DISTRICT 11-AA

1.) Cheatham Co.: a lot of talent returns and you can never bet against Coach Carr

2.) Harpeth: the Indians return their dynamic duo inside in Johnson's third year

3.) Sycamore: both Ellis and Brown are back inside and the Bliss sisters are back outside in Miller's second year

4.) Creek Wood: last year's regional champs a state tourney qualifier are a tough group of ladies

5.) Stewart Co.: the Rebels were much improved last year and I expect that to continue this year.

6.) Waverly Central: the Tigerettes lost a ton to graduation and now Rawlings & Co. have to rebuild

7.) Montgomery Central: the Indians are simply running short on talent in a city that is filled with it.

8.) Fairview: Becky Caldwell is gone and this team has nothing to fall back on with her absence.

THOSE ARE MY OFFICIAL PRESEASON PREDICTIONS!!!!

The Cubs lost Megan Hunter to graduation and lost Dee Bates thanks to DCA stealing her away. They return Sara Doty, Shelby Marvel, Lizzie Walker, Meredith Hunt, Rachel Balthrop, Tashia Biggs, Kelsey Johnson, and a host of others.

The Indians lost virtually nobody and return both Emily Erland & Karly Miller.

The War Eagles return everyone with the exception of Sissy Knight. This means they return Rebecca Brown and both of the Bliss sisters (Sarah & Katie).

I EXPECT THE THREE COUNTY TEAMS TO REALLY BATTLE IT OUT FOR THE TITLE & I EXPECT TWO OF THEM TO PLAY ONE ANOTHER AT LEAST 4 TIMES (DISTRICT & REGION TITLE GAMES).

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish I pretty much agree with ya, though I put Creekwood up a little higher, absolutely good coaching there with enough returners. Harpeth just can't seem to close under this coach. Sycamore has got to prove they can stay solid through the tough district stretch, they always seem to falter there. I'd put Creekwood 2, Harpeth 3, Sycamore 4. Time will tell. I'd move Waverly to last in a tie with Fairview, it is going to be a long couple or three years for both clubs. Put MC ahead of both and the Lady Rebels will be one to contend with. Fill me in on the district realignment -- is Sycamore moving to the other region after this year ? If so, I bet the Pleasant View bunch will be gunning to get to the elusive state that the Bolivar and Libertys have kept a curse on them for so long on the boys side. On your boys rundown, I agree for the most part also.

I heard Dee Bates left, so I dont think Harpeth is letting this district get away from them.

She is at DCA and I wish her the best. At the same time I know that DCA got her away from Cheatham in a way that just can't be justified but that's another argument for another day. She's a great player and going to have a lot of success in the future. Basketball is without question her "ticket" and can bring a lot of good to her in the future if she continues to work hard.

1. Cheatham

2. Harpeth

3. Creekwood

4. sycamore

5. Mont. Central

6. Waverly

7. Stewart Co.

8. Fairview

Those are my predictions. However, I wouldn't be suprised to see Creekwood at the top by the end of the year and Waverly and Mont. Central could play a big role in the predictions because both teams have the ability to upset some of the top teams.

She is at DCA and I wish her the best. At the same time I know that DCA got her away from Cheatham in a way that just can't be justified but that's another argument for another day. She's a great player and going to have a lot of success in the future. Basketball is without question her "ticket" and can bring a lot of good to her in the future if she continues to work hard.

Well Cat, dis is another day and fire away the latest rumors.

OK Fish, let's hear how DCA stole this kid in an unjustifiable way...you opened it and are making accusations that you can hopefully backup with fact, not rumor!

• 4 months later...

Fish I pretty much agree with ya, though I put Creekwood up a little higher, absolutely good coaching there with enough returners. Harpeth just can't seem to close under this coach. Sycamore has got to prove they can stay solid through the tough district stretch, they always seem to falter there. I'd put Creekwood 2, Harpeth 3, Sycamore 4. Time will tell. I'd move Waverly to last in a tie with Fairview, it is going to be a long couple or three years for both clubs. Put MC ahead of both and the Lady Rebels will be one to contend with. Fill me in on the district realignment -- is Sycamore moving to the other region after this year ? If so, I bet the Pleasant View bunch will be gunning to get to the elusive state that the Bolivar and Libertys have kept a curse on them for so long on the boys side. On your boys rundown, I agree for the most part also.

What is going on with the Waverly girls?Heard a bunch have quit or got cut?Why do girls not want to play bball in Waverly anymore?Great tradition and coaching there.Come on girls,step up and make Waverly proud .

What is going on with the Waverly girls?Heard a bunch have quit or got cut?Why do girls not want to play bball in Waverly anymore?Great tradition and coaching there.Come on girls,step up and make Waverly proud .

i think a lot of the reason is the coach...dont take it to heart but thats just my opinion, thats all iv heard the past few years anyways. but maybe with a few wins this season they will be able to find something to get them back on the right track because its been a little while since we'v seen a really good team come through wavo central's tigerettes team, last season was probably one of the best in a while. and i know its not the talent because there have been a lot of talent to come through in the past few years but still the season never showed it... have any changes been thought about??

i think a lot of the reason is the coach...dont take it to heart but thats just my opinion, thats all iv heard the past few years anyways. but maybe with a few wins this season they will be able to find something to get them back on the right track because its been a little while since we'v seen a really good team come through wavo central's tigerettes team, last season was probably one of the best in a while. and i know its not the talent because there have been a lot of talent to come through in the past few years but still the season never showed it... have any changes been thought about??

The problem has been obvious for years. So frustrating....

• 2 weeks later...