Elizabethton Football 2008

There is one big diference from last year having coach witten for a few weeks in practice to having been under him over a year now, there is more excitement on that field than last year i think that they will be a 6 or 7 win team. lok for them to improve week after week. The games they might lose are South, DB, tenn high and toss up with toppers.

Good Luck coach w. bring back the tradition

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the boys play against Va High on wednesday and it seems the line play IS better. It seems they are scheming a little bit more, which will help since they are a little undersized.

The QB play is critical. Ryan did really well at times then showed his inexperience at other times. The freshman, Berry I think, will be a player. He will challenge Thomas later in the season and next year for the # 1 job.

The running backs will be the workhorses. Carr and Forbes looked stellar and I hope their play continues to improve!

Go CYCLONES!!!!!

How did the Virginia Bearcats look? I read that they had 8 starters returning on both sides of the ball.

The Bearcats looked ok, but the Cyclones won 28-21 after letting a 21-7 lead diminish. The Boone scrimmage didn't go very well, they played like they were a little cocky and expected to run all over them.

What was the Boone score? How did Boone look? What to they have this year?

A friend from the school said that Boone won 55-14.

Your friend was right they hammered the CYCLONES ,we are still trying to cover the tightend!

But the good thing is it didnt mean nothing and brought the boys back down to earth. Better to happen now than in the season! Boone looked good and will probably get in the top three of the division but who knows what spot.

The CYCLONES looked great tonight against TENN>HIGH on defense but not on offense. SOUTH is by far the best of what was there tonight!

GO CYCLONES!

A source told me that a former Betsy standout Lester Bailey is now on the roster for the Big Orange of Tennessee this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I was told that his speed could put him on anybodies roster. But I remember him being of small statue. Anybody got the scoop?

A source told me that a former Betsy standout Lester Bailey is now on the roster for the Big Orange of Tennessee this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I was told that his speed could put him on anybodies roster. But I remember him being of small statue. Anybody got the scoop?

It's news to me but I wish him the best of luck. I remember watching him a few years back and boy could he fly.