sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

I think Z. Helms has been working at Tight end. Good hands and good blocker but a little slow footed. I think C. Topa would be a good option at FB or TE, tough kid, good runner and blocker. JW is our best option at TB!! However dept at all positions is CRITICAL!!!!!!!! I have been watching workouts all week and have been impressed with our QB's and Receivers. ELI, Rogers and R. Coleman all have made improvements at QB and we are catching the ball much better. Coach S. told the receivers yesterday that they had been taught well on route running and fundamentals. Good job Coach Roberts!

CH

I think either of these 2 could work te. don't know about topa at fb only weighs about 165 or so.And those receivers are a great bunch of kids,not hard to teach it ,when they play with heart and soul.I'm proud of them all.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah SS could play FB, but his shot at the next level will come at the position he is playing now. When they talked to him about moving him to Guard, I told him you can be a average FB or an outstanding guard with a shot at college ball. I don't see a line in the entire region that will be any better, but they still have to earn that on the field.

This is a reach. The best line in this region is a McMinn Central. Howard and Polk County have offensive lines that are better . Central's line will have back-ups better that what starts at Sequoyah.

This is a reach. The best line in this region is a McMinn Central. Howard and Polk County have offensive lines that are better . Central's line will have back-ups better that what starts at Sequoyah. Old Warhorse

You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. I saw Central scrimmage a not very good McMinn team and they did very little between the tackles, now Central's edge game was real good but that was hardly the results of the line play. Centrals line is not bad but did not dominate an average d-line and lb group of McMinn. I have coached this bunch and played against and study film of yours including the game with McMinn and I will have to disagree, your comment about backups is simply your evident arrogance and dislike for anything that has anything to do with Sequoyah. Howard is huge up front but not that athletic, Polk lost a lot but will always play you tuff. Central has some great athletes no doubt, I hope your arrogance doesn't rub off on them so they can win a lot of games with some class.

This is a reach. The best line in this region is a McMinn Central. Howard and Polk County have offensive lines that are better . Central's line will have back-ups better that what starts at Sequoyah. Old Warhorse

You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. I saw Central scrimmage a not very good McMinn team and they did very little between the tackles, now Central's edge game was real good but that was hardly the results of the line play. Centrals line is not bad but did not dominate an average d-line and lb group of McMinn. I have coached this bunch and played against and study film of yours including the game with McMinn and I will have to disagree, your comment about backups is simply your evident arrogance and dislike for anything that has anything to do with Sequoyah. Howard is huge up front but not that athletic, Polk lost a lot but will always play you tuff. Central has some great athletes no doubt, I hope your arrogance doesn't rub off on them so they can win a lot of games with some class.

thats right dave our boys are pretty good and they need to no that i dont think anyones back ups are better than us go chiefs

I think rhea co would disagree with your line assessment!! Keep up the good work Chiefs! I sure hope Central thinks we will not be able to line up with them! Go Chiefs!!

I think the old mule is trying to get Dum Dum fired up again.... Ask Coach Martin what he thought of our O-line last year when Meigs rolled into town....

Why didn't you say that I was entitled to my opinion some moons ago Dr. Dave? You must have seen the light that people do have different opinions. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I thought you just wanted to talk football?????????? You have it back wards again Forest. What the school board has done has slowed, no crippled almost every high school sport in Monroe County. Telling the truth about Dean Williams and his gang has no effect on the progression of the football team. The flip side to your argument is that if they have success and I hope and pray they do, in just a few weeks it is almost impossible for any coach to have a major impact on how a team will preform fundamentally(Satterfield will tell you this his self), I do believe that Satterfield is the kind of coach that will keep things moving forward and on track, and given time he will have a quality program that is consistent, there is no question he knows football( I would have loved to have been able to watch Satterfield and Gregory dissect a defense). If this team has success it will be because a lot of people have put in a lot of hard work and been dedicated to the program (mostly the kids). There are a lot of people that just show up on Friday night lean on the fence and gripe but NEVER show up to make any kind of a contribution from a work stand point or monetarily speaking to the program. If you don't show up and do something other than buy a ticket I don't think you should open your mouth about squat personally. I had an old coach that his favorite line was "You are either part of the problem or part of the answer there is no in between, which are you? If you never make any contribution ( no matter what your circumstance) you are part of the problem.

I attended my first practice last night and the kids seemed into it and having fun. They seem to have bonded with Coach Satterfield and that was great to see. Coach Satterfield came up to me after practice and said "we had done a great job with the kids that you can really tell they know what they are doing,that they have been coached really well" I appreciated him saying that, in front of everybody, I thought it was a classy thing to do.

You and a few others start a new thread "to talk football" and your not in the second page and your throwing rocks at people, make up your mind which way you want it. I THINK COACH T WOULD DO EVERY ONE A FAVOR AND MAKE EVERYONE PUT A NAME WITH A HANDLE THEN THIS COWARDLY BACKSTABBING WOULD STOP /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with most of your statement. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok guys it's time to talk football. I have information on upcoming scrimmages to pass along.

Aug. 5th Harriman at Home at 6:30 pm.

Aug. 12th Coalfield Away 5:00 pm.

Aug. 14th Loudon Away 6:00 or 6:30 not sure.

Then in the Jamboree we will be playing Meigs.

So we have a full slate of scrimmages before the regular season starts so make sure and come out and support our kids. Coach S. is working hard on finding asst. coaches I met one of them the other day don't know the status yet so I won't mention his name till it's official. The kids as well as the coaches are working hard to make the best of this upcoming season. I can't wait to see the group in pads hitting. Lets all exercise our right to vote and try and keep this thread all about Sequoyah Football and the upcoming season.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

sounds like three good ones, but why two single a schools? doesnt seem like it would be good competition for you?