TTU lack of recruiting?

I hope you are wrong.

I have kept up with Mendenhall when she played 14U AAU.

Glidden from Lynville put up great numbers in HS, looks like the best in-state recruit for this fall.

Injuries cut the available bodies down to eight near the end of the season.

How many coaches can win in the OVC with only eight in their rotation. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

MrsCoachMcWil..........wait....Im not going to say that. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you are wrong.

I have kept up with Mendenhall when she played 14U AAU.

Glidden from Lynville put up great numbers in HS, looks like the best in-state recruit for this fall.

Injuries cut the available bodies down to eight near the end of the season.

How many coaches can win in the OVC with only eight in their rotation. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Jimbo, I did go to Harpeth. We have went to school together since kindergarten. I think I would know. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

MrsCoachMcWil..........wait....Im not going to say that. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> OMG! I am just catching up from a short summer and I about choked glad to see the humor is still around.. bewise grasshopper they are big fish in this pond!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> OMG! I am just catching up from a short summer and I about choked glad to see the humor is still around.. bewise grasshopper they are big fish in this pond!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some are bigger than others /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Speaking of fish, I ate some really good catfish at helens restaurant the other night. Tasty!!!

When it cools down, I'm canoeing down the river and catching my own. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Amy Brown will do ok, she recieved a program on the way down losing the better athletes to graduation and other OVC schools getting more competive in womens BB. Some of the all time great coaches started slow and in time built a program and some inherited solid programs and had instant success, saying that lets give coach Brown time to use the talent she is recruiting to evaluate her preformance.

Amy Brown will do ok, she recieved a program on the way down losing the better athletes to graduation and other OVC schools getting more competive in womens BB. Some of the all time great coaches started slow and in time built a program and some inherited solid programs and had instant success, saying that lets give coach Brown time to use the talent she is recruiting to evaluate her preformance.

Amen to that.

Joe E. is commimg back on board as the head trainer for TTU. That's another pluss. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It's just really hard for coaches to get local kids to want to stay close to home. Their best bet is to be prepared for a call on down the line from those kids b/c they are "...too far away and want to come 'back'". Plus, it's not all doom and gloom: It is my understanding that they are getting 2 top notch kids from the 6A Alabama State champion...

• 2 weeks later...

Bigdaddy I meant no disrepect towards amy. ( I know her personally) TTU is a good academic school, close to home and has a small town feel compared to UT and MTSU. I would personally like for helton and davis to have signed with tech so I could watch them play.....

Who knows?? recruiting isn't over by any means.. I also noticed that other standouts in the state have not signed with tech..> Just looks like she is having trouble recruiting so far this year But what do I know? I'm outside looking in. Just my observations...

[i think Amy was handed an empty basket. Worrell did not do a very good job of getting all the good kids from the UC either. I know of 2 that ended up at apsu that came back and beat him. I sure hope Amy turns thigs around this year, and they let her stay. There are 5 outstanding girls in the uc that are juniors this year, and if she can get 2 or 3 of them, things will turn around real quick. I just hope she is given time to corrrect the down fall that was started long before she got the head job.

I cannot believe the playing experience Amy's has that she is not getting the job done. Plus on the job training from Worrell that Tech has reach the bottom in women's basketball. Everyone probably thinks that Tech was on the downside but she knew that the job would be her's in the near future. It is not like she did not have a say in recruiting girls. Personally I think this will be her last year. Then the other Brown will have the job. One more losing year Amy.