WHHS Blue Devils

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHSports...what's WH school population expected to be this coming year? And do you think M's leaving will have an affect?

We should still be ok with our enrollment.As far as the other, I think everything will move forward.I just hope there is not too much pressure put on the kids with the expectations that are out there.

Is the stadium finished yet?

We should still be ok with our enrollment.As far as the other, I think everything will move forward.I just hope there is not too much pressure put on the kids with the expectations that are out there.

Is the stadium finished yet?

Well I will sure be quoted and as much as it pains me to say it, I think the Devils will be in one of the top two spots come November. From what I hear from our Bobcat players they are hopeful to have a good season, but as we have found anything can happen. I pretty much think DeKalb will be the sleeper this year.

Just wondered about the 2009 season. I know the twins will be gone then but that's why I asked about the affect since that will be the beginning of new "playmates" with DCA and Goodpasture,etc. I'm ready for the change.

With school out, haven't really paid much attention to the stadium but I think it's pretty much done. I sure wish you guys would get a better visitor section....and maybe a decent sound system for that side. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I sure wish you guys would get a better visitor section....and maybe a decent sound system for that side. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Well at least we put the bathrooms close to the visitor section... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> The sound system ain't a whole lot better on the home side, trust me. With the Blue Devils and the Patriots sharing the field, you'd think they could spring for better sound equipment. Greenbrier has really made their place impressive. It's an awesome place to watch quality football !!

Well I will sure be quoted and as much as it pains me to say it, I think the Devils will be in one of the top two spots come November. From what I hear from our Bobcat players they are hopeful to have a good season, but as we have found anything can happen. I pretty much think DeKalb will be the sleeper this year.

Just wondered about the 2009 season. I know the twins will be gone then but that's why I asked about the affect since that will be the beginning of new "playmates" with DCA and Goodpasture,etc. I'm ready for the change.

With school out, haven't really paid much attention to the stadium but I think it's pretty much done. I sure wish you guys would get a better visitor section....and maybe a decent sound system for that side. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

No arguement here Cat.The bad part is there is nothing we can do about it.Our stadium belongs to the city.The most they will let us do is a coat of paint here and there.We dont even get to mow the field anymore, that is also done by the city.We are working on the sound system.That I know.They [the city] have also been replacing the fences so who knows what else they might be doing?

As far as the 2009 season, yes we will lose alot of starters.Both sets of twins,parker,barrett,duty,littles,allen,boone and many moore.We do return with a QB with 3 years as a varsity starter,Dixon who rushed for over 1000 as a soph.3 good lineman,two good linebackers[with the return of edgar].we will just need some of the younger kids to step up[there is some good talent there].Also Light is too good an athelete for him to be a backup QB all 3 years.He has played DE in the past.

we should be in the 4a breakdown for the 2009 season as far as the playoffs go.I still wont be pleased with the new playmates but this thread will be shut down if I start on my soap box about private schools.So with that said we''ll see.I know Kirk will get your kids back to where they need to be.Every once in a while you hit those down cycles.It wont be for long. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well at least we put the bathrooms close to the visitor section... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> The sound system ain't a whole lot better on the home side, trust me. With the Blue Devils and the Patriots sharing the field, you'd think they could spring for better sound equipment. Greenbrier has really made their place impressive. It's an awesome place to watch quality football !!

Well with the growth in WH, pretty soon I'll be able to just stand on a back deck and watch the game, listening through the internet. I've never seen so many subdivisions go up. But seems there's more growing room for Heritage's kids. I keep waiting for another subdivision to go up on Sage Road, but it looks like it's turning mostly commercial. In a few years, Heritage should have their school built and hopefully put them a big new stadium out there by the school. That would be nice for both schools. But it sure is going to be a nightmare between the crossroads and interstate with a new school zone in the morning rush hours. Don't see how they can do anything but widen the road out there to make turning lanes. More growth for WH. Pretty soon, you'll be the next Hendersonville. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yes, we are glad to have our new stadium...really needed it. Hopefully we can get some updates around the stadium. I would love to see a bigger locker and weight room. But on the better side Greenbrier kids played baseball in our new baseball/soccer park this summer. It's coming along too. Now if we could just move the L&N I'd like it all the more. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

No arguement here Cat.The bad part is there is nothing we can do about it.Our stadium belongs to the city.The most they will let us do is a coat of paint here and there.We dont even get to mow the field anymore, that is also done by the city.We are working on the sound system.That I know.They [the city] have also been replacing the fences so who knows what else they might be doing?

As far as the 2009 season, yes we will lose alot of starters.Both sets of twins,parker,barrett,duty,littles,allen,boone and many moore.We do return with a QB with 3 years as a varsity starter,Dixon who rushed for over 1000 as a soph.3 good lineman,two good linebackers[with the return of edgar].we will just need some of the younger kids to step up[there is some good talent there].Also Light is too good an athelete for him to be a backup QB all 3 years.He has played DE in the past.

we should be in the 4a breakdown for the 2009 season as far as the playoffs go.I still wont be pleased with the new playmates but this thread will be shut down if I start on my soap box about private schools.So with that said we''ll see.I know Kirk will get your kids back to where they need to be.Every once in a while you hit those down cycles.It wont be for long. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah, I don't know what the new breakdown will bring but when I say I'm ready, I guess I just mean for a new cast of characters. A different set of challenges...and that's exactly what the privates will be. I am with you on that. I don't agree on mixing them. It just don't quite seem right. It looks like the TSSAA would listen to what the majority wants...but no.

Hopefully Kirk will bring us back around. I'm more familiar with this years Seniors than the classes below them. Some little brothers of past players picking up the slack this year. Just hoping for minimal injuries and major wins. But then, aren't we all?

Well with the growth in WH, pretty soon I'll be able to just stand on a back deck and watch the game, listening through the internet. I've never seen so many subdivisions go up. But seems there's more growing room for Heritage's kids. I keep waiting for another subdivision to go up on Sage Road, but it looks like it's turning mostly commercial. In a few years, Heritage should have their school built and hopefully put them a big new stadium out there by the school. That would be nice for both schools. But it sure is going to be a nightmare between the crossroads and interstate with a new school zone in the morning rush hours. Don't see how they can do anything but widen the road out there to make turning lanes. More growth for WH. Pretty soon, you'll be the next Hendersonville. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yes, we are glad to have our new stadium...really needed it. Hopefully we can get some updates around the stadium. I would love to see a bigger locker and weight room. But on the better side Greenbrier kids played baseball in our new baseball/soccer park this summer. It's coming along too. Now if we could just move the L&N I'd like it all the more. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

My understanding right now is that The Heritage side is growing faster than the Sumner Side.They are really playing some good football across 31w.It just makes you wonder "What if" there had been no split? But oh well thats what elected officials will do to a town.Cant wait till week 10 Cat.This year the first round of hot chocolate is on me.

My understanding right now is that The Heritage side is growing faster than the Sumner Side.They are really playing some good football across 31w.It just makes you wonder "What if" there had been no split? But oh well thats what elected officials will do to a town.Cant wait till week 10 Cat.This year the first round of hot chocolate is on me.

Week 10 will be here before we know it. Your house this time. Hard to believe five weeks from tomorrow night I'll be sitting in the stands! I'm ready but already dreading it too just watching these kids get closer to graduation.

Week 10 will be here before we know it. Your house this time. Hard to believe five weeks from tomorrow night I'll be sitting in the stands! I'm ready but already dreading it too just watching these kids get closer to graduation.

We are getting old Cat.But we still know more than most /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />