Can anyone beat MARYVILLE, and by who???

fayfay05

Guest 4cubes

great great games coming up. i hope west and maryville wil always play each other, two great programs with great fan support.

also greenville and jeff, county rank as great teams in east tenn.

this site is great love to talk about and to other people about different teams.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it seems to me that Mo-West kinda is using the muddy field as an excuse to losing. Not many Maryville people bring up that the field was terrible, but Mo-West fans constantly bring it up! I am not taking anything away from Mo-West or their well earned victory against us. I am just stating that something was eating at Maryville and it caused them not to play at 100%, nonetheless, you came out there and beat us up and down the field. Being, or not, 100 percent is part of the game and its what makes HS football great, but I was merely stating that something had had knocked Maryville off their game and that they weren't prepared to play that night. I am not using 9/11 as the total excuse we lost, I am just saying that might have been one of the things that caused us to be a little off. I am not some bad or weak person because I used an excuse, everyone uses excuses whether they know it or want to admit it. You lose a game and your held to only 50 yards rushing, you're going to say, "We only got 50 yards on the ground, thats why we lost!" or, "Well we just played a bad game!" not, "Well the other team did a great job stopping the run and they played a heck of a game!" There are not a lot of fans, especially, that talk like that! You want my opinion on what an excuse means...it means your a true fan. If you stand by your team to the end and defend them to the end, even with excuses, then you're a true fan. If you think your team is unbeatable, even if they are not, then you are a true fan. Kentucky fans go into every basketball seasons thinking, believing and expecting to win a national championship. Every year they don't win the fans aren't disappointed, they find the bright spots from the season and once again wait anxiously for the start of basketball season. Excuses aren't for weak people, no not at all, everyone uses excuses and according to your philosophy everyone is weak!

MaryvilleRebels thats true to a certain extent...but you go 9-2 8-3 in UT country your going to be looking for a new job...and the TRUE fans are the ones that are going to be giving you the boot.

Fans are your best friends, or your worst enemies.

I also think a true fan can be honest about how well his team is doing...its one thing to be confident, quite another to be blind...

I am just saying its a two way street, you do it and I do it! Ego, you'd be surprised how long a coach will hang around at UT even if he goes 9-2 or 8-3 for a few seasons. Tubby Smith averages 10 losses a season at Kentucky. Pitino averaged around 3-4 maybe a few more. Still despite that fact Tubby is still there in the drivers seat! I never said that a true fan makes their team out to be the greatest when they are not, no, I said that a true fan believes their team has a chance to win it all every year. I think that Kentucky can win it all every year in basketball, and every year in football I think that Kentucky will have a better team. Despite neither happening often I still show my faith. If you ask me if Kentucky football is good, I will tell you know, I'm not blind or stupid, but I will also tell you that I will stand by them and cheer them on to the end!

Tubby has been under the gun for quite some time man. Remember the issue about his son?

You ain't stayin at UT for a while if you are going 8-3 or 9-2 maryville...9-2 means you lost to Florida and another team that is inferior to you...like a Georgia, or Arkansas...

But I do agree with you about the 50 yards rushing thing, thats exactly true...I picked west to win that game before it happened for some odd reason...when they played again there was no question who was going to win.

"If you think your team is unbeatable, even if they are not, then you are a true fan."

I'm a big Memphis fan, heck my dad played at Memphis...But I don't think they will go undefeated, does that mean I'm not a TRUE fan.

I'm a big Dallas Cowboys fan, but I highly doubt they go undefeated, or even any other team for that matter in the NFL. The last time a team went undefeated was in the 70's with Marino! I have kicked guys out of my house for bashing my cowboys, and thats as big of a fan as you can get! My mom hasn't talked to a guy in over 23 years because he was a Bears fan and started braggin about how they won!

[Edited by TheEgoHasLanded on 8-2-02 8:52A]

i thik that maryville will have another great team this year. even though giles is gone, they have alex rouse who is one of the best highschool qb's in the state! they also have chris macord,atonio byner, and caral stewart, who r all very good players. personally i think that maryville can and probably will get beat a couple of times, maybe only once, wgho knows, but overall i think they are going to win!!!