• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is going to have a great offense

Based on the returners and talent level I would go with these 2 in West TN:

4A: Henry County

5A: Millington

I don't get see many of the teams so don't read too much into my post. Millington is loaded (again) and I expect great things. HC was really good last year and should be again. Kingsbury brings a dynamic runner back as well as some of the other 4A teams but I was looking at all around.

The best offense is the one that always puts more points on the opponents, than the opponents put on them. Also the offense can't be stopped when needed. That means Maryville is tops in 4A, unless you just want count offenses thst run up the score on nobodies and midlevel teams.(point averaging)

Hillsboro I could partially agree with, but Smyrna, not so sure. Losing Gray and Wilkes are HUGE losses for that Off.

Now the Smyrna D is another story!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would assume Hillsboro will have a very good offense. I would also have to assume that Maryville will have a very good offense. I know that Henry County will because I follow them, I saw them last year, and I know what they return on offense. I don't care at all about 5A.

My knowledge of offenses in Middle Tennessee and East Tennessee is limited, so I won't make any choices there, but Henry County has to be considered an offensive machine. They'll have two D1 prospects in the backfield - Allen (UT Commit) at RB, and Teague (being heavily recruited by Miami, Tennessee, Clemson, just to name a few..) at QB. The offensive line should be strong again - WR's are the only concern.

My knowledge of offenses in Middle Tennessee and East Tennessee is limited, so I won't make any choices there, but Henry County has to be considered an offensive machine. They'll have two D1 prospects in the backfield - Allen (UT Commit) at RB, and Teague (being heavily recruited by Miami, Tennessee, Clemson, just to name a few..) at QB. The offensive line should be strong again - WR's are the only concern.

I am actually more worried about our line than WR.

Hillsboro I could partially agree with, but Smyrna, not so sure. Losing Gray and Wilkes are HUGE losses for that Off.

Now the Smyrna D is another story!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Smyrna also lost their Offensive Coodinator as he is now the head man at Eagleville. Also the QB coach, Coach Robbins is at MTCS, and he made Sonny into the adapt QB that he was. They have had many coaching casualties and we shall see if they can come together and make the offense click again.

Smyrna also lost their Offensive Coodinator as he is now the head man at Eagleville. Also the QB coach, Coach Robbins is at MTCS, and he made Sonny into the adapt QB that he was. They have had many coaching casualties and we shall see if they can come together and make the offense click again.

Good point I wasn't aware of the major coaching overhaul that was done.

I say,this w/ hopeful caution: Ooltewah could have one of the most explosive offense in the state.They probably have the most athletic and gifted set of Recvrs. anywhere,but can the owls learn this new wide open offense and can they fine tune themselves? They have all,but 1 of the recordbreaking track team members,a QB w/ a cannon,and a stud running back(that has waited behind MARSHALL) for 3yrs. The only thing holding this team back is depth at OL and decision making. alot of LITTLE question marks,that can hopefully can be worked out quickly..if not the OWLS will be a good little ole team from chattanooga,that makes a little noise around town and maybe early on in the playoffs.

Based on the returners and talent level I would go with these 2 in West TN:

4A: Henry County

5A: Millington

I don't get see many of the teams so don't read too much into my post. Millington is loaded (again) and I expect great things. HC was really good last year and should be again. Kingsbury brings a dynamic runner back as well as some of the other 4A teams but I was looking at all around.

We appreciate the kind words from the north (Tipton County). But, We (Millington) lost our entire starting offensive backfield from last year. Freyerson-QB Knowlton and Simpson-RB and Justice-WR. Having said that, we do have a lot of young talent returning. The potential is definitely there to make another run at the state title . But till that potential translates on the field then It will just remain as potential. We anticipate a heckuva game in week one from your Munford team.