Dyersburg Trojan Coach

mrbigster

Let's face it since Counce's return, football gets all the money and attention. DHS is a football school. DCHS has become a baseball and basketball school and will make a run to defend it's Region 7AAA title in football this season. Adam Renshaw is becoming one of West Tennessee's top coaches. He's no Legend...and won't be until he's won a couple of state titles.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Renshaw is a FINE MAN...A very Fine Christian man....And my hat is off to Dyer County for what they did last year in football...But's let's face it....Darren Bowling is/was NO JAMES COUNCE.... Adam Renshaw's pratices and Darren Bowling's practices ARE NOT LIKE JAMES COUNCE...No offense but go watch a James Counce practice...You have no trouble telling WHO RUNS THE SHOW...I say it now and I will always say it: IF JAMES COUNCE HAD THE TALENT THAT HAYWOOD/RIPLEY OR even COVINGTON has year in and year out...DHS would have NUMEROUS STATE TITLES....Not knocking the kids but year and and year out we have the least amount of ATHLETES on the field in about every contest.. HIS teams are WELL DISCIPLINED..FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND..AND WILL BE IN BETTER CONDITION IN THE FOURTH QUARTER!...James Counce coaches that bunch last year and NO WAY Dyer County wins....Tyler Caldwell and Rashad Taylor touched the ball ELEVEN TIMES BETWEEN THEM!.....The defense NEVER BLITZED!....And we STILL ALMOST WON ...If Logan Parker doesn't put the ball on the ground....And let's face it ever team used what DC did the rest of the way to Dyersburg....They THREW THE BALL...That 3-5-3 Stack defense was PITIFUL!......I will say this much:...If we had ONE HIGH SCHOOL.....especially last year...and let Counce coach the football...and McCord the basketball....We bring home a Gold ball in both sports...and Baseball?...We would have made a run at it too....But you are right about Dyersburg being a "football school"....I see all the kids who want to play basketball heading to DC and the football kids heading to Dyersburg....

Adam Renshaw is a FINE MAN...A very Fine Christian man....And my hat is off to Dyer County for what they did last year in football...But's let's face it....Darren Bowling is/was NO JAMES COUNCE.... Adam Renshaw's pratices and Darren Bowling's practices ARE NOT LIKE JAMES COUNCE...No offense but go watch a James Counce practice...You have no trouble telling WHO RUNS THE SHOW...I say it now and I will always say it: IF JAMES COUNCE HAD THE TALENT THAT HAYWOOD/RIPLEY OR even COVINGTON has year in and year out...DHS would have NUMEROUS STATE TITLES....Not knocking the kids but year and and year out we have the least amount of ATHLETES on the field in about every contest.. HIS teams are WELL DISCIPLINED..FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND..AND WILL BE IN BETTER CONDITION IN THE FOURTH QUARTER!...James Counce coaches that bunch last year and NO WAY Dyer County wins....Tyler Caldwell and Rashad Taylor touched the ball ELEVEN TIMES BETWEEN THEM!.....The defense NEVER BLITZED!....And we STILL ALMOST WON ...If Logan Parker doesn't put the ball on the ground....And let's face it ever team used what DC did the rest of the way to Dyersburg....They THREW THE BALL...That 3-5-3 Stack defense was PITIFUL!......I will say this much:...If we had ONE HIGH SCHOOL.....especially last year...and let Counce coach the football...and McCord the basketball....We bring home a Gold ball in both sports...and Baseball?...We would have made a run at it too....But you are right about Dyersburg being a "football school"....I see all the kids who want to play basketball heading to DC and the football kids heading to Dyersburg....

So you think DHS will beat Dyer Co. in football this year?

So you think DHS will beat Dyer Co. in football this year?

Let's put it this way....Dyer County gets all it's O-line back except for Justin Scott....Jeff Miller is a beast ...and Peyton Lucas made Adam Clark the qb he was.... I think DC will be OVER CONFIDENT with all the losses ( Rashad Taylor, Tyler Caldwell, Beau L, Trey Vernon, John Butler, Logan Parker, The Hudson kid) who all will play college ball somewhere....that Dyersburg has...But THE COUNCE FACTOR is worth 14 points alone...The man will take a team that is 5-5 in talent and coach them to 7-3....Nobody, and I mean NOBODY will OUT COACH or OUT PREPARE James Counce...Every morning that bunch is working in this summer heat...and WORKING HARD...and YOU CAN TELL IT MY LOOKING AT THEM....Talk about MUSCLE and MASS....I know Dyersburg loses alot ....But as I have always said..."Counce takes Lemons and makes Lemonade"....

Let's put it this way....Dyer County gets all it's O-line back except for Justin Scott....Jeff Miller is a beast ...and Peyton Lucas made Adam Clark the qb he was.... I think DC will be OVER CONFIDENT with all the losses ( Rashad Taylor, Tyler Caldwell, Beau L, Trey Vernon, John Butler, Logan Parker, The Hudson kid) who all will play college ball somewhere....that Dyersburg has...But THE COUNCE FACTOR is worth 14 points alone...The man will take a team that is 5-5 in talent and coach them to 7-3....Nobody, and I mean NOBODY will OUT COACH or OUT PREPARE James Counce...Every morning that bunch is working in this summer heat...and WORKING HARD...and YOU CAN TELL IT MY LOOKING AT THEM....Talk about MUSCLE and MASS....I know Dyersburg loses alot ....But as I have always said..."Counce takes Lemons and makes Lemonade"....

StevieRay, you are right on. While the General has his boys working out all summer Renshaw has his hanging out at the pool. Now that Counce is back DCHS doesn't have a chance. I hope with the re-classification next year they don't play each other, then we could root for both teams. Even though last year's game was the biggest in Trojan history.

Yes, watched a few Renshaw practices, a few Bowling practices (Too lax also) and a few Counce practices...No comparison between the three... I was THERE at the Lexington/DC scrimmage this spring and the STUNT that I saw that one kid pull...Where he PULLED OFF HIS HELMET and threw it on the ground...took a few more steps and pulled his JERSEY AND SHOULDERS PADS OFF AND SLUNG it on the ground and was cursing and raising KANE and walked off the field..Not towards the sidelines ..BUT OFF THE FIELD LIKE HE WAS GOING TO THE LOCKER ROOM.....RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A SCRIMMAGE...Because Kendall got on his butt about filling the hole....That is NO HEARSAY...I SAW THAT WITH MY OWN TWO EYES...And this kid was NO STARTER...He slung his helmet on the ground and walked off ....then turned and slung his SHOULDER PADS and JERSEY and walked off.. and was HOLLERING AND SCREAMING because Kendall got on him about NOT filling the hole...Hollered for another SAFETY and told this kid to get on the sideline and HE PULLED THIS STUNT!....His girlfriend came down ( I assume it was his girlfriend) and got him by the hand as he was THROWING A FIT DOWN IN THE SOUTH ENDZONE....SHE LED HIM BACK TO THE SIDELINE BY THE HAND...What was done to this young man?....NO running, NO up downs, Nothing..and it wasn't too long he PUT HIS STUFF BACK ON AND GOT ON THE FIELD and was playing again...Ask anybody that was there from DC/Lexington...Don't know if he was disciplined the next day...But that day he showed his BUTT and nothing was done...That is the gospel...Like I said before Adam Renshaw is a FINE MAN..But I can't imagine a head coach letting a player do that...You let one do it...They all will do it...THAT HAPPENED....How can you have discipline and control when you let a kid get away with something like that?...I know times have changed...But I can guarantee you one thing...He might have pulled that crap with James Counce...But he would have only done it ONE TIME...

wasnt kim decker a head coach at lc and oc? what is her record? how did she do in playoff time? win district or region?

I posted earlier above that she coached at Central and Lake Co..I believe she did pretty well at both places..At Lake Co she had good teams but those same years were when Bradford and Gleason were not just the best teams in Single A but were beating most Double A teams..Usually 1 of those teams won the State..But..one of her teams beat Gleason the year Gleason was ranked #1 in the State and was undefeated in the regular season and the district tournament and most everyone had Gleason winning the State and Lake Co threw up a shot from about 10 feet behind the 3 point line and banked a shot off the backboard for the win in the regional and knocked Gleason out of the tournament...A year or two later she led Lake Co to the State tournament in Murfreesboro and they fell one game short of the state championship..It seems like Lake Co went in that tournament and most Nashville papers gave them no chance and after winning their first two games,saw how quick they were and most got on the bandwagon and predicted them to win.Lake Co lost the next game to Celina,who had Miss Basketball in Single A and signed with Tenn ..Lake Co missed about 10 layups in that game and lost by 2 or 3 points..Anyway..don't know what her record was..but she did a good job at Lake Co..Now..Dyersburg lost a lot of ball players this season and all the most talented players from Three Oaks and maybe even Dyersburg are going to Dyer Co. from what I hear..So..I'm pretty sure Dyersburg is going to be down the next few seasons ,even if Coach K from Duke was coaching ..So I hope everyone doesn't put the blame on Coach Decker if the next few seasons doesn't produce a lot of wins...