Shelby County teams could bring home two balls, maybe three.

Galilee

WTNOFF I can read between the lines from this post and your others what you are attempting to say. I hope you do not officate at any all black schools.

Gee whiz, what don't you understand. Millington is loaded. If they run the football, they should be dominant!! Throwing the football at inappropriate times cost them last year. Simple enough. Melrose has very good athletes and their coaching staff does a very good job. They have an excellent opportunity. I think Mitchell has very good athletes also but, I think they get outcoached in what turns out to be big, pivotal games. That's my opinion. Two of the three have a chance. As far as your comment about me officiating games involving all black schools (and that's is almost all of the city schools), I've been doing this for a lot of years and my rating sheet is one of the best! (FYI the rating sheet scores are submitted by the coaches themselves). As I've said earlier, one's character and integrity is perhaps the most important thing an individual can posses. I try and not mess it up!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the awesome atmosphere. I coached in a game there once and had to deal with melrose people trying to come onto our sideline, their fans (grown 50 yr old men) trying to fight our kids and not to mention the funny smelling cloud that hung over the stadium. I like the way they are for their team and some other city school teams could take a FEW notes, but not a place I would let my wife and son come watch me coach at.

I remember when the Melrose came to Dyersburg a few years back...They were LOADED With D-1 players...stormed out to a BIG LEAD....Think this was 1999 maybe...Anyway Dyersburg was UNDEFEATED and rated #1...Josh Dye came in for Hunter Hart and led a BIG COMEBACK that fell short....And the fans..I appreciate supporting your team...BUT WHISKEY BOTTLES. were dropped on the concrete...Weed smell was in the air...and As Dyersburg was making their COMEBACK I left...I turned on the radio and I could hear the announcers TELLING THE MELROSE FANS TO GET DOWN..."WE ARE NOT RUNNING THE CLOCK"....I think a few even tried to climb the ladder going to the pressbox...Anyway THAT IS THE REASON Dyersburg now sits on the sideline UNDER THE PRESSBOX...It was designated for the visiting team for years...I have always heard that MELROSE was the reason we changed sides...