11AAA 08-09

bigboss

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overton has a good core, a good coach, and a real good soph class. Dangerous team.

We know what Franklin has, "everybody back", plus no more Streak Pressure.

Brentwood has king+tiechman, good combo

Hillsboro is always well coached plus athletic,

Hillwood???????.........

Ind:Not sure

Ravenwood: pretenders

Cent: Kelly will take a record number of shots, possibly could shoot 30 times a game

i am predicting

1 Franklin

2 Brentwood

3 Hillsboro

4 Overton

5 Centennial

6 Independence

7 Ravenwood

8 Overton

also it should be interesting to see where some of these players end up going to college. i have heard that young, haddix, and teichman have all had very productive summers on the travel cicruit and are making their claim as D1 players. and of course you have kelly who is the top prospect. mcmillan at hillsboro (only a junior) is also gathering high major interest

i am predicting

1 Franklin

2 Brentwood

3 Hillsboro

4 Overton

5 Centennial

6 Independence

7 Ravenwood

8 Overton

also it should be interesting to see where some of these players end up going to college. i have heard that young, haddix, and teichman have all had very productive summers on the travel cicruit and are making their claim as D1 players. and of course you have kelly who is the top prospect. mcmillan at hillsboro (only a junior) is also gathering high major interest

Big Boss, I am going to assume that you realize that Overton cannot come in both 4th and 8th place. You left off Hillwood.

Centennial's Kelly will have to shoot 30 times a game for Centennial to contend. But as silly as that sounds it might actually work.

Independence will be better than last season with the return of Blake Carden and Casey Consiglio. They should keep their eyes on the 4th spot in the district but will probably end up coming in 5th.

Franklin should go undefeated in district play barring a hiccup once or twice. We can only hope that they don't pull "an Independence 2 years ago" and lose in the first round of district play.

Centennial's Kelly will have to shoot 30 times a game for Centennial to contend. But as silly as that sounds it might actually work.

Independence will be better than last season with the return of Blake Carden and Casey Consiglio. They should keep their eyes on the 4th spot in the district but will probably end up coming in 5th.

Franklin should go undefeated in district play barring a hiccup once or twice. We can only hope that they don't pull "an Independence 2 years ago" and lose in the first round of district play.

I think the Rebels are a little too experienced to fall victim to a first round loss, although that's looking way too far ahead.

i dont see any one player shooting 30 times a game and their team still contending in 11AAA

I don't think Kelly will be shooting 30 times a game, but CHS does need someone to step up and be a solid #2 guy. Justin Brown looked good at times off the bench last year, but he hasn't emerged as a sure-fire every-night kind of guy (like Allante was). Scales should be back this year, but after missing almost an entire year due to injury, one has to wonder how sharp he'll be. Travis Williams showed some promise last year inside, as did Ben Mixer. One of those guys needs to step up and become a consistent threat to create a balanced attack.

1. Franklin

2. Brentwood

3. Centennial

4. Hillsboro

5. Overton

6. Ravenwood

7. Independence

8. Hillwood

Franklin will easily run away with the district this year with young, starnes, and kegarise leading the way. Brentwood in my opinion is favored second because of their inside presence with teichmann and outside presence with hood. Centennial is right here solely because of Drew Kelly. With no supporting cast around him, i don't see them doing better than third in the district. Hillsboro and Overton are pretty much similar teams and will fight for fourth and fifth place in the district but you never know these teams. With the loss of Darrell Miller of Hillsboro, i don't see as much threat anymore out of this team. Ravenwood will think they can win this district but with your only player graduating last year they will only be pretenders in this district. Independence will struggle a lot this year with losing their best shooter and debated best player in consiglio. I don't see them doing any damage at all this year. And last but not least is the one and only Hillwood. I don't need to say anything about this team because it is understood. All in all, I can't wait for this season in 11-AAA basketball.

Also, i'm going to go ahead and predict my state finals. I think Franklin will make it to The Boro but i predict the finals as a clash between an East and West Tennessee teams in Bearden vs. White Station. Joe Jackson and Demonte Simpson should be a great match-up.