TTU lack of recruiting?

From the commitments that have already been announced from some of the top seniors, TTU missed some opportunities to help their team... Helton and Davis are huge missed opportunies for TTU. I love to watch local talent play at the hoop. wonder if the recruits will be in the state or out of state. With rumors whirling around about a coaching change... this want help recruitment.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Coach Brown time...While I agree two good ens got away...But do we know the story?? Plus, won't this be just her 2nd yeat as HC? I really believe she will get them back to OVC title contenders soon!

Bigdaddy I meant no disrepect towards amy. ( I know her personally) TTU is a good academic school, close to home and has a small town feel compared to UT and MTSU. I would personally like for helton and davis to have signed with tech so I could watch them play.....

Who knows?? recruiting isn't over by any means.. I also noticed that other standouts in the state have not signed with tech..> Just looks like she is having trouble recruiting so far this year But what do I know? I'm outside looking in. Just my observations...

I'm sure she was after them but it would be hard to turn down two of the top "mid-majors" out there for a rebuilding program.

I agree.

Bigdaddy I meant no disrepect towards amy. ( I know her personally) TTU is a good academic school, close to home and has a small town feel compared to UT and MTSU. I would personally like for helton and davis to have signed with tech so I could watch them play.....

Who knows?? recruiting isn't over by any means.. I also noticed that other standouts in the state have not signed with tech..> Just looks like she is having trouble recruiting so far this year But what do I know? I'm outside looking in. Just my observations...

No disrespect taken..I have known her all my life as well and Indian said what I was trying to with fewer words..TTU is rebuilding, but I do believe she will get them back to a competitve level. Plus UTC and Western are doing well right now. But, I am like you, outside looking in and wanting to see Tech do well. Would be sweeter with local talent!

I agree.

No disrespect taken..I have known her all my life as well and Indian said what I was trying to with fewer words..TTU is rebuilding, but I do believe she will get them back to a competitve level. Plus UTC and Western are doing well right now. But, I am like you, outside looking in and wanting to see Tech do well. Would be sweeter with local talent!

I think TTU was slowly declining before amy took the head coaching job. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Watched the master get ejected a few times. Worrell had legitamate gripes with the officials.

BTW I always thought amy would play in the wmba. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Glad she is coaching TTU. I just wish she was having success. Rumors whirling around that Jim Brown would be coaching TTU doesn't help the situation. Maybe this year the sleeper team in the ovc: Tech

Lets get real guys. IMO it has nothing to do with the way TTU is recruiting. Some kids are just not willing to stay home. Some like to adventure away from home even if it is within driving distance. I have no doubt Amy strongly recruited these two players but the players themselves preferred something else. Again it has NOTHING to do with TTU or Amy except maybe the fact that TTU/Cookeville is home.... This not only applies to basketball but volleyball, football or any other sport for that matter. My daughter was recruited by TTU for volleyball but chose to go away from home - had nothing to do with TTU's inability to recruit her.

Lets get real guys. IMO it has nothing to do with the way TTU is recruiting. Some kids are just not willing to stay home. Some like to adventure away from home even if it is within driving distance. I have no doubt Amy strongly recruited these two players but the players themselves preferred something else. Again it has NOTHING to do with TTU or Amy except maybe the fact that TTU/Cookeville is home.... This not only applies to basketball but volleyball, football or any other sport for that matter. My daughter was recruited by TTU for volleyball but chose to go away from home - had nothing to do with TTU's inability to recruit her.

Not playing the blame game here. Just making observations.

I am a student at TTU, and last year was one of the worst displays of politics that I have ever seen. With the lack of recruiting that they have had this year, they also lost one of there better prospects(Mendenhall). Some players parents didnt like that a Freshman got to play in front of there kids. Its a sad thing, its even sadder that Coach Brown fell into the pit of pressure. I am not a fan of Brown, she lets the team run wild on the court, and has the wrong girl trying to lead this team. Not trying to start anything, just an outsider/students view on things...

I am a student at TTU, and last year was one of the worst displays of politics that I have ever seen. With the lack of recruiting that they have had this year, they also lost one of there better prospects(Mendenhall). Some players parents didnt like that a Freshman got to play in front of there kids. Its a sad thing, its even sadder that Coach Brown fell into the pit of pressure. I am not a fan of Brown, she lets the team run wild on the court, and has the wrong girl trying to lead this team. Not trying to start anything, just an outsider/students view on things...

I hope you are wrong.

I have kept up with Mendenhall when she played 14U AAU.

Glidden from Lynville put up great numbers in HS, looks like the best in-state recruit for this fall.

Injuries cut the available bodies down to eight near the end of the season.

How many coaches can win in the OVC with only eight in their rotation. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />