WHHS Blue Devils

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to hook u DCfish & joking around! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I hope it's a good game. I have not been to a WHHS game since 1978 and understand that some of their games are packed. You have toshow up 2 to 3 hours early to get a seat at the Alcoa/Maryville games so just trying to make sure I get my big butt a seat. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I know last year Alcoa was leading 41-0 at the halftime break and this year while White House does return many pieces from their quarterfinal team from a year ago it is also true that Alcoa returns many pieces of their team from last season as well.

Alcoa is either coming to White House full of momentum following a win over Maryville or they are going to come in a very angry football team looking to get back on track following a loss to Maryville.

Either way it does not look too good for White House /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know last year Alcoa was leading 41-0 at the halftime break and this year while White House does return many pieces from their quarterfinal team from a year ago it is also true that Alcoa returns many pieces of their team from last season as well.

Alcoa is either coming to White House full of momentum following a win over Maryville or they are going to come in a very angry football team looking to get back on track following a loss to Maryville.

Either way it does not look too good for White House /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's been a long time since a middle TN team has beat them or given them a good game. Good luck WHHS!

It's been a long time since a middle TN team has beat them or given them a good game. Good luck WHHS!

The last time either of those points would qualify for a correct answer would be the 2003 semifinals when David Lipscomb beat Alcoa. The next year Alcoa came to Nashville and beat the Mustangs by 3 touchdowns when Warren, Lindsay, Feigler, & Co. were all juniors.

Goodpasture has been hammered by Alcoa three consecutive times and the only other midstate teams that have played them in recent years have been White House & Smith Co. (semifinal matchup).

I've got the Alcoa game date on my calender. What time should you get to the WHHS field to enjoy the game?

To give you an adult answer Rigger, our game times are 7:30 not 7.Additional parking has been added since last year and I would say you would be safe getting there between 6 and 6:30 central time.Have a good trip.

Just trying to hook u DCfish & joking around! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I hope it's a good game. I have not been to a WHHS game since 1978 and understand that some of their games are packed. You have toshow up 2 to 3 hours early to get a seat at the Alcoa/Maryville games so just trying to make sure I get my big butt a seat. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

When is the game?

Rigger you're not coming from Alcoa, are you? I seem to remember a post that were a Madison or G'ville grad...?

The last time either of those points would qualify for a correct answer would be the 2003 semifinals when David Lipscomb beat Alcoa. The next year Alcoa came to Nashville and beat the Mustangs by 3 touchdowns when Warren, Lindsay, Feigler, & Co. were all juniors.

Goodpasture has been hammered by Alcoa three consecutive times and the only other midstate teams that have played them in recent years have been White House & Smith Co. (semifinal matchup).

alcoa also played spring hill last season and this season

When is the game?

Rigger you're not coming from Alcoa, are you? I seem to remember a post that were a Madison or G'ville grad...?

Yep, I'm an Old Madison Ram! Never a Trojan! Dated a few girls from there. LOL

However I lived in the Knoxville area for 5 years and watched some great games by Alcoa, Maryville, Fulton, AE, Knox Cen, KCHS, Oak Ridge, Farragut etc. My Boy's ran CC (I'm a former lineman so don't go there) so I had Friday nights to go and watch the best games in the area. Most of the time Alcoa was the underdog in the games I watched. I enjoyed watching their grit and respect their program. Maryville is the big dog on that side of town and Alcoa always has a chip on their shoulder that the other teams they play get to feel.

I have been disappointed in the games that I have watched the last 2 years in the middle TN area. Of course most of those were watching the Commando's. I plan to go and watch some of the marquee games in our area this year.

Again Good Luck WHHS.