Elizabethton Football 2008

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Betsy about #4 in your conference. But you will play better ball this year and be in all your games. And it is a funny shape ball, so who knows.

I agree Noon BUT... If they drastically improve line play and if Shawn is able to groom his young stud QB to execute and not try to carry the entire team on his shoulders, they could challenge for as high as the number two spot. If the line steps up Derek Carr could be the MLK MVP this season. And even if they don't he will get his /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ! Good luck Betsy.

How does Elizabethton stack up to the rest of the conference this season? The JV team who went 8-1 last season, including wins against DB and Tennessee High, are all juniors or seniors this year. Any thoughts on the upcoming season?

Betsy could be the surprise RI-4A Champion.

The underclassmen from last year were very strong. The South game is at Betsy this year and the Rebels play at the Vikings the next week. I do not think South can win both. So, I will reserve final comment until I have a chance to study the different schedules. They certainly have some chance to be very good.

I watched the boys play against Va High on wednesday and it seems the line play IS better. It seems they are scheming a little bit more, which will help since they are a little undersized.

The QB play is critical. Ryan did really well at times then showed his inexperience at other times. The freshman, Berry I think, will be a player. He will challenge Thomas later in the season and next year for the # 1 job.

The running backs will be the workhorses. Carr and Forbes looked stellar and I hope their play continues to improve!

Go CYCLONES!!!!!

I watched the boys play against Va High on wednesday and it seems the line play IS better. It seems they are scheming a little bit more, which will help since they are a little undersized.

The QB play is critical. Ryan did really well at times then showed his inexperience at other times. The freshman, Berry I think, will be a player. He will challenge Thomas later in the season and next year for the # 1 job.

The running backs will be the workhorses. Carr and Forbes looked stellar and I hope their play continues to improve!

Go CYCLONES!!!!!

That’s good to hear! IMO…how well the O line plays this year will be a good measuring stick on how secure their post season hopes are. If they continue to improve I don’t think there is any reason way we shouldn’t expect Elizabethton to be one of the last fours standing when the dust clears. Ryan is a pure athlete but he has a tendency to try to take things into his own hands when it’s not warranted. It’s not that he is a selfish player but sometimes he forgets that this aint pee wees anymore. You can’t just take off running and expect to take it to the house every time. From what I know of him he always wants to improve and get better. Shawn is a good fit for these guys because he knows exactly what they are thinking. It hasn’t been that long that he was in their shoes. It seems that another plus to him being the coach is that his families legacy has paved the way for him to be able to do his job without as much outside interference and criticism form people and parents that THINK they know it all!! Therefore he doesn’t have to spend a lot of valuable time proving himself. There are a lot of benefits that come from playing on Jason Witten little bros team, and this evidence will continue to show through year after year. MARK MY WORDS!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />