South Rebels--Starter Predictions-Anyone?

OK…In other news… /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

South looked as expected in my book. It’s sad to say but East looked like they wanted to quit after the first series. Carter and Stubbs obviously take a different approach to the jamboree. Carter’s is without a doubt more of a crowd pleaser, but Stubbs has bigger fish to fry next week. After seeing the rest of the MLK I don’t see ANY team challenging South or THS for the top two spots. To be honest I didn’t see any team that will even be in the game with these two at halftime. For South, Fletcher was impressive, running with even more confidence than last year. Davenport is no….ok I won’t say it, but that is by ANY stretch of the imagination. But he is good…the best I saw last night anyway. Defense also looked good but ALL your key players are carrying heavy loads...not good.

The way I see it:

THS (only because I know the rest of the story, and I don't think South was pulling any punches)

South

Elizabethton

Johnson County

Central

East

Unicoi

North

Okay there Paul Harvey, tell us the "rest of the story"! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" And this time, read from the correct book, because the book we've been reading doesn't end on a good note for your Vikes! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And, I like the way Stacy runs his jamborees. Puts it out there for everyone to see and says, "here it is, come get you some!". Your order of finish is spot on except you need to flip the top two. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played baseball for coach hoover for the past 3 years. He was a great coach all 3 years. Yes he as a temper, but it never really came out that much, only when one of us was pitching extremely terrible or we were having a bad attitude. Maybe he is different in football, i dont know. One thing i do know, is that he is a good person, and I doubt many of you on here know him well enough to talk bad about him, all you know is how you see him coach, maybe its that he doesn't play your son enough, or you dont like coaches that yell sometimes. If thats the case get over it because he doesn't play that politic stuff, the best kids play, and coaches are gonna yell, your kids just need to stink it up and move on and do better. I would say that one reason he stays away from parents is because you all bicker and argue and yell at him for not doing this or doing that in a football game. If you want to coach get out of the bleachers and do it. Anyway, coach hoover is a great coach, everybody on our team last year loved him, maybe the parents didnt but he doesn't coach the parents. So before you all get on here and fuss about him, get to know him, he is actually a good person.

Nice job...redforlife! It is nice to hear a participants' voice on here for a change! I agree completely .... if you ain't coaching... keep your pie hole shut! Ha! Just kidding! But really... the kids are the ones who really matter.... parents need to step back and take a deep breath and let them do what they are hired to do! Coaches are usually unbiased PAID individuals who are seeking what is best for the team... parents CAN NOT be objective! We all love our kids too much I guess..... Once again.... let the coaches coach and the parents cheer!!!! If only it could be that simple!?

I played baseball for coach hoover for the past 3 years. He was a great coach all 3 years. Yes he as a temper, but it never really came out that much, only when one of us was pitching extremely terrible or we were having a bad attitude. Maybe he is different in football, i dont know. One thing i do know, is that he is a good person, and I doubt many of you on here know him well enough to talk bad about him, all you know is how you see him coach, maybe its that he doesn't play your son enough, or you dont like coaches that yell sometimes. If thats the case get over it because he doesn't play that politic stuff, the best kids play, and coaches are gonna yell, your kids just need to stink it up and move on and do better. I would say that one reason he stays away from parents is because you all bicker and argue and yell at him for not doing this or doing that in a football game. If you want to coach get out of the bleachers and do it. Anyway, coach hoover is a great coach, everybody on our team last year loved him, maybe the parents didnt but he doesn't coach the parents. So before you all get on here and fuss about him, get to know him, he is actually a good person.

Red, if you're who I think you are, that's the most intelligent thing I've ever heard you say. And I actually agree with you for once.

If not, it's still a good(and true) post. lol

p.s.

Waco, it's Sofa, not soffa.

And I'm saying they wouldn't let them transfer to CHMS because Sullivan only has like 26% capacity, so it would be pointless to cram more into an almost full school when it isn't required.

Okay there Paul Harvey, tell us the "rest of the story"! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" And this time, read from the correct book, because the book we've been reading doesn't end on a good note for your Vikes! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And, I like the way Stacy runs his jamborees. Puts it out there for everyone to see and says, "here it is, come get you some!". Your order of finish is spot on except you need to flip the top two. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Up watching the Olympics and have not had a chance to review all the South - CHMS stuff to comment on. So I will make a brief reply to your post - the only one really dealing with actual football in the last several pages.

How is the Viking QB situation shaping up? Will Canty play 80% of the snaps or will it be more of a two platoon system? I was not there but I am sure Sheppard was not risked. According to a football preview I saw today, THS will ditch the Wing T and go with an I formation. If so, D-B may very well lose their opener.

Up watching the Olympics and have not had a chance to review all the South - CHMS stuff to comment on. So I will make a brief reply to your post - the only one really dealing with actual football in the last several pages.

How is the Viking QB situation shaping up? Will Canty play 80% of the snaps or will it be more of a two platoon system? I was not there but I am sure Sheppard was not risked. According to a football preview I saw today, THS will ditch the Wing T and go with an I formation. If so, D-B may very well lose their opener.

Coach Stubbs commented in a tricitiessports.com article that Mason Canty has the starting qb position, but Taylor Harom will get some snaps in the DB game.

All the talk is about these 2. But the Soph. quarterback is the best, (HANDS DOWN NO COMPARISON).

Interesting. It is one week from the biggest retribution game in the last ten years of Viking football.

I assume the QB 3 deep is settled. If not, too sophisticated a game plan will crumble under the Watson blitz package.

After talking to some folks who were at the Jamboree, it appears either THS will be fourth in the MLC or they were major sandbagging. I really think they have a good chance to beat D-B if they will run right at them and play good defense.

Interesting. It is one week from the biggest retribution game in the last ten years of Viking football.

I assume the QB 3 deep is settled. If not, too sophisticated a game plan will crumble under the Watson blitz package.

After talking to some folks who were at the Jamboree, it appears either THS will be fourth in the MLC or they were major sandbagging. I really think they have a good chance to beat D-B if they will run right at them and play good defense.

Sandbagging aside, they still looked better than every team except for South.

South is still the class of the Mtn. Lakes. East (in the jamboree) did not look as good as I expected, but maybe South will just be alot better than most are thinking. I look for the Rebs to take the Hill by at least two touchdowns, and they WILL remain the dominant force in the conference.

LETS PUT SOMETHING INTO PERSPECTIVE.DB'S TEAM LAST YEAR WAS PRETTY BORING TO WATCH.NO OFFENSE IN THE FIRST FEW GAMES TO SPEAK OF. YET, WE LOST TO BEARDEN WHO WAS EASILY THE 2ND BEST TEAM IN THE STATE.BEARDED LOST IN THE PLAYOFFS BY LESS THAN A TOUCHDOWN TO THE STATE CHAMPION SMYRNA. WE LOST TO BEARDEN ON A BOTCHED EXTRA POINT WHICH TURNED INTO A 2 POINT CONVERSION AND A VICTORY. SO, FROM WHERE I SIT THE ADDITION OF BETTER PLAYERS AND MORE SPEED AS WELL AS SENSABAUGH FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR HAS ME EXPECTING TO GO A LONG WAY THIS YEAR.MAYBE ALL THE WAY. SO, TO SAY DB MIGHT LOSE TO THE VIKINGS IS REDICULOUS.