What has happened to Chattanooga Soccer?

rigger101

I have not seen a team in a championship game in a while. How are the select teams doing. In the late 90's there were strong slect teams and that translated to some strong HS teams in the early 2000s. Looks like the West Knox teams and Brentwood have owned the turf over the last 6 years.

Just wondering wha happened to the kids Pedro and Dean was working?

Baylor was the D2 state champions just last year...2007. Baylor and McCallie were both in the semifinals this year. Notre Dame was in the semifinals in 2007...dropping a heart breaker. I really don't know the last time a Chattanooga team made a deep run in AAA. But you are obviously wrong with your first statement. It seems alot of the select teams in Chattanooga has their kids spread way out among alot of high school teams and for some reason alot of the talent has elected not to take their soccer to the next level to a smaller college.

I have not seen a team in a championship game in a while. How are the select teams doing. In the late 90's there were strong slect teams and that translated to some strong HS teams in the early 2000s. Looks like the West Knox teams and Brentwood have owned the turf over the last 6 years.

Chattanooga did not have as many teams make it to state as normal. We (Ooltewah) came close but lost in a close one to Cleveland...who had the misfortune of having to play Brentwood right off the bat. Notre Dame and CCS both were upset and did not advance...Boyd advanced but was bounced pretty hard....however I think Boyd is a very young team. You said that no one has won a championship so you forgot about Baylor....just won it last year. Both Baylor and McCallie lost very close games in the semifinals. Baylor to CBHS 1-0 and McCallie to Father Ryan 2-1.

Chattanooga did not have as many teams make it to state as normal. We (Ooltewah) came close but lost in a close one to Cleveland...who had the misfortune of having to play Brentwood right off the bat. Notre Dame and CCS both were upset and did not advance...Boyd advanced but was bounced pretty hard....however I think Boyd is a very young team. You said that no one has won a championship so you forgot about Baylor....just won it last year. Both Baylor and McCallie lost very close games in the semifinals. Baylor to CBHS 1-0 and McCallie to Father Ryan 2-1.

I'm sorry I should have clarified.

I wasn't talking D-II.

It seamed at one time in the late 90's there were very strong select teams coming out of Choo choo town.

I think the point about the talent being spread out form those teams is a good point. I think the team my son played on back then was 65% Baylor, 10% McCallie, 5% ND and 20% public School kids who went into baseball or moved away.

I know Boyd B had some great teams because I remember them giving Farragut all they wanted one year in 2001 or one of those years. I hope to see more teams coming from that area in the future. Our family enyoyed our time watching the youth of Chattanooga playing on the fields of glory. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm sorry I should have clarified.

I wasn't talking D-II.

It seamed at one time in the late 90's there were very strong select teams coming out of Choo choo town.

I think the point about the talent being spread out form those teams is a good point. I think the team my son played on back then was 65% Baylor, 10% McCallie, 5% ND and 20% public School kids who went into baseball or moved away.

I know Boyd B had some great teams because I remember them giving Farragut all they wanted one year in 2001 or one of those years. I hope to see more teams coming from that area in the future. Our family enyoyed our time watching the youth of Chattanooga playing on the fields of glory. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think alot that huts "Choo Choo town" soccer for boys is that Private middle school teams and Public MS teams play their seasons during different times of the year. One in the fall and one in the spring. When you have a club team with mixed public and privates it makes it very hard to keep your team together when 1/4 or 1/2 your team is seemingly always gone to play school ball.

JMO... Why anyone elected the public MS to play their soccer season in Oct. And Nov. should be shot. The last 2 years that my daughter played in the finals the temp was below freezing. But hey it's only soccer right....Hamilton Co. school board. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />