coalfield head coach gone ?

baden550

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Melton kid still at coalfield or did he transfer to Wartburg? Iv heard a lot of rumors here lately.. Heard a lot of Negative things and coalfield has been named in these rumors.....

I too have heard a lot of "stuff" and it is hard to sort out truth from rumor. No one from Coalfield is stepping up to really confirm of deny the rumors. Everything from the resignation to the departure of certain key players. When C-town is quiet, it is not a good sign. There may be trouble in the camp. Anybody over there got any information????

Well I??™ll go ahead and say what iv heard??¦ I??™ve ???heard??? coalfield has been *caught* in a big mess! Iv ???Heard??? they got *caught* paying kids to go to coalfield. Paying there rent and so on so forth??¦ Now let??™s see what other people have heard??¦ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Ohh ohh and iv heard that along with this, Some of the people that have been helping coalfield do these terrible things are connected with the Morgan County sheriffs Dept and the Morgan County News /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> , But these are just rumors and speculation /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .

Hahahaha!!!!!!

How in the heck is Morgan Co Sheriff's Dept and Morgan Co News paying kids and their families to go to Coalfield when they can't hardly pay their own employees????

And If they were... why not Wartburg? It is where the MCSD and MCN are located............

This is truly a classic CoachT post.

Well, I've been around on and off for about 35 years and I can tell you this much from my nephew. Melton does not go to Coalfield anymore and has no plans of going back. He went to Wartburg at the end of last year, because that's where the county alternative is. I do not know if he plans on attendin Wartburg next year. *Melton and my nephew are pretty good friends. And to the Fact on why "Recru*****" didnt help Wartburg is lets look at the facts. Wartburg plays AA football with Loudon and Alcoa. The chances of being a big time player in the region is slim to none. Coalfield is A and regularly has multiple all-region performers and usually has an above average season. And When it comes to other sports lets just face it. Coalfield has a state title in baseball, Wartburg has nothing. And for basketball, Alot of the kids arent playin Basketball. Strictly Football and Baseball. I have not heard they are in trouble though? and I agree with Cheesefries on the fact that Morgan County has a hard enough time with employees I do not see where they are going to pay people to live in Coalfield.

Just a little bit of Information.

Wartburg Region 2 AA

Kyle Lamance Best linemen in the region 2004 and 2005

Michael Wilkie Best Linemen in the region 2003

Travis Nelson Most Athletic in the region 2004

John T Armes Best QB in the Region 2002 2003

Brent Hamy Punt/Kick Returner in region2004

Brent Laymance Punt/Kick Returner in Region2004

Jake Hawn Best Safety in region 2002 2003

That??™s just the Top Performers not all the regular all region people like, Inman QB, Crozier FB, Gibson C, George HB, Lecomte LB, Sills G, Ryan Gunter HB, David England DE, Ryan Hamm LB, Jesse Young LB, Daugherty DB, Knight WR Just to name a few. Wartburg has had some top performers in region 2a

and I didn??™t say Morgan County Sheriffs or Morgan County news was paying anyone anything I said they were connected. ???Certain??? individuals that are employed with the department and the news. Also this is just stuff that floating around the air in middle tennessee

Is there any talk of Keith Jackson, former Coalfield player and current Oak Ridge assistant, coming back home to take over the program???

Talk is the Henry Brothers will now be in charge now. The job was not posted on the school system website this week. It was updated on June 16th. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Are there any others for consideration?? Might be good to get a Coalfield person into the program.

I have heard that Melton is going home to Bledsoe Co. There is great anticipation on their list about his return.

I like all the speculation. I will say one thing, MCN and MCSD is not involved in anything at the Coalfield sports program that was either under handed or a dirty deal or for anything for that matter unless reporting on the program and patroling the games counts. The school has been cleared of any and all charges that may, or may not, have been filed. Nobody has ever paid anyone to come to Coalfield. As oldbulldogwatcher said, the successes speak for themselves. If you had a choice to attend a school in Morgan for these reasons, where would you go? If you wanted to play football for a former UT All American where would you go? Finally, we are being quiet because of the uncertainities of the situation.

The school has not been settled since the 10 year principal left in late '06. The Admin. did not back the program in '06-'07 as we have been accustom to historically even when the team was 12-1. It has finally settled a little bit this past year with a Coalfield Alum. as Principal and Coach Henry as Asst. Principal. We hope for the best in this arena.

Coach K's status is not going to be discussed. He always has a home at Coalfield, is responsible for our great success since he has been there, and if he has left it was under his own terms. That is the way is its, and should be. Please allow him to make his own decisions, he has earned that right. He deserves more than idle speculation and gossip regarding his decisons.