Class 2A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far it seems the talk of the thread is Camden, Huntingdon, and Cardinals.

My picks:

1. Camden- Though we lost a great senior class last season, we should be able to return to our same level of play as recent years. I look forward to a bunch of boys steppin up & playin Camden smashmouth football.

2. Huntingdon- THis team can never be counted out. THey always find a way to make a good team out of whatever they have, and I look for the Regional Title bout to be between Camden and Huntingdon. As always this game will be a battle from startin horn to endin whistle.

3. Adamsville/ Stewart Co.- This game will more than likely decide the 3rd place team. It could go either way, but my Pick is Adamsville.

4. Waverly- Only question is can this team be able to rebound from all the injuries?

Don't you know Cardfan we've instituted the "Boyd Brothers Breeding Program" over here in Benton Co. Popping 'em out every 2 or 3 years instead of every year just so we can give others a fighting chance. Never say Coach Ward isn't a fair minded kinda guy. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'm with you...I'm ready to see some Friday Night Lights. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

well i wouldnt put too much worry into this boyd just yet, what grade is he in??

wouldnt you think after the 3rd boyd or so that the football genes would start to get less??...well at least i hope so for the other teams' sake

well i wouldnt put too much worry into this boyd just yet, what grade is he in??

wouldnt you think after the 3rd boyd or so that the football genes would start to get less??...well at least i hope so for the other teams' sake

IF what I was told is true. (Fairly good source) He could be the best of all three. That will be some big shoes to fill.

Anyone else want to post how their teams have looked at their scrimmages this year? The Cardinals have looked good at times and bad. so we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

ok 3rd week of football is here, the teams have warmed up and are ready for some regional action.

2-0 Stewart Co is sitting on top of the region with a big win against gleason and then a close game with Greenfield, two single A schools...SC will get a big test this week in Waverly.

1-0 Camden has opened up with a big win against peabody and will be heading to riverside this week

1-1 Waverly Central has improved after a huge loss at Wayne County with a big win at home against Harpeth. The tigers will get their chance for revenge on the rebels this week as they face stewart county.

0-1 Huntingdon is shockingly tied for 4th right now after a close loss to Milan, but they still have another non-region game this week against dyer county.

0-1 Adamsville opened their season against a tough 3a Mcnairy Central team where they loss 34-14, the cardinals will head to houston co this week to hopefully open up regional play like they should.

0-1 Riverside opened their season with a loss against Lexington and will face Camden this week at home

0-2 Houston Co. opened their season with 2 losses against 2 smaller schools and seem to be in their usual position

I know its really early in the season and these standings are fixing to get swapped up majorly but since a few games are gone, what do ya'l think about how the standings will come out?

ok 3rd week of football is here, the teams have warmed up and are ready for some regional action.

2-0 Stewart Co is sitting on top of the region with a big win against gleason and then a close game with Greenfield, two single A schools...SC will get a big test this week in Waverly.

1-0 Camden has opened up with a big win against peabody and will be heading to riverside this week

1-1 Waverly Central has improved after a huge loss at Wayne County with a big win at home against Harpeth. The tigers will get their chance for revenge on the rebels this week as they face stewart county.

0-1 Huntingdon is shockingly tied for 4th right now after a close loss to Milan, but they still have another non-region game this week against dyer county.

0-1 Adamsville opened their season against a tough 3a Mcnairy Central team where they loss 34-14, the cardinals will head to houston co this week to hopefully open up regional play like they should.

0-1 Riverside opened their season with a loss against Lexington and will face Camden this week at home

0-2 Houston Co. opened their season with 2 losses against 2 smaller schools and seem to be in their usual position

I know its really early in the season and these standings are fixing to get swapped up majorly but since a few games are gone, what do ya'l think about how the standings will come out?

We all know about who is going to be where at the end of the season. Lets hear about some players and stats maybe who possible for all state this year.

well a few from waverly that i saw have been some major players...HB #34 Scott Anderson and on defense i would say Josh May and Thomas Werfel are two of the main Defensive guys...all 3 of these could make all state this year, havent seen any of the other teams yet from our region but i would say that the #6 receiver from harpeth is an awesome player