Meigs County Problems

87Cat

I was told that they never replaced their previous Defensive Coordinator. I think he was promoted to principal and they have been short one coach since then. Player count is at 23 right now.

Come out of your act. What's your real agenda? Quit tossing rumors and innuendos and tell us your beef.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing you don't claim to be a coach because if you kissed one kids tail trying to get him to stay then you better be kissing 40 more tails. If the kid has no more community pride than to transfer to Central then I say GOOD BYE !!!!!

I don't know anything about what's going on at Meigs right now, But I've been watching the Meigs vs. Central rivalry for a long long time. I don't think you can honestly accuse any of the Rayls of not having "community pride". You can't watch a ball game of any kind in Meigs County without hearing the name Rayl called out. Little league or high school. If he does come to Central there will have to be a very good reason for it.

1) Where is he "transferring"? Sweetwater or Central?

2) Why is there so much talk and concern for a QB that went 3-20 in a spring scrimmage against a single A team?

3) I would be extremely surprised if he ended up at Central. Isn't that like selling your soul to the devil, as far as the Meigs faithful are concerned?

I personally know everyone involved with this situation. Others posting on this thread know nothing of the situation other than what you are hearing from an unjustly disgruntled parent. Meigs School System has been good enough to the Rayl family that two members work for the system. One is the assistant principal at the high school who conducts his private business during school hours. A job was held for the other one until she was finished with her school. She was hired this past christmas over more qualifed applicants because of her name. My point being that our school system has been good to the Rayl family and the return we get is a smack in the face.

Rayl obviously thinks he is too good to play with our kids. This is not an assumption, it came from Rayls mouth to my child.

The Rayls made demands to the school system on how they wanted things done, the school didn't meet those demands and now they are leaving. I hope they can live with the critizism that will be coming their way. Every parent may not agree with eveything that goes on but we don't turn our backs on teamates, friends and the community the first chance we get. To tuck tail and run is cowardly. This is something the Meigs community will not get over! We teach our kids to be hardnosed competitors and stay loyal to each other. One of our families didn't get the message. Loyality is not in their vocabulary.

The Rayl kid is a self centered with a me attitude. Any friendships he had with our team will now be over. I think he has already found this to be true.

I ,and others, are of the opinion that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. I also have the opinion that if one goes they all go, and don't come back. To disrespect our student athletes, school system and community in this manner is unaccectable. To the Rayl family " don't let the door hit you in the back"

1) Where is he "transferring"? Sweetwater or Central?

2) Why is there so much talk and concern for a QB that went 3-20 in a spring scrimmage against a single A team?

3) I would be extremely surprised if he ended up at Central. Isn't that like selling your soul to the devil, as far as the Meigs faithful are concerned?

1. Central - already cleaned his locker out and told coaches and ex friends.

2. Good Question and might I say an ugly 3 for 20.

3. Worse!!!! considering the status of family in community.

nobody cares wat anyone but the meigs players coaches and parents have to think. everyone not from meigs needs to leave this to meigs high football team....

he told two of the players that it was all about him and he couldnt get a scholarship with that line... he got at least 5 sec. of pocket time at the scrimmage... he has made up his mind and is transferring..(thank the Lord) meigs is better off without his pre-madonna attitude...

they can replace him with ease... but noone needs a player like that on their team i am tired of his attitude and glad he is leaving meigs...good ridance to that kid..

he aint as great as everyone says he is he is the most overated Q.B. in the region...

everyone talks him up...everyones tired of him and his last name...so everyone needs to forget about the Rayl family unless your central then get to suckin up to the rayls cause the coaches probably will...