Best DB in Blount Co.

Tom142

Nope overall would be Jordan or Thompson because they do more. Cole Lail plays LB. Jordan is a DB, WR, KR and Thompson plays DB, WR, P and PK in some games. To be the best overall you have to do more than one thing. Thats not saying that player will sign at the highest division or go to a bunch of all-star games but its speaking on the versatility of that players and the players that probably embodies those qualities the most right now is Jordan with Thompson in second. When a player is able to be that effective on offense, defense and special teams they are such an asset to their team and headaches to opposing coaches because they are very good and NEVER come off the field. Jordan is a headache to other teams because you cant dodge him. Hes always on the field.

I am not stating that Cole is the overall best football player, I do not know if you can even make that kind of claim for any one person. But, in his defense and johnandjimmy's defense, he does line at fb/tb in many situations.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Jordan has one incredible advantage over Thompson and Cope........that awesome coaching he received as a seven and eight year old........... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It was really his 9 and 10-year-old coach that set him apart from the rest of the pack.

i think we are all forgetting 2 very important people.

i would talk about thompson, or jordan, or even cope but yall have those covered.

what about clayton shell and michael cermack from heritage.

shell had to picks for touchdowns last year, and has amazing speed.

cermack plays outside linebacker in there 3-5 scheme

but tends to drop back at safty and move out to corner.

my suprise db for the 09 season.

is a kid named andy eldridge from heritage

Clayton Shell...another great Rebel youth ball product. (He had great coaching 7-10-years-old.) /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I am not stating that Cole is the overall best football player, I do not know if you can even make that kind of claim for any one person. But, in his defense and johnandjimmy's defense, he does line at fb/tb in many situations.

bf you are correct I don't see how anyone can be "the best overall football player" because the game requires such different things from different positions, on another note I have decided to go ahead and move into the city now so my 3 year old can benefit from all the great coaching when he turns 7 until he graduates high school.

Clayton Shell...another great Rebel youth ball product. (He had great coaching 7-10-years-old.) /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

All you and MLREB are doing is confirming your age. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sam Thompson and Don Cope may be a little bit better on defense than Chris Jordan but Jordan is a better receiver than any of those guys.

Lets be honest about this. Ive seen all three play and ill rank them cope, thompson and jordan... I'd take all three, but cope had over 950 recieveing yards this past year in 12 games. Jordan was the one everyone would lose focuse on because let me think shiver the clendenen boy and of course mr. douglas were getting all the attention. We'll see what jordan has when he is the go to guy. Thompson is an athletic safety with great instincts but he is still facing 2a competition.

Lets be honest about this. Ive seen all three play and ill rank them cope, thompson and jordan... I'd take all three, but cope had over 950 recieveing yards this past year in 12 games. Jordan was the one everyone would lose focuse on because let me think shiver the clendenen boy and of course mr. douglas were getting all the attention. We'll see what jordan has when he is the go to guy. Thompson is an athletic safety with great instincts but he is still facing 2a competition.

Thompson cant help the competion that he plays against but i would be willing to bet that some of the teams hes played against over the last 3 years would beat some 4A and 5A teams. Be honest McMinn Co, Heritage,South-Doyle, Lenoir City arent exactly powerhouses. As a matter of fact, I believe 4A Lenior city was blown out by 2A Loudon of Alcoas region. A team thompson caught 3tds on. Does it help that he played lights out the other day in scrimmages against Morristown West and South-Doyle. Yes, its a scrimmage but its still against your so called better competition. Ill be the first to tell you that Jordan and Cope are more athletic but there has been none more productive than what thompson has done. He has been a starter on championship teams since his soph year, technically his freshman year, because he started the final two games (tyner and goodpasture) at WR for Alcoa. If you can play, you can play no matter what.

to me it seems as Thompson and Jordan might have been a little more productive they helped there respective teams to play 15 games each /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ill be the first to tell you that Jordan and Cope are more athletic but there has been none more productive than what thompson has done.

Beg to differ regarding who's more athletic. Have you ever seen Thompson play basketball, wrestle (probably his best sport which he gave up for basketball) or play soccer? IMHO, Thompson may be the MOST athletic.......(and I'm a Rebel and president of the Chris Jordan fan club.)

Thompson cant help the competion that he plays against but i would be willing to bet that some of the teams hes played against over the last 3 years would beat some 4A and 5A teams. Be honest McMinn Co, Heritage,South-Doyle, Lenoir City arent exactly powerhouses. As a matter of fact, I believe 4A Lenior city was blown out by 2A Loudon of Alcoas region. A team thompson caught 3tds on. Does it help that he played lights out the other day in scrimmages against Morristown West and South-Doyle. Yes, its a scrimmage but its still against your so called better competition. Ill be the first to tell you that Jordan and Cope are more athletic but there has been none more productive than what thompson has done. He has been a starter on championship teams since his soph year, technically his freshman year, because he started the final two games (tyner and goodpasture) at WR for Alcoa. If you can play, you can play no matter what.

South Doyle, and Lenior City?? Haha those are the weak teams that Maryville plays every year, and thats not cou nting Clinton, Powell, and Know Central who has disappeared.. Cope plays against power house teams like Ooltewah, Farragut, Dobbins Bennet, Oak Ridge, and Mcminn is alright.. If you put Maryville or Alcoa on WB schedule.. Bye Bye State Championship Teams.. And im not even a WB fan.. IM sorry when your average margin of victory is 35 points in the playoffs?? Grow some sack and move up a class and stop playing sorry a schools.. What happened the other weak when Oak Ridge and Maryville scrimmaged?? oh ok..