SMYRNA'S OFFENSE?

hitstick

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO you want your best player to have the ball in his hands....at QB he had his hands on the ball EVERY play.

Who would u have had at QB?

personally i would have had kevin shepard at QB... i would rather have the best person for the position and not just the best player on the team ... i mean grant it wallace is a very good athlete and was the best athlete on the team but i just dont think that QB is his best position i think he would have been better off as a slot or even a RB.. but not QB

personally i would have had kevin shepard at QB... i would rather have the best person for the position and not just the best player on the team ... i mean grant it wallace is a very good athlete and was the best athlete on the team but i just dont think that QB is his best position i think he would have been better off as a slot or even a RB.. but not QB

LOL.cmon..he never even won a game as a freshman QB..I think they went 1-7 when he was a freshman and Kirkland wheeler started at QB the game they won

Thats kool though...everyone is entitled to their opinion

Hopefully Wallace will have a great career at Tennessee Tech

LOL.cmon..he never even won a game as a freshman QB..I think they went 1-7 when he was a freshman and Kirkland wheeler started at QB the game they won

Thats kool though...everyone is entitled to their opinion

Hopefully Wallace will have a great career at Tennessee Tech

yea i see where your comin from but i still would have liked to see him get more PT at QB

That was the problem.....with him at QB, everyone knew to key on him b/c he was going to be the one running with the ball. Everyone knew they weren't going to throw. Made it easier to decide what to do defens.ively. At least if he was playing slot , it kept the defense more honest.

By the way, if he had the 2000 yds that was claimed earlier, why didn't he get the offensive MVP of the region or was up for Mr. Football? Now before you say that someone on a team that has a losing record can't get region MVP.....think again. Kaelin Griffith got it from Oakland...... REGION defensive player of the year in 06. I just think you might be streeeeeeeeeeeeeetching those stats a bit. No disrespect to Wallace. I think he is a fine athlete.

That was the problem.....with him at QB, everyone knew to key on him b/c he was going to be the one running with the ball. Everyone knew they weren't going to throw. Made it easier to decide what to do defens.ively. At least if he was playing slot , it kept the defense more honest.

By the way, if he had the 2000 yds that was claimed earlier, why didn't he get the offensive MVP of the region or was up for Mr. Football? Now before you say that someone on a team that has a losing record can't get region MVP.....think again. Kaelin Griffith got it from Oakland...... REGION defensive player of the year in 06. I just think you might be streeeeeeeeeeeeeetching those stats a bit. No disrespect to Wallace. I think he is a fine athlete.

No disrespect meant. I see what youre getting at but in a slot with noone to throw him the ball how valuable is he?Yes he could tote it on jet and rocket sweep but then the defense can jut check slant to his motion. Still a tendency.

By the way, if he had the 2000 yds that was claimed earlier, why didn't he get the offensive MVP of the region or was up for Mr. Football?

Actually, I looked at Blackmans website and here are his stats for the 2007 season:

1081 Yards Passing

855 Yards Rushing

So that equals out to:1936 Total Yards

Now I did say "he did was go for about 2000 rushing and passing"....so he didnt hardly get 2000 but very close...And cmon was he going to beat out Rod or Sonny....so of course he wasnt going to get MVP.

Actually, I looked at Blackmans website and here are his stats for the 2007 season:

1081 Yards Passing

855 Yards Rushing

So that equals out to:1936 Total Yards

Now I did say "he did was go for about 2000 rushing and passing"....so he didnt hardly get 2000 but very close...And cmon was he going to beat out Rod or Sonny....so of course he wasnt going to get MVP.

I still have to agree with 2priceless on this one because since he was at QB and since he was the best athelete other teams did know that he was going to run the ball 90% of the times... so other teams did key on him and maybe thats why blackman is 6-24 the last three years

I still have to agree with 2priceless on this one because since he was at QB and since he was the best athelete other teams did know that he was going to run the ball 90% of the times... so other teams did key on him and maybe thats why blackman is 6-24 the last three years

10 of those losses were in 2005..Blackman was AWFUL..not one player would have started anywhere else in the county except for wallace and mimms.

and Blackman D has been pretty bad up till last year..it has gotten better..

so I wouldnt put all those 24 losses on the back of wallace..

But again he is gone and since this is a smyrna board...do u think the offensive coordinator will try to run smyrnas QB as much as he did wallace...

I heard rumors about SMyrna going spread and putting the meadows kid at QB and using him like wallace.

10 of those losses were in 2005..Blackman was AWFUL..not one player would have started anywhere else in the county except for wallace and mimms.

I beg to differ. My son was on that team and is now playing college football, so I'm pretty sure he could have started at almost any school in the county.

I beg to differ. My son was on that team and is now playing college football, so I'm pretty sure he could have started at almost any school in the county.

Really Where does he play?

ANyways...this is a Smyrna board..so back to them....how do yall bulldog fans feel about the new O coordinator?