the new kid

bamaboy

Guest MailMan

If we could get back on subject a little...

Ego said something about Goodpasture having two 6'8 guys four years ago. I think the other one's name was Albert Hacker. He attended Holy Rosary Academy until the 8th grade. In case you didn't know HRA is a parochial school were almost all the kids that graduate there go on to high school at Father Ryan. Well I think in Albert's case he went to Brentwood Academy for his freshmen year then transfered to Goodpasture.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never worked in a public high school where athletes get benched for poor grades, unless they fail to meet the TSSAA mandate of earning 6 of 8 credits during the previous school year. The reason we have a standard is so that all schools have to hold their athletes to this as the minimum requirements. Our grading scale is the same as yours (95-100=A, etc.) but if you can't earn at least a "C" at my school, you just aren't rying very hard! We are bound by whatever policy our school board establishes in this regard.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by warrior2024:

People, Goodpasture recruits! Everyone in the state of Tennessee knows this. It is not an earth shattering discovery that the school recruits. this is what PRIVATE schools do.

Warrior -- prove it. Please, someone, anyone, prove it with facts instead of assumptions!

... "recruit" (verb) 1. to fill up the number of, 2. to enlist new members of, 3. to secure the services of... since private schools must secure the attendance of students through enticement to register and since these selfsame private schools have no mandated system of feeder schools, the said schools MUST necessarily "recrit" prospective students to attend... i.e. Warrior's statement was essentially correct, although admittedly not however in the sense he/she actually intended... ;)

Posted by nonews:

... "recruit" (verb) 1. to fill up the number of, 2. to enlist new members of, 3. to secure the services of... since private schools must secure the attendance of students through enticement to register and since these selfsame private schools have no mandated system of feeder schools, the said schools MUST necessarily "recrit" prospective students to attend... i.e. Warrior's statement was essentially correct, although admittedly not however in the sense he/she actually intended... :(

How bout the Billboards Ezell has up in Nashville...where we educated give u good chrstian teachings... and oh yea WE PlAY A Little BALL