the new kid

bamaboy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by warrior2024:

People, Goodpasture recruits! Everyone in the state of Tennessee knows this. It is not an earth shattering discovery that the school recruits. this is what PRIVATE schools do. I think people should quit crying foul over the recruitment thing and find other ways to beat them.

Warrior....I live in West TN. So when you say that everyone in the state knows something, then you include me in that. I don`t know anything about Goodpasture. Since you seem to be an expert on Goodpasture and their recruiting, would you please give me an example or two of kids that were recruited? You know, I abhor cheating, but I also abhor people who say things and can`t back them up. So would you mind either putting up or shutting up? I don`t think that is an unreasonable request. If you have any facts, I`ll call the TSSAA on monday.

Thanks VG

Posted by warrior2024:

People, Goodpasture recruits! Everyone in the state of Tennessee knows this. It is not an earth shattering discovery that the school recruits. this is what PRIVATE schools do. I think people should quit crying foul over the recruitment thing and find other ways to beat them.

You know something...I know there are people on here who want to see some changes regarding public schools and private schools, but this post by warrior offends me and it should offend everyone else as well. I`m talking about the ELA`s, the Caesar`s, the pujo`s etc....just to name a few. I know we have had some enlightened discussions on the matter, but when someone comes on here and states that...

"People, Goodpasture recruits! Everyone in the state of Tennessee knows this. It is not an earth shattering discovery that the school recruits. this is what PRIVATE schools do."

then evryone should be offended. I`m all for following the rules. If a school cheats, then they should be punished whether they are a public or private school. (and public schools do cheat. There is one in Jackson that was punished for breaking rules a year or so ago) It just upsets me that when someone comes on here and makes blatant staements about a particular school or some schools in general cheating, that none of you guys want to step up and say something about it. You just ignore it and let it go as fact. Aren`t you interested in what evidence he has or had you just rather sit silent and let the myth grow that all private schools are evil? C`mon...your silence is deafening. This guy is implicating that all private schools cheat and yet you stand by and say nothing. Do you actually care about the truth or are your predjudices such that you simply let it go?

Actually I missed that post, VG.

It is likely some kid who really wouldn't know.

BUT, let's say his statements were true. TSSAA is in a position right now where they don't know if they can enforce their own rules or not.

I'm sure you've noticed my recent posts on this subject. We are talking about another private school here. I think it is nothing more than a wild statement, but TSSAA does not need to get in any deeper over their head than they already are.

So, warrior likely only wanted to take a shot at a school(or types of schools) he does not like. You and I may not agree with it, but we all make some rather pugilistic remarks from time to time. I know I do.

Just getting around to reading this thread.

What a joke.

With all due respect to Goodpasture, no man is uprooting his family from the state of Georgia JUST so his son - prior year state champion or not, muscles and speed or not - can attend Goodpasture in Tennessee. No man in Georgia would do it JUST so his son could attend any of the more established private schools, or even a top flight public school. Like VG said, this boy is coming here most likely because his father (or mother) got a good job offer in the area.

That's it folks. Save your conspiracy theories for more worthy examples.

It`s just real apparent that there are a lot of very biased folks on here. I don`t think you are one of them. It just amazes me how someone can post something like warrior and not one person cares to ask for some type of proof. I went to public elementary, private high school and now am a public parent. At present, i have to lay my trust that each and every school follows by the rules as laid out by the TSSAA. I have to trust that Goodpasture is rule abiding. If they are not, I want them punished. But when someone says that Goodpasture cheats, then more people ought to speak up. For that matter, saying that all private schools cheat ought to be insulting to everyone on this board. Does everyone think that all private schools CHEAT!If they have evidence that there is cheating going on and want to share it here then that is fine. But by just making blanket statements that can hurt the reputation of a school shouldn`t be tolerated. I`m disgusted with board moderators that such posts aren`t just deleted. They are very inflamatory and serve no purpose. There`s no difference in a post like that and one that someone calls a particular person a bad name. I hope that all board moderators read this post and take notice. I don`t think we need such blanket inflamatory statements on this board. If there is proof behind it, then so be it. Otherwise, the moderators should be more insistent with people to not make such statements. If I were to start a thread on the football board that such and such public coach is a cheater, then I think I would hear about it. Or if I said that Maryville is the cheatingest high school in the state, then people would respond. Do you think I should try it and see. I could just constantly repeat it. It may not be true, but eventually it would tarnish the image of Maryville. I just wish more people would see the insaneness of posts like warrior`s and urge him to cease. There`s just no need for that kind of stuff here. If that`s what this website is for, then I`m outta here.

I agree with you, VG. I have asked plenty of the accusors on other threads to "put up or shut up" when it comes to recruiting allegations, and not only has no one provided anything, but most have ignored the question altogther and drifted away into seclusion as it relates to that topic (I guess that's called "shutting up"). I don't ask any more because I already know what response I will get - none.

That being said, are there private school offenders out there? Sure, probably so. I am on record on this site a few months back that, during my playing days in the mid-80s, I had friends and teammates who received "overtures" from two private schools prior to their coming to my school. I am reluctant to say that it's the same story today, 15-20 years later, because I'm not in the high school "mix" as much now; however, I don't think it's coincidental that the allegations that occur on this board center around two schools primarily - and those two schools are the ones that my buddies were contacted by years ago.

I am a staunch private school supporter (that doesn't mean I am anti-public either), but like you, VG, and others, I don't condone cheating. If a private school cheats - even if it's my own - then my support would fade for that school.

By the way, VG - I don't see you leaving this website. Like me and many others, you are addicted! Ever go to bed at night thinking about how you're going to respond to a post on a topic that hasn't even been posted yet? That lets me know I'm addicted!

[Edited by rollredroll on 7/29/02 10:18P]

Yes Volgen...I have sat here and said nothing because I have been busy lately...but you are right. It should offend everyone, and it does offend me, but let them think what they want. That is a person who is just jealous of Goodpastures team, let him think what he wants. My basketball team lost to Goodpasture 4 years ago when they had two 6'8 guys...one was named Lucas Brohmine...I could sit here and talk about how they recruited then and all that stuff, but that serves no purpose. The people who comment on this board love to talk about how publics are forced to play privates. Yet they never comment on the problems D2 has, they just don't say a word about it. I already talked about how you couldn't put certain numbers or quotas on schools or people (see the Title IX) thread. Certain individuals chose not to respond to that after I proved them wrong, particularly about the money that D1 colleges make. I have to be careful what I post now because it always is taken the wrong way. There are also many people on this site that just flat out lie about their positions or jobs. People claim to be college administrators, or coaches...yet when I ask them questions they seem to not know, or refuse to comment on it. There are people on this board that always pump their own team up and promise they will win state (remember during baseball season, everyone said their team would win state...Farragut, THS, Maryville etc. Yet no one said Germantown when Gtown was ranked #5 in the country, granted GHS didn't win...but at the time no one knew that). I use this board now to add players to the site in hopes of getting them publication. When I post my opinion, no one responds, or when I disprove them they choose not to talk about it. That's fine, I take that as they don't have anything else to say about that. By VolGen saying...where is your proof and that individual not responding, we can assume that he has no proof either, but what he has said has already left its mark. Many people on this board talk about things that don't even effect them. We have adults on here who bad mouth private school football teams, yet there team doesn't play them, nor will never see them unless its the state champiionship. If I got on here and just talked about how bad small public schools are, that would be stupid. I wasn't raised around them, and never played them, so I shouldn't respond to things about that. ELA you never commented on the fact that privates like Harding bench kids if they aren't doing well in school...Does it hurt you that privates take more of a stand on academics then schools like yours (not saying yours cus I don't know if you suspend kids for their grades). Last time I asked you a question, I was warned, and called a jerk, even though I still think it is a perfectly straight forward question, and if he asked me if I was happy being a private school graduate from stupid West TN, I would have answered it...keep in mind, this is on the offchance that someone reads my post, which apparently people just skim through this.