Class 3A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

The team to beat this season just like many past seasons are the Dyersburg Trojans. The trojans have been through a ew offense and counce hired a new conditioning coach which from what ive heard has transformed this team. Its a new season under the counce era and i cant wait to see how well caldwell has evolved into a player. I have a feeling that every team they play is going to have their hands full. After this season i believe the dc bandwagon will start to die off. this team was only successful because all they had was one decent player BA Davis. Miller have fun trying to escape the shadow of davis and lucas have fun eating dirt this season. maybe dye will wise up next year and transfer to dyersburg. believe me kid nobody is going to go to watch a program who will be back to barley winning games for a pretty good while. Dont let your talent go to watse.

dye is where he needs to be in the spread offense at dc.......dburgs freshmen qb (hayden alford) has a lot of potential and will fit very well into the "counce" program....

dburg will field a VERY YOUNG and inexperienced offense...along with an entire new system...... one thing that will be for sure is that counces troops will be well prepared, coached and conditioned....

a young offense and an entire new "system" will take some time to mature......this new system is not about X's and O's and it will take several years to bear fruit....

on paper, crockett and dc should have the better offenses in the region.......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i do mean caldwell's little brother. this kid is bigger and faster than his brother. just in case anyone has forgotten dburg has learned a new offense every season for the past three or four years. dburg always has better offensive lineman than any other school in this region. the trojans practice what they preach and that is fundamentals. who really cares about which teams look good on paper. i said dye should go to dburg because his talents wont go unnoticed there. if he were to stay at dc he'll just get hurt in the long run. dye shouldnt have to be drug down with a program who has only had and will have one good season under a coach who has been there five or six years.

The team to beat this season just like many past seasons are the Dyersburg Trojans. The trojans have been through a ew offense and counce hired a new conditioning coach which from what ive heard has transformed this team. Its a new season under the counce era and i cant wait to see how well caldwell has evolved into a player. I have a feeling that every team they play is going to have their hands full. After this season i believe the dc bandwagon will start to die off. this team was only successful because all they had was one decent player BA Davis. Miller have fun trying to escape the shadow of davis and lucas have fun eating dirt this season. maybe dye will wise up next year and transfer to dyersburg. believe me kid nobody is going to go to watch a program who will be back to barley winning games for a pretty good while. Dont let your talent go to watse.

I don't know what Planet you're from, but I hope you keep on thinking that way.

NO WAY TREVOR CALDWELL IS FASTER THAN HIS BROTHER TYLER... Hear he is A STRONGER RUNNER....and has a HUGE HEART...But as far as speed and moves...He is NO TYLER...IT AIN"T HAPPENING...Now Xavier Taylor...That's a WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY....

As far as DC...They RETURN THE ENTIRE O-LINE....Minus Justin Scott.....So Lucas/Dye won't be eating too much dirt..

Jeff Miller IS A BEAST...If Renshaw can keep him under control...He could have a "Mr. Football" Type year..remember he made 2nd team Jackson Sun last year....And HE IS MEANER AND FASTER THAN BA...Criag Whitt, Seth Appleton, there alot of 3 year players on that team...

But A James Counce team can NEVER BE COUNTED OUT...You drive by on the way to work ...You can see that bunch out there between 6 and 6 :30 in the morning....That NEW STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING PROGRAM is something to see....One lady I work with...Her son has put on 30 POUNDS OF NOTHING BUT MUSCLE...It is all UPPER BODY...and in this THIGHS....Other kids are BEEFING UP....You can bet you last last dollar...Nobody will be as disciplined, as fundamentally sound and as IN SHAPE when the fourth quarter rolls around...but DYERSBURG LOSES valuable experience...Tyler Caldwell, Rashad Taylor, Beau, Those kids were 3 year starters...Trey Vernon, The Hudson kid, John Butler, LOTS of experience graduating...I wonder how the "transfer" from Lake County is making out....Hear one day he is eligible...Then hear he WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE...Kid has a legitimate excuse to transfer...and yet it seems HALF the Dyerburg basketball team ended up at DC....

Look for Crockett County and PA Pratt to make a run..They were coming on at the end of the year and the backfield was ALL JUNIORS....That TB ( Allen?) was really good...

Haywood will be HAYWOOD..."They have an assembly line over there"...Big, strong and fast.

Look for Covington to be back in it...They were young as well...

Dyer County won't SNEAK up on anybody this year....The question remains ..."WILL THEY BE HUNGRY"?...Dyerburg will be young...but guarantee you this...by October 24....Counce will have that bunch ready....I for one "Can't wait"...

new coaching, new transfer students that will fill the running back and quaterback positions this season, and a new offense. trevor caldwell is everything as fast and strong as his brother maybe even better from what ive been told. for all the choctaw fans i just wanna say hope you loved last season because its now a thing of the past. last years team graduated all of its talent. this years team is going to be just like it was when the andre flowers era was going on. its going to be nothing more than all about number one (themselves). dc has never had well conditioned athletes so i hate to be them when they play dburg. as for jeff miller having a great season for his senior year all i have to say is that his coaches keep this kid calmed down and out of trouble for once. just think after this season dc moves up a class while dburg will move down due to all the transfer to the dc basketball bandwagon. but i do believe that after dc doesnt win at the boro once again everyone will transfer back.

This region is not gonna be as big of a terror this year. Many of the teams are rebuilding this year and the standings could be a toss up. Its gonna come down to off season workouts, conditioning, and preparation.

Haywood lost a slew of talent graduating 16 Seniors who ALL played. This team was special, but just didnt catch a break in the quarterfinal game. With a quarterback goin to play at Rhodes, a center goin to Bethel, and 6 others goin to Junior Colleges the Tomcats will have a lot of shoes to fill. Haywood always has big, fast, and strong kids but will they have someone who can run the system and manage the game. If they can come together this team may be dangerous.

Crockett county has the best backfield returning. Although this is a plus they lost their whole O and D line. It doesnt matter how good your backfield is, if u cant block for them u wont win games.

Dyer county proved alot of people wrong last year but iwhen it came down to the line they couldnt overcome the tomcats in the second round. Maybe a one year wonder?? who knows they will have a lot to prove defending that region crown.

Dyersburg had a very talented team last year. maybe too talented as its hard to make three superstars who all want the ball happy. with the loss of taylor, caldwell, and parker can the trojans find "the guy" to carry the team on his shoulders and put the trojans back on top.

Ripley has been a subpar team when it comes to the regoin schedule.maybe they can open some eyes this year.

Covington has a lot to prove not only to the region but to the town. last year was a dissappointment for the chargers and they will be hungry but will there offense be a backyard football game like last year?

Obion county really is just in a bad spot. A team full of guys with a lot of heart but just cant compete with the powerhouses of haywood, dyersburg, dc, and crockett. hopefully they can post a couple of upsets this year and start turning things around.

Good luck to all the teams..its gonna be fun!!

This region is not gonna be as big of a terror this year. Many of the teams are rebuilding this year and the standings could be a toss up. Its gonna come down to off season workouts, conditioning, and preparation.

Haywood lost a slew of talent graduating 16 Seniors who ALL played. This team was special, but just didnt catch a break in the quarterfinal game. With a quarterback goin to play at Rhodes, a center goin to Bethel, and 6 others goin to Junior Colleges the Tomcats will have a lot of shoes to fill. Haywood always has big, fast, and strong kids but will they have someone who can run the system and manage the game. If they can come together this team may be dangerous.

Crockett county has the best backfield returning. Although this is a plus they lost their whole O and D line. It doesnt matter how good your backfield is, if u cant block for them u wont win games.

Dyer county proved alot of people wrong last year but iwhen it came down to the line they couldnt overcome the tomcats in the second round. Maybe a one year wonder?? who knows they will have a lot to prove defending that region crown.

Dyersburg had a very talented team last year. maybe too talented as its hard to make three superstars who all want the ball happy. with the loss of taylor, caldwell, and parker can the trojans find "the guy" to carry the team on his shoulders and put the trojans back on top.

Ripley has been a subpar team when it comes to the regoin schedule.maybe they can open some eyes this year.

Covington has a lot to prove not only to the region but to the town. last year was a dissappointment for the chargers and they will be hungry but will there offense be a backyard football game like last year?

Obion county really is just in a bad spot. A team full of guys with a lot of heart but just cant compete with the powerhouses of haywood, dyersburg, dc, and crockett. hopefully they can post a couple of upsets this year and start turning things around.

Good luck to all the teams..its gonna be fun!!

Covington running a back yard offense? What football are you watching? No disrespect, but you seem to be ignorant of the game of football. We scrimmaged Covington in the Spring, and they are far from a back yard football team. They are a team that was sound on both sides of the ball. They were running power, zone, boot, and 3 step drop game, and running it WELL! What in the world makes that back yard ball. That sounds, and looks like fundamental football to me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As far as everyone saying that Dyersburg has no talented football players you are wrong. Counce has several players playing at the next level. But I do agree that he does not have the type of athletes as say Haywood and Covington put out. Now that would just be plain scary

JT Beasley was the FIRST Division One signee since Jimmy "The Tasmanian Devil" went to UT way back in the Spring of 1976....THAT IS 30 YEARS BETWEEN DIV. 1 SIGNEES!....Cody Tettleton was the second one?...WHO ELSE?...Sure you might have a kid playing at Lambuth or UT- Martin..maybe Bethel?...WHERE ELSE?.....Dyersburg is NEVER BEEN A HOTBED FOR COLLEGE PROSPECTS.....NEVER...Not saying that some REALLY TALENTED kids haven't came through and QUIT OR GOT KICKED OFF THE TEAM after their freshman year....But in NO WAY, SHAPE FORM OR FASHION does Dyersburg have Athletes like Haywood County or even Covington....Ripley is usually loaded with Athletes...IF Counce has that KIND OF TALENT....State Championships galore....

As far as the other poster saying Tyler Caldwell's brother being AS FAST AS HIM...Ask ANY PLAYER...They will tell you...HE RUNS HARDER...HAS A BIG HEART AND IS TOUGH...BUT HE ISN"T AS FAST AS TYLER....Like I keep saying...Xavier Taylor is a different story....Talked to too many kids who said as the "scout team" Tb last year...they never faced a back who was FASTER....Glad to see that "X' has gotten his head on straight and is back out with the team....Look for him to be the "sleeper" this year if he doesn't get injured...

Covington running a back yard offense? What football are you watching? No disrespect, but you seem to be ignorant of the game of football. We scrimmaged Covington in the Spring, and they are far from a back yard football team. They are a team that was sound on both sides of the ball. They were running power, zone, boot, and 3 step drop game, and running it WELL! What in the world makes that back yard ball. That sounds, and looks like fundamental football to me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Covington did not have a sound offense last season! Maybe this spring they worked all the kinks out but for a program expecting at least 7 wins a year and making the playoffs like we have all seen in the past and they only won TWO games one against a subpar crockett team in a mudbowl the other to Obion county id say something was not working on the offensive end!! I will say yes their coach came in late and maybe the system was completely different from the smashmouth/misdirection of the I/wing t they are use to but the games i saw were much like a "draw em in the dirt playbook". Hopefullly the are improving as redzone says. We shall see. . .

JT Beasley was the FIRST Division One signee since Jimmy "The Tasmanian Devil" went to UT way back in the Spring of 1976....THAT IS 30 YEARS BETWEEN DIV. 1 SIGNEES!....Cody Tettleton was the second one?...WHO ELSE?...Sure you might have a kid playing at Lambuth or UT- Martin..maybe Bethel?...WHERE ELSE?.....Dyersburg is NEVER BEEN A HOTBED FOR COLLEGE PROSPECTS.....NEVER...Not saying that some REALLY TALENTED kids haven't came through and QUIT OR GOT KICKED OFF THE TEAM after their freshman year....But in NO WAY, SHAPE FORM OR FASHION does Dyersburg have Athletes like Haywood County or even Covington....Ripley is usually loaded with Athletes...IF Counce has that KIND OF TALENT....State Championships galore....

Stevie I am not talking about D1 signees galore with SEC schools or anything. We all know that Dyersburg is not a hotbed for D1 athletes. I seemed like some were saying that Dyersburg does not have any talent. They may not have as many D1 signees but that school does have some good athletes but not compared to Haywood or Covington. No matter how good the coach the players still have to make plays.

Jamison McGuire- UT(D1)

J.T. Beasley- Mizzou(D1)

Cody Tetleton-APSU(D1-AA)

Nick Newsome- APSU(D1-AA)

Dustin Fowler- TN Tech(D1-AA)

Stuart Taylor- MTSU(D1)

Orentheus Taylor- UT Martin, TSU(D1-AA)

Robert Harris-Bethel(NAIA)

Shane Normidian- UT Martin(D1-AA), Bethel(NAIA)

Rashad Taylor- Lambuth(NAIA)

Beau Lilenquist-Lambuth(NAIA)

Bobby Matthews-MTSU(for 3 seasons)D1

Justin Moore-UT Martin(2 seasons I believe) D1-AA

Trey Vernon and John Butler- Evangel(NAIA)

Just a few I could think of off the top of my head from the past 4 years and unfortunatley there were several more that should be on the list but did not have grades. Like you said not a D1 hotbed but there is talent.