leader

bball1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is "EVERYONE" at Cleveland is "YOUNG". The Players and especially the Coach. Everyone has gotta learn how to play and "WIN" big games and the "COACH" gotta learn how to coach in big games and win. Not those 30 point blowouts which look good in the paper the next day and get you rated, but those games which test your level of play and coaching. Just gotta hope everyone ages quickly or all that talent will be here and gone and fans will be left to wonder and ponder nothing but individual accomplishments and NO TEAM accomplishments.

YES,I agree they are young, but i dont think they are going to be able to paly together as a team, They have two D1 players on that team in Buckelew,and Rogers. i just think the team concept is not there, I mean bradley had less tallent and made it to the sub state go figure.

Cleveland probably has as much talent as anyone, if they play as a team. Where they get into trouble is they really dont have a superstar who can take over the game and keep team-mates involved as well. Just scoring dont make you a superstar. When they go to the one-on-one game, everyone else just stands around and then, its ONE on 5, and no matter how good the ONE is, the 5 will win. Thats the "YOUTH" and inexperienced of the Coach too. Shes got to take control. Stop looking at the Assts. Believe me, the girls pay attention to how the HEAD COACH reacts when things get sticky, and they usually respond accordingly. Thats where Bradley holds the edge.

Yep...saw both games...both games proves exactly what I said earlier...Everyone that will be honest knows Cleveland had more raw talent last year. Championship game was SCOTT, SCOTT,SCOTT...anyone ever heard of a double team and let someone else beat you. Against Brainerd, Brainerd actually did Cleveland a favor trying to stall in the 2nd half. They were killing Cleveland inside and outside, one on one match-ups. Brainerd was quicker and more athletic..But cleveland was right there....more experience all around, players and coaching...who knows....

[Edited by GottaHaveHeart on 8/1/02 7:25A]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest momof3

If you ask me everyone on that cleveland team have just as much chance to do good. Especially that point guard holly and wing tiffany bucklew... i watched holly play this summer and i think she has realized her roll as a passer she has gotten alot smarter with the ball and knows who needs to be shooting and tiffany bucklew is definutly one of the girls who needs the ball! i cant wait to watch them two play together.They are both awesome leaders and put the time in to be good so good luck and work together and yall two well be successful