Will Clark Austin East WR 6'3 160

Taharin Tyson FB/LB Alcoa 5'10 235

Darryl Warren RB 6'1 215 Alcoa

Johnathan Henry DL Alcoa 6'2 200

Christian Coleman TE Milan 6'3 200

Jarrod Coleman QB McCallie 6'2 190

Devrin Young RB/CB Bearden 5'7 155

Terry Redden DL Memphis Whitehaven 6'1 267

are some of the top sophomore names being tossed around....

you can read about Young

Coleman and redden in this Rivals write...those three are considered three of the best in the Southeast....

http://rivals100.Unapproved Website/content.asp?cid=822309

Taharin "buck" Tyson FB/LB 5'10 225 Alcoa

Steven Isom Flanker 6'0 180 Alcoa

Darryl Warren RB 6'0 220 Alcoa

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Knoxville Area spohmores to watch for:

Devrin Young (Bearden RB/DB) This kid runs like the wind and has the ability to stop on a dime. I coached Devrin for years with the Knoxville Falcons and matter of fact he is my nephew and if he grows will play division 1 football, he reminds people of former Fulton standout and University of Tennessee player Dennis Rogan.

Brad Reid (Knox West OL/DL) This kid is a beast and has a motor on him where he goes full bore until the whistle blows and is strong as a ox. I coached Brad for years with the Knoxville Falcons and he has the ability of dominate the O-Line and D-Line.

Demetrius Thomas aka: D-Man (Fulton QB/RB/DB) This kid has the makings of a true game breaker at every position and has a mean streak in him. I coached D-Man for years and if he keeps his head right he has a great chance to do big things in his football career.

Mychal Cason (Fulton OL/DL) This kid is probably one of the smartest lineman I have ever coached and he is has good foot speed and good technique. Mychal has the chance to be a big recruit by his senior year and if he keeps growning he could become very dominate lineman, he is got a great work ethic and has a chance to do some good things in his career.

Ben Winters (Fulton QB/TE/LB) This kid has a motor on him like I have never seen before and he likes to hit and I mean he really loves contact, he also has a great football mind and is developing into a dominate player at Fulton. Ben is probably one of the top 3 football players I have ever coached and plays with alot of emotion and puts his heart and soul into every play. If this kid keeps growing the sky is the limit for him and has a big time arm and brings the wood on every play defensively.

Those are just some of the big time players that I know have a chance to do big things in their football careers.

Holla at cha boi... ShaneC

All the talk about Devrin Young!! Amazing what hype can do. I have heard so much about this kid and was really excited to get a chance and see him play. I saw the Jamboree at Bearden- got to see some great football and some poor football. I can't tell you how let down I was watching this kid play. I will say that he looks very fast. That's it...fast. Being a great player means that you make plays. What I saw as a DB was a receiver run right past him and if he didn't drop the ball he would have scored a TD. He had a very stupid personal foul that likely set up Catholic for their 1 TD. As a RB I saw nothing impressive other than 1 decent run. He is way too small, has no idea about angles, no vision. He appears to be a player that loves attention and wants to be seen. I see him having great stats against weak teams, but will totally fade against any solid team . Please stop setting this very average player up for a fall. Let his play do the talking.

The impressive running back at that Jamboree was the Farragut RB, I think his name was Hudson- he was #3. Very hard North-South runner, follows blocks, cuts well. This kid has a future in college somewhere. I have always had a deep hatred for Farragut, so this is hard to even type- but facts are facts! They are truely the best team I have seen this year. Farragut should make a run at State. Bearden will be lucky to win 4 games. Losing 20 starters is tough! Sorry!

Well as you may know Perry County went 0-10 last year.This year will be one of the greatest turn arounds in PC history.They are very motivated and determined and I would say they go 6-4(best record all-time).Dray Mercer will be one of the top sophmores in 1A ball .

Well as you may know Perry County went 0-10 last year.This year will be one of the greatest turn arounds in PC history.They are very motivated and determined and I would say they go 6-4(best record all-time).Dray Mercer will be one of the top sophmores in 1A ball .

All the talk about Devrin Young!! Amazing what hype can do. I have heard so much about this kid and was really excited to get a chance and see him play. I saw the Jamboree at Bearden- got to see some great football and some poor football. I can't tell you how let down I was watching this kid play. I will say that he looks very fast. That's it...fast. Being a great player means that you make plays. What I saw as a DB was a receiver run right past him and if he didn't drop the ball he would have scored a TD. He had a very stupid personal foul that likely set up Catholic for their 1 TD. As a RB I saw nothing impressive other than 1 decent run. He is way too small, has no idea about angles, no vision. He appears to be a player that loves attention and wants to be seen. I see him having great stats against weak teams, but will totally fade against any solid team . Please stop setting this very average player up for a fall. Let his play do the talking.

The impressive running back at that Jamboree was the Farragut RB, I think his name was Hudson- he was #3. Very hard North-South runner, follows blocks, cuts well. This kid has a future in college somewhere. I have always had a deep hatred for Farragut, so this is hard to even type- but facts are facts! They are truely the best team I have seen this year. Farragut should make a run at State. Bearden will be lucky to win 4 games. Losing 20 starters is tough! Sorry!

to give you an update on Devrin tonight

1 catch 73 yd TD

65 yd Kickoff return

8carries about 40 yds

3 INt's..(one caught out of bounds)

5-6 tackles.....

1 PBU

In the 1st half...the game is on 1180espn.com

those other kids you mentioned are good...but they can't touch Devrin...your talking about a national recruit....

I'm sure he will be in consideration for KIL player of the Week.....

you know nothing about young....he is very humble...has a 3.0 in advanced placement classes....

is that enough plays for you???? In the 1st half.....s

to give you an update on Devrin tonight

1 catch 73 yd TD

65 yd Kickoff return

8carries about 40 yds

3 INt's..(one caught out of bounds)

5-6 tackles.....

1 PBU

In the 1st half...the game is on 1180espn.com

those other kids you mentioned are good...but they can't touch Devrin...your talking about a national recruit....

I'm sure he will be in consideration for KIL player of the Week.....

you know nothing about young....he is very humble...has a 3.0 in advanced placement classes....

is that enough plays for you???? In the 1st half.....s

named 1180ESPN player of the game...over 200 all purpose yds 1 td on 14 touches (75 yd kickoff ...73 yd td reception for TD)

8 tackles

2 int's 4 PBU.....

named 1180ESPN player of the game...over 200 all purpose yds 1 td on 14 touches (75 yd kickoff ...73 yd td reception for TD)

8 tackles

2 int's 4 PBU.....

It was a great game for Young!

I truely hope this will continue. I would love to have to eat my words of him being average, but very fast. Keep in mind, the season is early and how good is Carter....or any other team? Time will tell. Let's see what happens when he plays better comp.

I would love to see those kinds of numbers against Farragut or even West! Nothing would please me more!!! If that happens, I will watch him over the next 2 season's with admiration!!

I really hope you are right orangeblur!!