Some of the underrated Coaches

soccereagle15

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what coaches do not get the talents like Bearden and Faragut but are still competitve?

Anna Ricker, coach at Chuckey Doak. Has taken a team to state (last 4 I believe) with no club players and has made sectionals 3 times in the last 4 years. She deserves alot of respect!!

what coaches do not get the talents like Bearden and Faragut but are still competitve?

I like to give kudos to Bobby Earls of McMinn Co.. I always hate to play those guys/gals. No matter of the talent level he always has his teams always ready to play.

Good luck this year Bro. Bobby until region time. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

John Eiskamp of Greeneville. Greeneville is a AA size school which plays up to AAA (against the likes of Bearden, Farragut, Collierville, CAK, etc.) and Coach Eiskamp consistently produces winning teams and college players.

A little off subject, but why would a school choose to play up in AAA soccer if they are sized to play in A/AA? Is this something that a school has to decide for all/or none sports, or can they choose only on certain sports? Is it due to lack of local opponents at the A/AA level? At both levels, there are quality teams.

A little off subject, but why would a school choose to play up in AAA soccer if they are sized to play in A/AA? Is this something that a school as to decide for all/or none sports, or can the choose only on certain sports? Is it due to lack of local opponents at the A/AA level? A both levels, there are quality teams.

I'm curious about that, as well. What was the thought process behind it? ILovethisgame, do you know?

It is my understanding that it is an all or nothing decision by the school's administration and AD. The sports driving such a decision are football and basketball those being the "money makers". It is felt playing up in those sports increases the level of competition, exposure and bottom line. Since those sports play up a division the others do also.

I'm not sure how this classification thing works, but TSSAA web site has Greenville as 4A in Football, and Soccer, Baseball, etc, are listed in AAA.

AAA in soccer, baseball, etc is equivalent to 4A in football

TSSAA has Greeneville's 2006 enrollement listed at 864. The current enrollement is probably more around 900. I'm not sure where the cutoff is between AA and AAA but I think below 1000 would be AA. Does anyone know for sure?

Anyway - Eiskamp is an excellent coach

AAA in soccer, baseball, etc is equivalent to 4A in football

TSSAA has Greeneville's 2006 enrollement listed at 864. The current enrollement is probably more around 900. I'm not sure where the cutoff is between AA and AAA but I think below 1000 would be AA. Does anyone know for sure?

Anyway - Eiskamp is an excellent coach

Coach E is the man! He coached me at Carson Newman and my wife at Tusculum (and was actually a groomsman in our wedding!!!). I miss that guy! If you see him, Ilovethisgame, please tell him that G said hello!

Anna Ricker, coach at Chuckey Doak. Has taken a team to state (last 4 I believe) with no club players and has made sectionals 3 times in the last 4 years. She deserves alot of respect!!

I agree. I think its amazing how well Chuckey-Doak has done for such a small school with few club players (I know of only 3 girls who have played on Greeneville Galaxy in the past 5 years). Coach Ricker certainly deserves recognition for a great job.

Coach E is the man! He coached me at Carson Newman and my wife at Tusculum (and was actually a groomsman in our wedding!!!). I miss that guy! If you see him, Ilovethisgame, please tell him that G said hello!

I see him every day at my daughter's practice and occasionally play against him in adult league (he still has the moves for a 50+ old man). I'll let him know.