Haywood Basketball Coach?

haycatsball

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that about a month and a half ago Coach V left. I know the job's been open since and havent heard anything about who the new coach may be. Lost a couple good players of course. Whats comming back talent wise?

What always comes back at Haywood County?...It's the same every year...BIG, FAST AND ATHLETIC....Just like Football....I swear I believe they have an assembly line when it comes to putting out athletes for Football and Basketball in Haywood County....I swear if James Counce had half that talent in football.... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> and whoever coached the roundball and half that talent...Haywood County is a GOLDMINE for talent..

Coach V is the coach at West Point High School. They have had great football teams over the years.

Best of luck to him. May be hard for him going from a "Basketball" school to a predominantly "Football" school. Understandable though that he wants to be near his son.

I heard former coach of Gibson Co. went for an interview today at Haywood! Despite not having the talent at GC that he'd have at Haywood, he's a heck of a coach and definately knows the game. His deal at GC was the fact administration didn't let him do his thing without being harrassed. I hope he get's the job and stays local so we can make our way to Brownsville often to watch!

I heard former coach of Gibson Co. went for an interview today at Haywood! Despite not having the talent at GC that he'd have at Haywood, he's a heck of a coach and definately knows the game. His deal at GC was the fact administration didn't let him do his thing without being harrassed. I hope he get's the job and stays local so we can make our way to Brownsville often to watch!

Dont know him. I never heard of Gibson Co. boys being any good. You say hes a good coach so what makes you say that? I remember the girls are always pretty good. I hear theyve interviewd a couple of people but nobody knows any names or what schools these other guys are from. I dont see whats taking so long anyway. Its been like a month already.

Gibson Co. hasn't ever really been too hot in boys basketball no matter the coach who was there. However, Coach Harshaw did take Gibson Co. to the Region tournaments (which hadn't happened in about 10 years) and also he took them to their first winning season in years in only his second year at GC! Coach Harshaw does know his stuff. I think that if he get's the talent such as a team with Haywood they'll still continue to be a dangerous team year in and year out!