Significant 7A News

7Awatcher

Obviously you are a very young person, so I'll hold my tongue, except to say that when Coach Brown is ASK to coach at TTU, he will accept. I do expect this to happen in the future (possible near future) And who would blame him, and for that matter I never said that he wasn't capable of coaching girls basketball, he definately is. When he gets to the college level, it will good for ALL CONCERNED!

there once was a boastful person whom walked around the village. He would walk around talking about how knowledgable that he is. one day he was duing his usual routine when he came upon a monk. He started telling the monk about how intelligent that he was compared to the the other peasants in the village. The monk, just listened and never replied and went on his way. The next day, the monk was at the monastary raking leafs and the boastful villager walked by and replied how much better that he could rake the leafs and how the monk was wrong. The monk just nodded his head and went about his work.The next day the villager came by and again the monk was doing the same chore that he was doing the day before. Again, the villager boasted about how he could rake the leafs better than the monk. After listening to this, the monk handed the proud boastful person the rake. The monk watched in silence as the villager struggled to rake the leafs. ..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Being in some one elses shoes isn't as easy as it looks.

Obviously you are a very young person, so I'll hold my tongue, except to say that when Coach Brown is ASK to coach at TTU, he will accept. I do expect this to happen in the future (possible near future) And who would blame him, and for that matter I never said that he wasn't capable of coaching girls basketball, he definately is. When he gets to the college level, it will good for ALL CONCERNED!

there once was a boastful person whom walked around the village. He would walk around talking about how knowledgable that he is. one day he was duing his usual routine when he came upon a monk. He started telling the monk about how intelligent that he was compared to the the other peasants in the village. The monk, just listened and never replied and went on his way. The next day, the monk was at the monastary raking leafs and the boastful villager walked by and replied how much better that he could rake the leafs and how the monk was wrong. The monk just nodded his head and went about his work.The next day the villager came by and again the monk was doing the same chore that he was doing the day before. Again, the villager boasted about how he could rake the leafs better than the monk. After listening to this, the monk handed the proud boastful person the rake. The monk watched in silence as the villager struggled to rake the leafs. ..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Being in some one elses shoes isn't as easy as it looks.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you might be interested in a study that was released last week which shows that public education has closed the gap on private education, especially in math. By closed I mean that there is no significant difference between public and private education. One of my parents is a wonderful teacher who teaches advanced/AP classes in a public school. She told me that the hardest thing for the "private school gone public" transfer to get used to is that they have to WORK for their grade. She has had parent after parent of previous private schools up there complaining that "Susie" doesn't deserve that C she just got.

I stand by my earlier comment that girls who transfer should have to sit out a year. The emphasis that we place on sports is insane. Reality is that less that .05% of girls will ever do ANYTHING with sports when they get out of high school. The ones that do will make VERY LITTLE MONEY AT IT. Doctors, Lawyers, Pharmasicts, Plumbers, Nurses, Accountants, EVEN Teachers, make more money than the average woman in sports. It is parents, not the kids, who have turned high school sports into what it is today. It is parent's living out their sports dreams through their kids.

The first two sentences of this post are hilarious. Who released that study, Tennessee public schools. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

captin, your obvious hatred and resentment for jim brown is clouding your judgement. So, the young ladies whom 'transfer' in are supposed to be hated and resented?? lets suppose that a relative of yours didn't get to play because of a 'transfer'. Maybe your relative should have worked harder so that she wouldn't be replaced. Would this be a reasonable assessment??

Brown he's a big boy. trash him not the young ladies nor the families. If you have murky water, you need to let the water clear up so you can see.