Huntingdon

htown5

Stangfan.. What # was your son last year?

I do think with Swenson's offense we will be able to score this year. It seemed like we were hobbled last year with the play calling. Too much Matt Weathers and not much else. Matt was a tough player to take all the hits he did last year. Give him credit though.. He ran hard all year.

This Friday the Middle School Mustangs will scrimmage Gleason at 4:30 and the Mustangs will have an intersquad game around 6 or so. Refreshments will be served and they will have a punt-pass-kick contest for anyone who wants to enter. Fans will get to see the new restrooms on the home side along with the fencing/paving around the ticket booth area. Lots of giveaways to the fans too. Should be a fun day as everybody gets to meet Coach Swenson and Coach Miller.

Wish we could open up with Middleton instead of Milan on the 29th .... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the Mustangs look at the Crockett County Scrimmage last night? From what I heard, we've got a lot of work to do before we play Milan. Some surpises but some weakness that were obvious... Hopefully coach Swenson and Miller will have them ready.

Huntingdon is very green this year. I know we had at least four or five sophs on the field and one freshman on defense and yes that was with the first team. With that being said, they are far and above better than what I thought they would ever be this year. I see what they are trying to do. We were very physical on the offensive side of the ball and thats with a totally rebuilt line and backfield and yes we were out athleted by every team. Defensively we are very inexperienced. We will get better as the year goes on and next year could be a doozy.

Can anyone tell me how Chris Donald is doing at UT? I haven't seen anything in the The Tennessean or the Nashville TV stations about him. He was really impressive in high school.

Chris has gotten his grades in order and made the deans list last semester. According to his dad, he is currently listed as #2 in the depth chart at ILB. He should see some special teams play as well this season. In the Orange and White game, Chris made some good plays and one prevented a TD. He's doing just fine IMHO.

Is the Jamboree in Huntingdon happening this year????? Nothing in the news or people talking!!!! What's the story?

How did the Mustangs look at the Crockett County Scrimmage last night? From what I heard, we've got a lot of work to do before we play Milan. Some surpises but some weakness that were obvious... Hopefully coach Swenson and Miller will have them ready.

You guys ready to crank it up again? Could be the last time we see each other for a while. That really stinks because both teams make the other better in the long run.

Lots of excitement again in Mustang Country. Huntingdon realizes the task before them against Milan but I really think everyone will be impressed with what Swenson has done with this team. No injuries from our end and I hope the same goes for Milan.

When you play the Bulldogs you play the premier program in West Tennessee. Look for another hard hitting game. The well ain't dry just yet folks. We'll see how the season goes. Good luck to both sides..

The Pigskin Pals will be there minus one... He has been deported to Eastern Kentucky.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Lots of excitement again in Mustang Country. Huntingdon realizes the task before them against Milan but I really think everyone will be impressed with what Swenson has done with this team. No injuries from our end and I hope the same goes for Milan.

When you play the Bulldogs you play the premier program in West Tennessee. Look for another hard hitting game. The well ain't dry just yet folks. We'll see how the season goes. Good luck to both sides..

The Pigskin Pals will be there minus one... He has been deported to Eastern Kentucky.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I've said it before on here, they are alot better than I thought they could be. Its not the same style of offense I remember Swenson running before but it seems to fit our type of player right now. I would love to see a good ol' fashion slobber knocker between these two just one more time.