Who is the next Metro Nashville High School To Win State

deegate5

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pearl Cohn in 3A has the best shot. They have been to the state semifinals each of the past two years. They are a big athletic football team that just overwhelms their competiton.

Maplewood & Hillsboro are both great teams but one of them is always going to beat the other each year in a competitive game. After that the winner of the game is going to have to beat Maryville /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Stratford is in trouble now that East Literature is opening. They are praying for 2009 to hurry up and arrive /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

Stratford is going to shock everybody this year

Stratford has Metro's best aerial attack, so they're going to score a lot of points; for that reason alone, they'll be better than last year's 1-9 team; Stratford still has yet to prove they can inconvenience other teams' offenses when they don't have the football though, so I'm not ready to "crown" them just yet.

On your McGavock prediction, I have a feeling they have as talented a 5A team as anyone in Tennessee; but I've seen them have a similar team before and manage to lose a game or 2 against teams that had no business beating them. Their State chances revolve around whether their focus and consistency is equal to their talent.