sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

You know, there has been a lot of talk on here about the big backs, and thats good. They deserve every ounce of recognition they have gotten and will get, but what about the Breeden kid? No one has said anything about him on here, and I find that odd. I've got to believe that he has to play an important role on this team too. Otherwise everyone will stack the middle and stop those big backs. From what I've seen from Breeden through little league and up to now, he's one that will make you regret forgetting about him. Take the Rhea County scrimmage....he darted in and out of traffic and made several RC boys look like they were standing still. I was on the RC fence and heard several of them talk about how fast he was and several players kept yelling at the defense to "watch out for the fast one, if he gets open you won't catch him." Maybe everyone is so enamoured by the big power backs they simply overlooked him? Hopefully some of the Chiefs opponents will do that too!!

you are right and his is a really good back and i no that first hand i was one of his coach's in little league and he will have an important role in the backfield

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiefs participated in passing league tourney at Maryville College this past weekend. I didn't get to go watch but SO said they went 3-2. I know it is only passing league, but I think that is a promising showing with as little time as they have had to work together.

Jerry Denham

That is correct. I thought they look pretty good considering the small amount of work they have had on defense. The wins were against Claiborne County, Loudon, Knox Central JV. The losses were to Sunbrite (3-2) and Greenback. I think were just ran out of gas on the fifth game of the day against Greenback. Go chiefs!! Keep working hard.

That is correct. I thought they look pretty good considering the small amount of work they have had on defense. The wins were against Claiborne County, Loudon, Knox Central JV. The losses were to Sunbrite (3-2) and Greenback. I think were just ran out of gas on the fifth game of the day against Greenback. Go chiefs!! Keep working hard.

hey that is great I'm glade 2 here we did well i really think that a lot of people will be very surprised and i don't mean that in a bad way i am very proud of the boys and what they are able to over come go chiefs

ROBBIE MCKEE

That is some good news, especially with some people thinking the power game (line and power backs usually don't compete in 7 on 7) will be the strong point of this team. This should help take some presure off of the power game and allow it to be that much more effective. That seems to have always been a problem. Sequoyah has always either had a good passing game or a good power game, never both at the same time. Maybe this year people will have to respect both aspects.

That is some good news, especially with some people thinking the power game (line and power backs usually don't compete in 7 on 7) will be the strong point of this team. This should help take some presure off of the power game and allow it to be that much more effective. That seems to have always been a problem. Sequoyah has always either had a good passing game or a good power game, never both at the same time. Maybe this year people will have to respect both aspects.

you are right we need to be able 2 pass so people we get out of the 8 man fronts it will help a lot

Is there any deep threat receivers on the team? In other words, does any of them have any height and/or speed?

Storm and Shane Breeden both have great speed. Another possibility is if Kince plays QB than maybe we will see Elijah at receiver. He has both heighth and speed.

PJ McKee

Do you think that is a possibility? From what I have read, Rodgers is fighting to stay 2nd string. He has a good arm and Moser could be used in more ways if he was moved to reciever or wing, but he has the most experience. Again, not cutting any of these kids short, just evaluating possibilities.