Can anyone beat MARYVILLE, and by who???

fayfay05

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must didn't watch AE and Maryville scrimmage. AE scored on its 1st possession and stoppe maryville on its 1st. The score ended 14-14 tie. Both teams had players make plays on third downs. Both teams had big hits. Both teams had nice runs. Great scrimmage. Too bad it was just for 1 quarter. I was htere and saw it. Maryville players where stun at first. AE coaches did not want to take advantage of what Maryville was given them. I'm sure Maryville didn't either. Both coaches worked on things they wanted to see. Maryville could have ran the veer more for instance. AE wants teams to play them with 2 safeties and run 3 WR on 1 safety and corner and reads off them. They didn't do it because they knew they could. They wanted to work on their weakness and to Maryville's stregnth. They wanted to see if their O-line could handle Maryvilles push. They didn't do that bad to be a totally new O-line. I would have loved to see booker and company back again. Maryville WR made a great catch and a great throw to score. AE DB's are pretty good. That throw was the play of the scrimmage. It went right over the DB's hand. maryville QB is very good. Was impressed with him. What do you Maryville fans think about the LB #25. (soph) AE is mostly Sophomores this year. AE 3 Sr starters on offense. 4 or 5 starting Srs. on defense.

Boorelly A-E has a good team and is loaded with athletes. I agree that coaches work on things and that's what scrimmages should be used for. On Maryville's 1st drive a center/QB exchange stopped Maryville and that was the only time that Maryville's 1st string offense did not score all day. I also agree that Reggie Jones and Carl Stewart are big time players. Good luck. Go Rebs.

Thank you for seeign it as a high school fan not just a maryville fan. Of Course Carl Stewart and the O-line will get the attention but that QB is a player. Great reads. Great pocket awareness. AE is very young this year. People say they are rebuilding. Coach Stevens once again plays a great program to get his team to see what cahmpions are made of. Last Year it was Independence. This year MHS. Talking to the players after the scrimmage they kept telling me that coaches kept talking about Maryville's consistency. Also how important it is for second tier guys to work hard to help the team depth. Those guys took it to heart. MHS plays alot of players. Especially one thier lines (O/D Line). Thanks once again for giving us repect at AE. If you read the post you see we don't get much. But like Coach Graham tells his DB's, "talk is wasted aggression, because you still have to play the game. The game will be played so there is no reason to say a thing.

boo you see why MHS wins? Lots of times other teams look better in warm-ups, have more impressive looking athletes. But Maryville plays TEAM ball. Execution, depth, playing within the system, everyone's got a job and everyone's job is important. Just like Hillsboro last season. They were very talented. Maryville stayed in their system and in the 4th quarter, Maryville's depth showed and Stewart ran wild. It's an old saying, but true "FOOTBALL IS THE ULTIMATE TEAM SPORT". Good luck. Go Rebs.

You are exactly right. That is what I noticed. they were fundamentally sound. I think we are getting there. Stevens is spending more time with the little league coaches. He is wanting #1 to keep our kids at AE (we always lose 3 - 5 of our top atheletes in middle school to other schools in Knoxville - "recruited")and #2 make football a big thing. At the scrimmage Maryville begin to get better and better. Both teams were well coached. MHS players were a little more fundamentally discipline. Especially at the interior line spots. Those are two big time programs. What I noticed on both sidelines were the focus of the kids that was not in at that time. No horseplaying, etc. Very impressed with both programs.

count me as another maryville supporter who also thinks AE has an excellent program that is on the upswing again. i use to work in the media in the mid 80's when leroy thompson and those guys were there. i got to visit with coach sam anderson one night prior to a game. he was a great guy and a good coach. i see similarities between him and stevens. also last year maryville played in the blue cross bowl right after austin east did. as the AE players were leaving the field i noticed several of them shaking hands and encouraging the maryville players which i thought was a real class act. i hope we both get to see each other again this year in murfreesboro.

Guest fbwiz

i'm tired of hearing morr.west's whinning about the rain.praise the lord for the rain;if not,maryville would have won by 6-7 tds.granted west had a good team but nothing like maryville or hillsboro,period.did not lowly cocke co. beat the trojans in week two? yes!you say that was a fluke.well,your probaby right.but your victory over the rebs in the regular season was too,period.your not as good as you think.east tn is not known for great hs football,(from jeff.co. eastward)especially the last few years.the other region you compete with to reach the semi's is very,very,weak,and there is no argument in this.also,let me mention,again,about the poor sportsmanship the trojans displayed against jeff.co.last yr, they burned pat.flags in the parking lot;around 4 or 5 trojan players taunted jakeem taylor and jennings by calling them the 'n' word. also,a friend of mine had all four of his tires slashed and had maroon paint sprayed on his car.why?because he had go pats.beat trojans in white shoe polish on his windows.that's real funny to people like JHITE7 and trojanball4.but this guy makes average money and supports a family of 4.

I thought that was great the way AE players went to the Maryville players and encouraged them before Maryville played Hillsboro last season.

I have a lot of respect for AE. They have great athletes. The middle linebacker is a stud!I hope we can scrimmage each year. Maryville has some good young players coming up too.

If AE can find a ground game and the quarterback can get his timing down with his receivers then AE will have a great chance of returning to Murfreesboro. They will kill some of these other 3a teams around here.

I believe the region AE is in may be the toughest in the state.

AE reminds me of Central on defense. Both teams play 8 in the box to take away the run and dare you to beat them deep.

You are an idiot! Why has this not been said ever before? Why did the guy not tell the cops? I am in a family of 4. Don't say crap when you have no idea. If he even did get his tires slashed...it would probably be that he was known to be associated with a moron like yourself who lets your mouth do more than your butt can handle. If you ask any Morristown West Player that played in that Mud Bowl last year, they will tell you that Maryville beat them. Rain or no rain. rain never helps, but it can hurt. BUT!!!!!....it rains on both sides of the field. You talk so much on here, and you have no clue what you are talking about on anything. And once again...your black friend was not called a 'n' word, i can guarantee it. So please just do all people on this board a favor and keep your typing to a minimum...cuz it is making alot of us sick.

[Edited by JHITE7 on 8-5-02 9:25P]