How long before recruiters start coming to J.Fred Johnson to see Chris

dbFAN91

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummmm i would say he will be watched some this year and watched very closely his junior and senior seasons. He is one HECK of a player and is going to be the next great one at DB.

I have been watching this kid since he played at the boys club in Kingsport. As good as he is at finding the end zone,

he is even better at linebacker. Unfortunatley, most people will probably never get to see that side of his game. He a Ray Lewis type player. He plays so hard at linebacker he either hurts the man he hits or hurts hiself. He could change the game plan for the other team in the first couple possesions. He is that good. In my opinion, he is a D1 prospect at linebacker before running back, but he is athletic enough to do that also.

I have heard the coaches and others say he would easliy be the best linebacker on the team and maybe the best in TN period. He will be recruited by major colleges and he might be recruited as a linebacker. He is just starting the 10th grade, so this time next year the buzz will be rolling about him.

Way to early for this conversation. I'd wait a year or two. He's only a soph. He would probably have to pretty much double what he did last year to make all state this year. And you can bet everybody DB plays will be gunning for him.

I think Chris has all the tools to be a D1 player but he needs to get thru 3 years without any major injury. So why put too much pressure on the kid?

I think Chris has all the tools to be a D1 player but he needs to get thru 3 years without any major injury. So why put too much pressure on the kid?

He has football speed..... He is as fast as he needs to be at any given moment. In a sprint race without pads i would guess in the range of 4.5-4.7, but on the field with pads on and his blood pumping probably sub 4.5. His power and strenth , as well as his detemination are his strong points. Maybe on a team with more depth he plays fullback & linebacker, but on this team he is needed at runningback. I strongly believe he will be a linebacker at the next level. Just for the simple fact 4.5 speed is a dime a dozen.