Tennessee Players and the Draft

MaryvilleRebels

The University of Kentucky has gotten something like 6 of the top 50 recruits in the nation to sign LOI to play for them. However, fans are very unsure about which if these six, if any, will make it on campus. Well two of these players are from Tennessee so I was just wondering if anyone had any information on them. They are...

Seth Lintz and Corban Joseph

Both are top notch players, but will they be willing to go to college or do you think they are minor league bound?

Baseball America has both Letnz and Gray in the top 60 picks for the June draft.

Inside MLB info: Joseph will sign pro if given the opportunity due to issues other than baseball

Gray's stock is droping due to injury & size and most feel that is why he released the statement that he did. He is 5'10" and not 6'0" and the MLB teams want their pitchers taken early in the draft to be taller than Sonny.

Lentz has more upside than Gray and most scouts & the mlb scouting service feel that he will go higher in the draft than Sonny.

Baseball America has both Letnz and Gray in the top 60 picks for the June draft.

Inside MLB info: Joseph will sign pro if given the opportunity due issues other than baseball

Gray's stock is droping due to injury & size and most feel that is why he released the statement that he did. He is 5'10" and not 6'0" and the MLB teams want their pitchers taken early in the draft to be taller than Sonny.

Lentz has more upside than Gray and most scouts & the mlb scouting service feel that he will go higher in the draft than Sonny.

I thought Sonny was taller than that for some reason.

Inside MLB info: Joseph will sign pro if given the opportunity due to issues other than baseball

In this case size has nothing to do with it at all... Sonny if decided to go pro would have been atleast a top 25 pick if not higher. I agree that pros want taller pitchers but the way they were all over him he could have been 4 ft 8 and still been fine. He has just decided that he would rather go to college and get his degree which there isn't anything wrong with that.

Thanks for the info guys! I dread my team having to face guys like Cotham and Gray for several more years.

Also, what can you guys tell me about Mike Williams? I believe that is his name. He is Farragut's catcher and he also signed with Kentucky. Sorry for all the UK questions, I am just a big UK fan, and a big college baseball fan, but don't keep up too much with high school baseball.

In this case size has nothing to do with it at all... Sonny if decided to go pro would have been atleast a top 25 pick if not higher. I agree that pros want taller pitchers but the way they were all over him he could have been 4 ft 8 and still been fine. He has just decided that he would rather go to college and get his degree which there isn't anything wrong with that.

I am sorry but you are wrong on what MLB teams want with regard to size and high school players taken in the draft.