Great upcoming sophmores

tnfootball4

I see" Blur" beat me to the punch. What's up , Carlos...

Being friends with his parents since. we were kids and coaching this kid for yrs in Pop Warner. I have to call him my sophomore. Yes that is Devrin Young. My little orange Q-Tip.

He ended up with 2 picks, a touchdown, and 223 all purpose yards. He also caused a fumble and recovered it, too.

I knew the excuses would come too. """""THEY WERE PLAYING CARTER"""""""".

Yes, Carter, not the best team. Closer to the bottom, than the top.

Still a great game..

How did everyone else's soph. do? I would like to know.

Blur or I, will be back next week with another update.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devrin with another big game on the ground for the Bearden Bulldogs. I believe he had 165 with a long TD run of more than 60 yards. The kid is electric.

he had about 140..here is the link

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/aug/30/y...over-west-14-6/

I see" Blur" beat me to the punch. What's up , Carlos...

Being friends with his parents since. we were kids and coaching this kid for yrs in Pop Warner. I have to call him my sophomore. Yes that is Devrin Young. My little orange Q-Tip.

He ended up with 2 picks, a touchdown, and 223 all purpose yards. He also caused a fumble and recovered it, too.

I knew the excuses would come too. """""THEY WERE PLAYING CARTER"""""""".

Yes, Carter, not the best team. Closer to the bottom, than the top.

Still a great game..

How did everyone else's soph. do? I would like to know.

Blur or I, will be back next week with another update.

what up Caz....

Coleman had a huge 3rd down sack last night against Huntingdon when the game was still in doubt. He is lining up at both DT and NG depending on what formation we have. Soph's don't get a lot of snaps at Milan because of depth, but this kid has a chance to be a great player. Keep up the good work /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It was a great game for Young!

I truely hope this will continue. I would love to have to eat my words of him being average, but very fast. Keep in mind, the season is early and how good is Carter....or any other team? Time will tell. Let's see what happens when he plays better comp.

I would love to see those kinds of numbers against Farragut or even West! Nothing would please me more!!! If that happens, I will watch him over the next 2 season's with admiration!!

I really hope you are right orangeblur!!

O.k I guess the time has come to start eating my words!!!

I saw the West Vs Bearden game last night- I now change my opinion about Young being average...he is WAY, WAY above average!! This is NOT the same player I watched in the jamboree! I guess he was holding back- a LOT! His long touchdown run showed that he has the patience and good sense to follow his blockers (which was absolutely fantastic blocking!) and he broke off when he knew he was gone. And he was gone!! This kid is more than fast, he is extremely quick and fast! Some of the moves he put on people last night were just sick!! I also saw a surprising strength to this kid that you would not think would come from someone so small. I am impressed! My only concern is that this kid does not get a rest! It may not hurt when you play a weak team, but tougher games are coming! Give him a rest once in a while!!

I look forward to the Farragut game- this will be a true test.

I still say Farragut wins this by 3 TD's! I think it will be a long night for Bearden...I REALLY hope I am wrong, but I still think the Admirals are the real deal!!

Devrin's run was nice. I'd give more credit to the line though. They were with him all the way down the field. I believe it was the pulling guard. Big number 70 I think. That was a tough game. If West didn't hurt themselves with penalties they might have won.

Yes Devrin does a good job following his blockers as he seeks a lane to run. 70 is senior Travis Roberson and he is big.

West had chances but as you stated penalties and turnovers cost them dearly. West had more yards on the ground, more first downs, led in time of possession, but could not get their passing game going until late in the game. Christian Francis looked like the sophomore that he is.

O.k I guess the time has come to start eating my words!!!

I saw the West Vs Bearden game last night- I now change my opinion about Young being average...he is WAY, WAY above average!! This is NOT the same player I watched in the jamboree! I guess he was holding back- a LOT! His long touchdown run showed that he has the patience and good sense to follow his blockers (which was absolutely fantastic blocking!) and he broke off when he knew he was gone. And he was gone!! This kid is more than fast, he is extremely quick and fast! Some of the moves he put on people last night were just sick!! I also saw a surprising strength to this kid that you would not think would come from someone so small. I am impressed! My only concern is that this kid does not get a rest! It may not hurt when you play a weak team, but tougher games are coming! Give him a rest once in a while!!

I look forward to the Farragut game- this will be a true test.

I still say Farragut wins this by 3 TD's! I think it will be a long night for Bearden...I REALLY hope I am wrong, but I still think the Admirals are the real deal!!

if I was coach taylor I'd play Dev at Safety....I was also impressed with Dillon Wilker.......that dude stayed in the backfield making plays.....(#80)

Westview has a good looking sophomore in their starting QB Tanner Spencer. In his first varsity game friday night he threw for 150+ yards and 2 TDs while on throwing around 2 or 3 incompletions. The best thing was he did not turn the ball over! He looked good and should turn out well in the next couple of years! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

JABRIEL WASHINGTON

Trinity Christian Academy

Sophomore

Quarterback/defensive back

5-11, 165

Jacksonsun Freshman fo the year:

Why he was the 2007 freshman of the year: Totaled 1,254 all-purpose yards and 13 touchdowns and offense and intercepted four passes on defense.

This year: The athlete that has already received interest and offers from around the country, but will move from receiver to quarterback this season as the offense returns one player.

I heard he was already drawing strong interest from Arkansas, Texas A&M, Colororado, and Georgia. Don't know if all that is true or not, but somebody posted this as offers on the Jackson Sun sports page.

JABRIEL WASHINGTON

Trinity Christian Academy

Sophomore

Quarterback/defensive back

5-11, 165

Jacksonsun Freshman fo the year:

Why he was the 2007 freshman of the year: Totaled 1,254 all-purpose yards and 13 touchdowns and offense and intercepted four passes on defense.

This year: The athlete that has already received interest and offers from around the country, but will move from receiver to quarterback this season as the offense returns one player.

I heard he was already drawing strong interest from Arkansas, Texas A&M, Colororado, and Georgia. Don't know if all that is true or not, but somebody posted this as offers on the Jackson Sun sports page.

its true......

• 4 weeks later...