Sunbelt Tourney

bucs19

wow what a surprise farragut kids playing big for team tennessee not to mention powell and cooper turned down the invites haha farragut is stacked

You make it sound as if they should have just sent Farragut to the tournament instead of a group of kids from all over the state. I do think it would have been more interesting had they done that though. Good players on other teams deserve some extra playing time and credit as well though.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Saturday games and I can definitely verify that Stallings is smashing the ball all over the yard. Hit a bomb to dead center and had several other SHOTS. This tourney is the real deal... Well run, tons of scouts. I would strongly suggest getting your coaches to get involved with TBCA and have them nominate their top players.

TN faces Mississippi and Oklahoma Gold today, then Arizona and Canada tomorrow.

the team is selected from players who are nominated by their high school coach. Credit those who are playing for this team regardless of their class. alot of good juniors arent on this team because their high school coach isnt that involved in the TBCA or the players didnt ask their coach to nominate them.

Great response. I would not say this is all the top players in TN. Many decline the offer because of summer ball and other committments. That said, it is the beter players who are nominated by their HS coach. The coach must be a memeber of the TBCA in order to nominate. I would say they do a good job of selecting the best talent from those nominated. Many HS coaches are just not that into the deal. Great baseball, great exsposure and great fun for players who go. GOOD LUCK TEAM TN !!!!!