South Rebels--Starter Predictions-Anyone?

Rebelred, you are very insightful in this regard. Evidence is showing that Stacy learned a thing or two from GQ and it may be just what the DR. ordered. I've talked to the Seniors and they believe. I talked a bit to Clint and if he is an indication of the leadership of the Juniors then they believe also. The shoe-in for the Soph. leadership would be Jordan and I don't doubt that he believes as well. That said, I feel we are primed and ready for Rebel Camp. One week of character building and it will be time to build the store front. I hear the line is formed and waiting for concrete. D should be a Mother Lode. It's on...Jeff County here we come. '08 is here! Rebel Nation.

Comp,speaking of leadership as of right now I hear there is way to much goofing off going on...oh well maybe that will change when they strap on the pads...I hope!! It starts today with Rebel Camp !!!! BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THE COACHES AND PLAYERS MAY GOD BLESS AND WATCH OVER ALL OF YOU THIS FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!GO REBELS!!!!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to change the subject but I noticed that Hunter Beedle (6’3, 270 OG) is listed 29th out of the top 40 prospects in the state of TN. He and Sullivan Central’s LB Matthew Crowder 37th are the only ones listed from this region in any division. That’s an honor!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The article says that Hunter listed the schools that are recruiting him as being: Auburn, Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Virginia. That’s a strong list!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Not to change the subject but I noticed that Hunter Beedle (6’3, 270 OG) is listed 29th out of the top 40 prospects in the state of TN. He and Sullivan Central’s LB Matthew Crowder 37th are the only ones listed from this region in any division. That’s an honor!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The article says that Hunter listed the schools that are recruiting him as being: Auburn, Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Virginia. That’s a strong list!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Last I heard Beedle was very interested in Western Kentucky. I expect Crowder to play Ivy League just like his brother. Either way, they both have something to be very proud of.

Comp,speaking of leadership as of right now I hear there is way to much goofing off going on...oh well maybe that will change when they strap on the pads...I hope!! It starts today with Rebel Camp !!!! BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THE COACHES AND PLAYERS MAY GOD BLESS AND WATCH OVER ALL OF YOU THIS FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!GO REBELS!!!!

IMO--regarding the "goofing off". These boys have been making the commitment to show up, lift weights, and run four days a week since school was out, with the exception of dead-week. They may be getting a little bored with the routine, and "goofing off" is probably a natural reaction/response. Today/Tonight---is Rebel Camp to bring in the sophomores, bond, hug, and have fun------------Monday, it starts and you can look for people to be getting their heads on straight and getting serious about another MLC Championship run.

Go Rebs, Good luck.

It takes much work to get on the radar. Credit Hunters Father for knowing where to be and when to be there. Credit Hunter for doing exactly as his Father instructed. His Father was a college athlete and knows the drill. Hunter will make major waves this season. Many athletes fly under the radar and go unnoticed even some who are very much high level college athlete material. It's a cutthroat game this recruiting process and anyone new to the process pretty much gets it all straight by the time it's too late. So kudos to anyone in NET that can get on the fast track to a major college scholarship because it is a ruthless adventure. But then I am not telling you anything. I know you are one of the "experts" Cap. It's alot of work getting them on the marquee. Hope yours has a good year also. If I'm not mistaken it's his last so good luck.

It takes much work to get on the radar. Credit Hunters Father for knowing where to be and when to be there. Credit Hunter for doing exactly as his Father instructed. His Father was a college athlete and knows the drill. Hunter will make major waves this season. Many athletes fly under the radar and go unnoticed even some who are very much high level college athlete material. It's a cutthroat game this recruiting process and anyone new to the process pretty much gets it all straight by the time it's too late. So kudos to anyone in NET that can get on the fast track to a major college scholarship because it is a ruthless adventure. But then I am not telling you anything. I know you are one of the "experts" Cap. It's alot of work getting them on the marquee. Hope yours has a good year also. If I'm not mistaken it's his last so good luck.

Kudos to Beedle both father and son! Hunter is a great kid and this rebel mom is wishing him another great season. Other than Hunter, who else will be playing on the O/D line this year? Everyone knows that it all starts on the line but I haven't heard anything about it, lets hear it....

Go Rebels!!

same here!! but last year the same questions were asked, "Where's the leadership?" This question was asked in the off-season all the way to the 3rd or 4th game. There are different ways leadership can be displayed. A lot of people think that ripping into someone because they make a mistake or even at the simple fact that they are a big bad senior who dominates the world with an iron fist is great leadership and they encourage that. The truth is in my opinion that is the worst possible way to display leadership. Thats not even leadership, thats intimidation. What makes a team a "team" is bonding and jokes and laughter and so on. Even when times are tough. The most successful teams lead by example and not by being #### h073. Last years team was the most layed back group of boys in the county or even the region. They knew what they needed to do. They went to practice ever day, focused on fridays, and came out ready to win. They didn't hoot and holler, they didn't try to intimidate the other team before the game. They knew what had to be done on that field and they did their jobs. Heck anybody can cheerlead but only few men play the game of football. Sam Haynie taught me that. God bless Sullivan South's coaching staff, the team and their dedicated fans.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

same here!! but last year the same questions were asked, "Where's the leadership?" This question was asked in the off-season all the way to the 3rd or 4th game. There are different ways leadership can be displayed. A lot of people think that ripping into someone because they make a mistake or even at the simple fact that they are a big bad senior who dominates the world with an iron fist is great leadership and they encourage that. The truth is in my opinion that is the worst possible way to display leadership. Thats not even leadership, thats intimidation. What makes a team a "team" is bonding and jokes and laughter and so on. Even when times are tough. The most successful teams lead by example and not by being #### h073. Last years team was the most layed back group of boys in the county or even the region. They knew what they needed to do. They went to practice ever day, focused on fridays, and came out ready to win. They didn't hoot and holler, they didn't try to intimidate the other team before the game. They knew what had to be done on that field and they did their jobs. Heck anybody can cheerlead but only few men play the game of football. Sam Haynie taught me that. God bless Sullivan South's coaching staff, the team and their dedicated fans.

Good Post! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That was my point exactly!! Hats off to Hunter AND his Dad. By the way, thanks for the kudos Comp and same to you and yours. But we both know that as the preseason progress and the excitement mounts ... neither you nor I will be be able to keep our cards THAT close to our chests. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />