BA's Loaded

moose

I don't care how loaded BA is every year, their 4-12 against their biggest rival in MBA and if they do beat the boys from West End, they lose in the game when it matters. At BA they talk the talk, but haven't walked the walked except once in the past 15 years.....and their suppose to be a powerhouse???? By the way does BA do any type of academic work during the day at school???

Not a powerhouse...just a quality high school football program. Certainly MBA has been better over the past ten years, nobody can rationally argue otherwise.

For the most part, I think you will find that most of the MBA and BA supporters (and players) on here have a great deal of mutual repect for each other. The exceptions are the immature, wimpy kids who couldn't dream of playing football for either of these fine programs and instaead take out their agressions behind a keyboard, or jealous people who wouldn't be admitted to either school.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a powerhouse...just a quality high school football program. Certainly MBA has been better over the past ten years, nobody can rationally argue otherwise.

For the most part, I think you will find that most of the MBA and BA supporters (and players) on here have a great deal of mutual repect for each other. The exceptions are the immature, wimpy kids who couldn't dream of playing football for either of these fine programs and instaead take out their agressions behind a keyboard, or jealous people who wouldn't be admitted to either school.

Let's not forget immature wimpy adults too.

I don't care how loaded BA is every year, their 4-12 against their biggest rival in MBA and if they do beat the boys from West End, they lose in the game when it matters. At BA they talk the talk, but haven't walked the walked except once in the past 15 years.....and their suppose to be a powerhouse???? By the way does BA do any type of academic work during the day at school???

I'm delighted at MBA's dominance over BA the last few years, but if you go to the record books, BA has a more consistent winning record than MBA. They've only had one season in their history where they lost more than they won on the field. MBA has had some seasons that were not...very pretty.

But MBA has been playing football for over 100 years and has always played at the highest level of classification. For instance from 1974-1992 BA was playing either A or AA ball when when the highest classification was AAA, which was the class MBA was in. Then in 1993 their became 4 classifications and BA now was only AAA and MBA was AAAA. Finally in in 1995 BA joined 5A, the highest classification and won back to back years against Riverdale. This repeat as we all know caused the private school split because public schools thought BA recruited illegally. But since then it has been it has been 13 years and BA has only won 1 state title at in my opinion the best Division in the state, while MBA has won 6 Titles and has a 12-4 record against BA. So what I am trying to point out is that BA may only have 1 losing season in their 40 years of football,but have they played the best teams they could have like MBA has tried to do year in and year out. MBA also is not able to let just anybody into the school like BA does, I have never heard of a very good athlete have to leave BA because they could not make the grades, but it happens all the time at MBA. JMO

But MBA has been playing football for over 100 years and has always played at the highest level of classification. For instance from 1974-1992 BA was playing either A or AA ball when when the highest classification was AAA, which was the class MBA was in. Then in 1993 their became 4 classifications and BA now was only AAA and MBA was AAAA. Finally in in 1995 BA joined 5A, the highest classification and won back to back years against Riverdale. This repeat as we all know caused the private school split because public schools thought BA recruited illegally. But since then it has been it has been 13 years and BA has only won 1 state title at in my opinion the best Division in the state, while MBA has won 6 Titles and has a 12-4 record against BA. So what I am trying to point out is that BA may only have 1 losing season in their 40 years of football,but have they played the best teams they could have like MBA has tried to do year in and year out. MBA also is not able to let just anybody into the school like BA does, I have never heard of a very good athlete have to leave BA because they could not make the grades, but it happens all the time at MBA. JMO

0 - the number of state championships MBA won from 1974 to 1992

462 - the 2006 enrollment at MBA - all boys

446 - the 2006 enrollment at BA including girls and boys

I believe Potter is the one of, if not the best, X and O coaches in the state. He had incredible success at McCallie with only a fraction of the tallent he has to work with at BA. Of course, he now has only a fraction of the IQs he had to work with at McCallie. But as BA has proven in the past, tallent can trump IQ even with a 1960s offense. With Ralph's offensive genius and relatively little admittance requirements (Is a timed 40 really on the BA admittance test?), the sky's the limit. Prediction: 5 DI scholarhips at BA and they don't call Auburn the 13th grade for nothing.

I believe Potter is the one of, if not the best, X and O coaches in the state. He had incredible success at McCallie with only a fraction of the tallent he has to work with at BA. Of course, he now has only a fraction of the IQs he had to work with at McCallie. But as BA has proven in the past, tallent can trump IQ even with a 1960s offense. With Ralph's offensive genius and relatively little admittance requirements (Is a timed 40 really on the BA admittance test?), the sky's the limit. Prediction: 5 DI scholarhips at BA and they don't call Auburn the 13th grade for nothing.

soccerpro1, if you are going to poke fun at another school's academic standards, at least use spell check to be sure ensure your post is without typos...tallent?

BA was anywhere from a brand new school to a new school having from aprox. 30 boys to 170 boys from 1969 - 1992. MBA was 100 years old and having over 400 boys at anytime during that period. I submit it was feasible for either school to compete in their respective classification during that time period. Surely you are not belittling the success of a small school competing against other small schools during their infancy. I, personally, REFUSE to belittle a very old, established large school for not winning a state EVER during the playoff system when all schools were combined. You can argue all day long that DII is the the best division in the state. The reality is that it is some years and it is not other years. Bottom line is there is no way of knowing unless they are combined. Without that, it is just your or my opinion. BA did win two with all schools combined in the largest classification. Just about anyone at BA will contend that those will always be the most special. I guess you just have to do it to understand what I am talking about.

I have only heard of (1) very good athlete leaving MBA for not making the grades. That was Aurie Allen. He left BA just prior to that for the same reason, but MBA admitted him anyway (now you have heard of one). I have heard of several very good athletes and non-athletes leaving BA for not making the grades and no one else, other than Aurie, from MBA. Maybe that is because I am affiliated with BA and not MBA. Probably the same with you. Most respectable institutions do not advertise such issues.

BA was anywhere from a brand new school to a new school having from aprox. 30 boys to 170 boys from 1969 - 1992. MBA was 100 years old and having over 400 boys at anytime during that period. I submit it was feasible for either school to compete in their respective classification during that time period. Surely you are not belittling the success of a small school competing against other small schools during their infancy. I, personally, REFUSE to belittle a very old, established large school for not winning a state EVER during the playoff system when all schools were combined. You can argue all day long that DII is the the best division in the state. The reality is that it is some years and it is not other years. Bottom line is there is no way of knowing unless they are combined. Without that, it is just your or my opinion. BA did win two with all schools combined in the largest classification. Just about anyone at BA will contend that those will always be the most special. I guess you just have to do it to understand what I am talking about.

I have only heard of (1) very good athlete leaving MBA for not making the grades. That was Aurie Allen. He left BA just prior to that for the same reason, but MBA admitted him anyway (now you have heard of one). I have heard of several very good athletes and non-athletes leaving BA for not making the grades and no one else, other than Aurie, from MBA. Maybe that is because I am affiliated with BA and not MBA. Probably the same with you. Most respectable institutions do not advertise such issues.

Well said 32

Graduate of hunter lane and signed with Gardner Webb(wont say his name), Former Pearl Cohn Starter at QB(don't' remember his name, chaz braden stater at Hillsboro when they lost to Maryville at state. This is just to name a few. But i have never heard any leaving from BA, did some stud soccer players leave I have not heard about????????

Graduate of hunter lane and signed with Gardner Webb(wont say his name), Former Pearl Cohn Starter at QB(don't' remember his name, chaz braden stater at Hillsboro when they lost to Maryville at state. This is just to name a few. But i have never heard any leaving from BA, did some stud soccer players leave I have not heard about????????

It has been my experience that there are two sides to most of these stories. We have your side and a name or two. Wasn't that nice of you? How do we know that these kids did not leave MBA for the same reason that Floyd Elliot left with his name on the press box, no less.

I hope everyone does not start naming names about kids leaving their schools. Hopefully, we can find other reasons to be proud of our respective schools.

That's dirty just throwing kids names out like that. Do you know the real reason for these kids leaving the school. May have been some other issues besides grades. Also, Chaz Braden was a starter on which Hillsboro team that lost to Maryville?