Class 2A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

You left too early! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> We scored one on offense and had an interception for another score!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I saw the pass just before I left.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - Camden - I really hate putting them here because I grew up hating Camden and still do. But Coach Ward has done an excellent job there and they have a quality team. They will slaughter Bruceton in the jamboree.

2 - Huntingdon - It will probably take Coach Swenson a year to get Huntingdon back to a 2A Championship caliber team. But next year they drop to 1A, so they'll not only beat people, they'll hurt 'em.

3 - Decatur County - Real close last year (4-6 with a 1 point loss to Adamsville and a 7 point loss to Richland). They just need a little something to get them over the hump. Week 1 against Lexington will tell a huge story.

4 - Adamsville - always has 3 or 4 very god players, but for some reason they can't get it together. If Coach Gray can figure out how to make that happen, look out. They could be #2 in this region. (And don't lose to freakin' HALLS!)

5A - Stewart County - had a real good senior class with alot of athletes. Expect them to be down this year. Getting drilled by Hickman County in the 1st round last year (44-0 at end of 3rd qtr) can't have helped their confidence.

5B - Waverly - A sleeping giant. Similar to Adamsville. Injuries really hurt them last year. But I don't see them rising up just yet.

7 - Houston County - I don't know how they can't win. I don't know if they still are running the same offense, but two years ago I saw them play McEwen and HC marched up and down the field but couldn't punch it in. It was sort of a Jap version of the Wing T and Veer put together but it worked between the 20s.

Just my two cents. Feel free to disagree. Good luck to all, stay injury free.

1.Huntingdon always dominant

2 & 3 will be a close call between Aville and camden as camden wont be coming back this year with their star players but they do still have a great coach

4. waverly...lot of experience for the younger guys that have come up after last year...looked really tough at their scrimmage

5. riverside

6 & 7 will be between stewart county and houston county...gettin back to the old days again lol

1.Huntingdon always dominant

2 & 3 will be a close call between Aville and camden as camden wont be coming back this year with their star players but they do still have a great coach

4. waverly...lot of experience for the younger guys that have come up after last year...looked really tough at their scrimmage

5. riverside

6 & 7 will be between stewart county and houston county...gettin back to the old days again lol

I wouldn't count Camden out just yet Redneck...From what I've heard, Boyd-Brother part 3 will be hitting a field near you this season and this one comes with size AND speed. Camden has plenty of returning starters and stars-to-be that have been chomping at the bit to make a name for themselves. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Oh yes...it's still good to be a Lion these days.

I'm ready to see some action. I have been busy with some classes this summer and haven't been able to follow what is going on. I went to Waverly's scrimmage Friday, that is the first I have seen and talked to some people about them. They didn't look bad... But it is to early to tell what is going to happen with any team in the mix. I think Waverly has a very good shot this year placing high in the region. They have the players and the coaches, we'll just have to see.

Another Boyd brother!... Goodness, if he has the speed and size, I want to see him play!

I wouldn't count Camden out just yet Redneck...From what I've heard, Boyd-Brother part 3 will be hitting a field near you this season and this one comes with size AND speed. Camden has plenty of returning starters and stars-to-be that have been chomping at the bit to make a name for themselves. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Oh yes...it's still good to be a Lion these days.

Ok it is time you guys quit bringing up those Boyd kids to play. Seriously from what I hear he could develop to be the most Dangerous. I can't wait to get the season going. Ready for some football.

Ok it is time you guys quit bringing up those Boyd kids to play. Seriously from what I hear he could develop to be the most Dangerous. I can't wait to get the season going. Ready for some football.

Don't you know Cardfan we've instituted the "Boyd Brothers Breeding Program" over here in Benton Co. Popping 'em out every 2 or 3 years instead of every year just so we can give others a fighting chance. Never say Coach Ward isn't a fair minded kinda guy. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'm with you...I'm ready to see some Friday Night Lights. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Don't you know Cardfan we've instituted the "Boyd Brothers Breeding Program" over here in Benton Co. Popping 'em out every 2 or 3 years instead of every year just so we can give others a fighting chance. Never say Coach Ward isn't a fair minded kinda guy. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'm with you...I'm ready to see some Friday Night Lights. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I heard you were even trying to disguise him with a different last name. I hope your pre-season has went without any injuries. I think the Cardinals might surprise some people at timesat how good they could be. That being said they could also fall off of the map. Kids are working hard and have a better attitude than in past years. We want to be mentioned every year with the likes of the stangs and lions. Good luck to you guys this season. See ya in September in the Land of Buford.