WHHS Blue Devils

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a guess to how good they can be this year? Also, does anyone know who will be playing in what positions. They should have lots of Sr's starting this year if everyone is still playing that played last year.

Thanks

White House will be very good again in 2008. They may be the favorite to come out of the top half of the playoff bracket. Here's why:

Trox Greenwade will be back as the starting QB. I assume Aussie Light will be his backup again this year although Matt Parker does have experience of playing QB in the past.

Matt Parker and Chad Neal will both be back at the receiver positions. DeMarrius Payne also returns to add depth. Zack Duty returns as the team's tight end. Michael Barrett is also back as the team's other tight end.

Cody Allen returns as the fullback. The tailback duo will also be back in DeMarqus Payne and Bryan Dixon.

The offensive line will be anchored by 300+ pounder Blaine Boone.

Kody Littles and Zack Duty will be back as the ends on the WH defensive front.

Zack Byrd and Michael Barrett will be back as the team's top linebackers.

In the secondary both DeMarqus and DeMarrius Payne are back. Also returning in the secondary will be Chad Neal and Matt Parker.

Aside from losing Trobaugh as the Place Kickers and also losing Adam Wiss and Rogers Gaines as a couple of very good two-way performers this football team is only going to be better than the quarterfinal squad from a year ago.

Now if they can find a way to win the "big game" is a completely different question /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess my previous post shocked WH fans that I knew so much about their beloved football team. It was either that or the fact that I made no negative comments at all in the post.

I will give the Blue Devils all of the credit in the world as long as people don't get on here and start threads titled "THE RUN" or "We Will Destroy Everyone". That kind of garbage is insane and paces a huge target on your chest (which is not good when the opposition is teams like Station Camp & Pearl Cohn).

White House does return a ton of lettermen this season and they do have a very good shot of making a serious push for the Blue Cross Bowl. This is easily their "best team" on paper since the 2004 bunch that lost to Melrose in the semifinals.

If WH can find a guy to put the football through the uprights like Trobaugh did last year then they are a threat to score everytime they touch the football. They have a very good QB, a dynamic backfield, a core of excellent receivers, two very good tight ends, and you know that they are always going to be physical on the offensive line.

Pearl Cohn can't say that. They lost Deaunte Mason, William Johnson, Michael Venoy, & Wayne Cox from their offense. Defensively they lose Howard Griffin, Dominique Harris, and William Johnson from the linebacking core. They also lose starting corners Phillip Collier & Carlos Knight. Up front they return most of their linemen but they do lose their best two from last year's bunch in Markese Osborne & Richard Jean-Louis.

Fulton can't say that either. They lost Jonathan Blair, Ken Tyson, Vic Smith, and Derrick Humphrey. They also lost the backfield in Terrence Cobb and Bubba Stokes. On defense they lost the entire secondary in Tyson, Humphrey, and Smith. They also lost Jabriel Siler and Bubba Stokes and Derek Wilcox. Up front they lost both Terrence Cobb and Gary Gamble.

IF WH HAS EVER HAD A CHANCE TO GET BACK TO A STATE TITLE GAME THIS IS CERTAINLY GOING TO BE THAT CHANCE HOWEVER WITH THAT HAVING BEEN SAID THE WORST THING THAT THEY CAN DO IS LET THEIR COCKINESS OVERRIDE THEIR PLAY ON THE FIELD /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just bumping the thread so that GreenbrierCat2 can see just how many starters WH returns from last year's quarterfinalist squad.

In the preseason polls White House is ranked #5 & Pearl Cohn is ranked #6 in all of Class 3A.

Remember that despite the numbers of returning players and experience my Region 4-3A prediction was for PC to win the championship and be the #1 seed heading into the playoffs.

Just because WH "should" win the region doesn't "guarantee" them a win over PC now does it????????

BEST OF LUCK ON THE UPCOMING SEASON!!!!!!

White House will be very good again in 2008. They may be the favorite to come out of the top half of the playoff bracket. Here's why:

Trox Greenwade will be back as the starting QB. I assume Aussie Light will be his backup again this year although Matt Parker does have experience of playing QB in the past.

Matt Parker and Chad Neal will both be back at the receiver positions. DeMarrius Payne also returns to add depth. Zack Duty returns as the team's tight end. Michael Barrett is also back as the team's other tight end.

Cody Allen returns as the fullback. The tailback duo will also be back in DeMarqus Payne and Bryan Dixon.

The offensive line will be anchored by 300+ pounder Blaine Boone.

Kody Littles and Zack Duty will be back as the ends on the WH defensive front.

Zack Byrd and Michael Barrett will be back as the team's top linebackers.

In the secondary both DeMarqus and DeMarrius Payne are back. Also returning in the secondary will be Chad Neal and Matt Parker.

Aside from losing Trobaugh as the Place Kickers and also losing Adam Wiss and Rogers Gaines as a couple of very good two-way performers this football team is only going to be better than the quarterfinal squad from a year ago.

Now if they can find a way to win the "big game" is a completely different question /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well Mr Expert.Barrett is playing offensive center and Gaines did not go both ways last year.Now your updated by someone who really knows about the team instead of a want to be. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well Mr Expert.Barrett is playing offensive center and Gaines did not go both ways last year.Now your updated by someone who really knows about the team instead of a want to be. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Better be careful "fish". The last time you got into it with White House folk, you were off the boards. Its too early in the season. Be sure to attend the White House-Lipscomb scrimmage.

Better be careful "fish". The last time you got into it with White House folk, you were off the boards. Its too early in the season. Be sure to attend the White House-Lipscomb scrimmage.

If we could only get that lucky again.But wait, he would just change his screen name again and again and again and again and again, well you get the picture. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hard for a guy wearing #14 to play center /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

#69 played offense. He was a tackle. He also played tackle on defense. Are you going to tell me that he was not in the game during the goal line stand against PC in the third quarter of the quarterfinal playoff matchup last year????? Surely that must have been a mistake though huh????? Everyone plays in those situations. No big deal. Only the semifinals at stake right?????? Gaines played offense and defense. I have the film of the game if you want to argue that fact. I'll be more than happy to mail it to you.

I'll certainly include the TD catch by William Johnson on fourth down in the fourth quarter when PC took the lead for good. I'll also include the 2-POINT CONVERSION since it was the EXACT SAME PLAY CALL as the one that scored the go-ahead TD.

I KNOW WAY MORE ABOUT YOUR OWN TEAM THAN YOU DO. DOESN'T THAT MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE THE _ _ _ _ _ THAT YOU IN FACT ARE /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hard for a guy wearing #14 to play center /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

#69 played offense. He was a tackle. He also played tackle on defense. Are you going to tell me that he was not in the game during the goal line stand against PC in the third quarter of the quarterfinal playoff matchup last year????? Surely that must have been a mistake though huh????? Everyone plays in those situations. No big deal. Only the semifinals at stake right?????? Gaines played offense and defense. I have the film of the game if you want to argue that fact. I'll be more than happy to mail it to you.

I'll certainly include the TD catch by William Johnson on fourth down in the fourth quarter when PC took the lead for good. I'll also include the 2-POINT CONVERSION since it was the EXACT SAME PLAY CALL as the one that scored the go-ahead TD.

I KNOW WAY MORE ABOUT YOUR OWN TEAM THAN YOU DO. DOESN'T THAT MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE THE _ _ _ _ _ THAT YOU IN FACT ARE /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Fish!....Way too Early. Whats the word on the website?

Well meat for the record, people can change the number they wear /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He was #55 2 years ago.14 last year,and I'll let you use your sources to see what # he'll have this year.

And if I remember what one of the coaches said ,Gaines played less than 10 plays on defense.Not what I would call a two way player.But thats right you know it all.Your such a joke.So you dont know Jack MEAT.Just keep reading your Murphy Fair magazine and pretend you know what your talking about.I go to the practices, I know whats going on.You are just a blow hole.For the Record Murphy had Gaines down as a pre-season defense all state pick last year[not bad for a kid who played defense less than 10 times].I guess he is just about as smart as you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well meat for the record, people can change the number they wear /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He was #55 2 years ago.14 last year,and I'll let you use your sources to see what # he'll have this year.

And if I remember what one of the coaches said ,Gaines played less than 10 plays on defense.Not what I would call a two way player.But thats right you know it all.Your such a joke.So you dont know Jack MEAT.Just keep reading your Murphy Fair magazine and pretend you know what your talking about.I go to the practices, I know whats going on.You are just a blow hole.For the Record Murphy had Gaines down as a pre-season defense all state pick last year[not bad for a kid who played defense less than 10 times].I guess he is just about as smart as you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

N.W.G.D. is exactly what your knowledge is if you think that Gaines did not play a role during crucial game situations defensively /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey vandy1 the plan is to have it up and running by the end of next week. I went through dot5hosting.com and the domain is going to be cheathamcubsfanpage.com /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The final thing I am going to add will be team pics which are next Monday.