Brentwood@Prattville,Alabama*ESPNU

MrFootball

Hoover's only losses were to Coleraine(OH), a nationally recognized program, and Vestavia.

They're not doing too bad

That's one heck of a schedule. Starting off with the 2007 ESPN National Champs in St. X, that will be just plain murderous.

It would put butts in the seats that's for sure. However, I'd rather see the Rebs play South Panola or Miami Northwestern. Those two games would make me wet myself with exictement.

Maryville would get murdered, that would be biting off more than they can chew

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is Prattville's Schedule for this year. It going to be a tough one.

2008 Schedule

Aug. 30 at Saint Xavier (Cincinnati, Ohio)

Sep. 5 Montgomery Lee

Sep. 12 Benjamin Russell

Sep. 19 Wetumpka

Sep. 26 Brentwood Academy (TN) on ESPNU

Oct. 2 at Jeff Davis

Oct. 10 at Stanhope Elmore

Oct. 16 at Sidney Lanier

Oct. 31 Tuscaloosa

WOW!

I've been up in Cincinnati for two-plus years and I don't know anything about Prattville, but their better be ready when they cross the double decker bridge over the Ohio River. St. X is no joke. In fact there are probably at least 3-5 teams in the metro area that can win most of the south's largest (or most competitive either one) classes. Colerain, Anderson, Moeller...heck Newport Catholic just across the river in Kentucky is pretty strong.

Now if we can just get Maryville, TN to play Hoover, AL that would really be awesome.

You have to be kidding. This is the same Maryville that ducks and covers from joining 5A. That's rich! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You have to be kidding. This is the same Maryville that ducks and covers from joining 5A. That's rich! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They'd do the same thing in 5A that they're doing in 4A.

Besides, they'll be moving up next year anyways.

They'd do the same thing in 5A that they're doing in 4A.

Besides, they'll be moving up next year anyways.

i have to disagree with you there, considering they played Maplewood in the championship game last year, and it was not a blowout.... Maplewood was not a great football team, but they gave Maryville more than they expected. If Maryville moves up to 5A, I dont think they will win State every year, much less go undefeated

You act like Maryville is such a push-over. Numbers don't lie!

Maryville has a record of 103-wins, 2-losses, 6-State Championships, and 1-State Runner Up over the last seven years. They currently have a 60-game winning streak. Their 2-losses came by a touchdown in regular season & a field goal in the State Championship. They haven't been beaten in regular season since Sept. 14, 2001, haven't lost a game period, since Nov. 29, 2003, and have won the State Titles by two touchdowns or more each of the last three years.

2001 State Champs 14-1 Beat Hillsboro 34-27 Only loss was to Morristown West 31-24.

2002 State Champs 15-0 Beat Hillsboro 29-26

2003 State Runner Up 14-1 Lost to Morristown West 17-14 in Title Game.

2004 State Champs 15-0 Beat Melrose 7-6

2005 State Champs 15-0 Beat Melrose 23-10

2006 State Champs 15-0 Beat Hillsboro 35-10

2007 State Champs 15-0 Beat Maplewood 28-13

Yeah, your right Maryville is such a joke...

... The TSSAA chooses which Classification you're in Not the School, You Idiot!!!

This is a Brentwood Academy-Prattville thread. Why all the talk about Maryville?

The "13 reasons to hate Maryville" article (link) talks about teams Maryville could "possibly" play with its status. Maybe someone could start a "teams Maryville could possibly play" thread. Talking about hypothetical matchups on this thread is a discredit to a school like BA who actually is going out and cutting its teeth in these real matchups.

WOW!

I've been up in Cincinnati for two-plus years and I don't know anything about Prattville, but their better be ready when they cross the double decker bridge over the Ohio River. St. X is no joke. In fact there are probably at least 3-5 teams in the metro area that can win most of the south's largest (or most competitive either one) classes. Colerain, Anderson, Moeller...heck Newport Catholic just across the river in Kentucky is pretty strong.

Prattville snatched the torch from Hoover and dominated 6A Alabama for 2 years with a record of 31-0. Its bad timing for them to go to Ohio this year just like it was for Hoover last year. Prattville graduated a boat load of players and their head coach moved on to college ball. They will be very young going into this game and X has some advantages:home field, and they will have played a preseason game and a regular season rival game vs Prattville's lone preseason game. But it still won't be a cake walk for X, PHS will give they all they want and their defense is still rated among the best in 6A Alabama.

Any thoughts on this game? Prattville lost alot of Srs and a head coach who is now at U of South Alabama. I think it will still be a great game. I hear Prattville is the toughest place to play in Al.

Playing at Prattville is like playing at LSU. The fans are loud for 4 quarters and they have a 250+ member band. Its a great atmosphere. Their stadium holds maybe over 8,000 and they have turf.

You act like Maryville is such a push-over. Numbers don't lie!

Maryville has a record of 103-wins, 2-losses, 6-State Championships, and 1-State Runner Up over the last seven years. They currently have a 60-game winning streak. Their 2-losses came by a touchdown in regular season & a field goal in the State Championship. They haven't been beaten in regular season since Sept. 14, 2001, haven't lost a game period, since Nov. 29, 2003, and have won the State Titles by two touchdowns or more each of the last three years.

2001 State Champs 14-1 Beat Hillsboro 34-27 Only loss was to Morristown West 31-24.

2002 State Champs 15-0 Beat Hillsboro 29-26

2003 State Runner Up 14-1 Lost to Morristown West 17-14 in Title Game.

2004 State Champs 15-0 Beat Melrose 7-6

2005 State Champs 15-0 Beat Melrose 23-10

2006 State Champs 15-0 Beat Hillsboro 35-10

2007 State Champs 15-0 Beat Maplewood 28-13

Yeah, your right Maryville is such a joke...

... The TSSAA chooses which Classification you're in Not the School, You Idiot!!!

Right. I don't see a Riverdale, Smyrna (the last two years), or any of the Williamson County schools on that list. I do agree - Maryville is as strong as they come in 4A. But you'll always be a brides maid or 2nd fiddle or whatever you want to call them until you step up where you belong and play the real big boys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

An interesting piece of the article that is mentioned above is that 1/4th of the student body lives outside of the Maryville city school zone and pays tuition to attend. Hmmm ... I should hope you would whip up on your 4A brethren with an advantage like that. Just about anyone could be a GQ coaching genius with that type of advantage. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Back to the topic at hand, I believe the BA/Prattville game will be very competitive. I think some will be surprised at the strength of football in the state of TN.

Right. I don't see a Riverdale, Smyrna (the last two years), or any of the Williamson County schools on that list. I do agree - Maryville is as strong as they come in 4A. But you'll always be a brides maid or 2nd fiddle or whatever you want to call them until you step up where you belong and play the real big boys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

An interesting piece of the article that is mentioned above is that 1/4th of the student body lives outside of the Maryville city school zone and pays tuition to attend. Hmmm ... I should hope you would whip up on your 4A brethren with an advantage like that. Just about anyone could be a GQ coaching genius with that type of advantage. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Back to the topic at hand, I believe the BA/Prattville game will be very competitive. I think some will be surprised at the strength of football in the state of TN.

someone give this man a cigar!! I just love how all of the public schools yell that the privates recruit when you presented that very ineresteing fact above.... sounds like recruiting to me. Until Maryville steps up and beats a high qualtiy team, people need to stop spitting out wins and losses numbers..... I mean, Goodpasture goes undefeated every year until they play a quality team on Alcoa, and they get RAPED!!! I believe the same would happen to Maryville. I also find it interesting how Maryville can go undefeated all these and still not be #1 in the state?!?!?!