Jim Glover to coach JCM

Macnarry

The Jackson Sun is reporting that Jim Glover will be the new head coach at JCM. Jim was at Ridgeway last year and is the former head coach at Humboldt. He should do a good job and will bring some enthusiasm to the program. It is not an easy job, but maybe Coach Glover can win at JCM.

The Cougars will drop to 3A next year and that should help in the future. If they could ever get a new school built and new stadium, they might be able to get more players to come out for the team.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That`s nice to hear it has been confirmed by media. I guess the report that ReitzFan heard was wrong. And by the way...JCM could actually be a 2A team next year. 3A is a given, but if you look at last years numbers JCM was at the very bottom of current 3A schools in terms of numbers. Any slight dip in numbers this year could very easily put them in 2A for the next 4 years.

I`m excited about having Glover on board. I don`t know how permanent it will be but I feel good that he will turn the ship back in the right direction.

GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!

That`s nice to hear it has been confirmed by media. I guess the report that ReitzFan heard was wrong. And by the way...JCM could actually be a 2A team next year. 3A is a given, but if you look at last years numbers JCM was at the very bottom of current 3A schools in terms of numbers. Any slight dip in numbers this year could very easily put them in 2A for the next 4 years.

I`m excited about having Glover on board. I don`t know how permanent it will be but I feel good that he will turn the ship back in the right direction.

GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!

VG,

That report I heard was broadcast by Kieth Shirley from WNWS 101.5. Glover would have been named coach a few days ago, but there was some minor hang up in getting the I's dotted and the T's crossed. That is when 101.5 reported that Glover had turned down the job. Never the less, it's still rather silly that Principal Crump twiddled her thumbs for SEVEN months before finally choosing a coach. She definately put the football players from JCM behind the 8 ball.

Let's hope that Principal Crump gives Glover time to work with this team. It's not going to be an over night rebuild.

The Jackson Sun is reporting that Jim Glover will be the new head coach at JCM. Jim was at Ridgeway last year and is the former head coach at Humboldt. He should do a good job and will bring some enthusiasm to the program. It is not an easy job, but maybe Coach Glover can win at JCM.

The Cougars will drop to 3A next year and that should help in the future. If they could ever get a new school built and new stadium, they might be able to get more players to come out for the team.

Don't count on a new school any time soon. The county commission will not allow it. Besides, there are alot of school buildings in Madison County that should be replaced before a new JCM is built.

Never the less, it's still rather silly that Principal Crump twiddled her thumbs for SEVEN months before finally choosing a coach. She definately put the football players from JCM behind the 8 ball.

Let's hope that Principal Crump gives Glover time to work with this team. It's not going to be an over night rebuild.

It would have been great to have had a coach great months ago, but from what I hear about Glover he can get the rebuilding job done so I`m excited about that. It`s amazing (and sad) how fast the program fell in the last two years.

Thanx VG. We in Henry county are relieved and happy that this debacle has finally come to an end. We wish the team and new coach good luck and success ( with obvious exceptions)

Thanks. I`m happy too. It`s sad to have to wait this long because of the bureaucracy. Hopefully Coach Glover can get JCM back to at least being competitive this year. Winning only one game at JCM should have never, never happened last year. And to top that off they were mercy ruled in about half those games. I have no idea what we can expect from this years team but hopefully we can begin to turn it back around. JCM will be a 2A or 3A school after next year. Our low enrollment figures have not helped much against true 4A schools, but that still is no reason for such a poor showing the last two years.

Thanks. I`m happy too. It`s sad to have to wait this long because of the bureaucracy. Hopefully Coach Glover can get JCM back to at least being competitive this year. Winning only one game at JCM should have never, never happened last year. And to top that off they were mercy ruled in about half those games. I have no idea what we can expect from this years team but hopefully we can begin to turn it back around. JCM will be a 2A or 3A school after next year. Our low enrollment figures have not helped much against true 4A schools, but that still is no reason for such a poor showing the last two years.

Because of "bureaucracy?? No, it's because nobody wanted to work for Principal VSC. Her 2 male asst. Principals quit out of frustration this past spring(said they couldn't work with her)

. Numerous coaches turned the football job down. Principal VSC offered to a guy from Memphis who didn't have a teaching certificate (the central office had to intervene) Coach Hampton did great his first 2 years with support of the administration...then VSC comes along and...bang...the program goes south..did Coach Hampton get stupid overnight?? I think not. Mark my word..Coach Glover will be there ONE year.

Because of "bureaucracy?? No, it's because nobody wanted to work for Principal VSC. Her 2 male asst. Principals quit out of frustration this past spring(said they couldn't work with her)

. Numerous coaches turned the football job down. Principal VSC offered to a guy from Memphis who didn't have a teaching certificate (the central office had to intervene) Coach Hampton did great his first 2 years with support of the administration...then VSC comes along and...bang...the program goes south..did Coach Hampton get stupid overnight?? I think not. Mark my word..Coach Glover will be there ONE year.

Yes a lot of bureaucracy. The coach from Memphis was suppose to be receiving his certificate this spring and seemed very qualified.

Coach Hampton had the benefit his first two years of kids that were coached by hardegree for two and three years. In Hampton`s second year when they won the region championship that group of seniors had a large group of kids that were undefeated during their years at Tigrett and then went on to be undefeated when they comprised the freshman team at JCM. The next year they only win half their games. The seniors from that class had 3 years under Hampton. Everyone should have seen what was coming last year. That team was comprised of a full team that had only one coach during their high school years and that was Coach Hampton.

I certainly don`t hope you are blaming the poor play of the football team on Mrs. Crump. Coach Hardegree and Hampton were like night and day especially from an organizational standpoint.

Yes a lot of bureaucracy. The coach from Memphis was suppose to be receiving his certificate this spring and seemed very qualified.

Coach Hampton had the benefit his first two years of kids that were coached by hardegree for two and three years. In Hampton`s second year when they won the region championship that group of seniors had a large group of kids that were undefeated during their years at Tigrett and then went on to be undefeated when they comprised the freshman team at JCM. The next year they only win half their games. The seniors from that class had 3 years under Hampton. Everyone should have seen what was coming last year. That team was comprised of a full team that had only one coach during their high school years and that was Coach Hampton.

I certainly don`t hope you are blaming the poor play of the football team on Mrs. Crump. Coach Hardegree and Hampton were like night and day especially from an organizational standpoint.

Yeah, hard to fail with Borner, Boykin, Hogsett, and company.

JCM will not be down long. Bolivar went from winless in 2005 to 9 wins last year. There will be talent at JCM. A decent coach can strike gold there.