Warriors of Jasper vs Pirates of South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Guess we have a very young poster here.Here are the facts.Defending 1-A champs.SP has great players returning.David Jones has at least 5 D-1 offers at this posting.Montrell Mitchell and Kartrez Bibbs both will be offered free rides.Terrell Robinson and Jijuan Fennell,both D-1 prospects as juniors.This team has been thru the wars.Yes I noted individuals.But this is a team led by 14 seniors.Back in 90's Jasper had it like that.Now it's SP's time! Wonder if we'll hear from you after the game......

[/quote Very young /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> but keep hope alive .You had 4 that was suppose to go play collegeball last year 2 left.Ill help you out and dedicate this season of the pirates and the season they come back down to earth your no Marryville or Alcoa!

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCHSFAN2008 is wondering why South Pittsburg is "counting heavy on the bluff"? Other than getting scored on they didnt look that bad to me...

As much as I hate to admit it Jasper looked like the 2nd best team there. They are much improved over last years team. I'm not sure LV was much of a challenge since they were without 8 or 10 players and they are in a rebuilding year and they don't have anywhere near the speed they had last year. The going up the middle at SP will be a little tougher. Jasper's players taunting the SP players was probably not a smart move....added a lot of motivation to a pretty motivated bunch.

The stage has been set for this one. Both clubs have many living legends on their respective sides. This game may even produce a couple of new legends. I love football and I always love watching these two go at. It is one of the most intense games I watch each season. I noticed that Marion County now has several living legends walking their sidelines. I saw several faces that lead his Marion troops to many wins when they were in the spotlight. Marion County has a legend coach in the making and So Pitt also has legends. This game will come down to some of the intangibles. If Marion and South Pitt supporters want to go at it, we could always set up that wrestling ring in the endzone for some halftime entertainment for all of us. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The stage has been set for this one. Both clubs have many living legends on their respective sides. This game may even produce a couple of new legends. I love football and I always love watching these two go at. It is one of the most intense games I watch each season. I noticed that Marion County now has several living legends walking their sidelines. I saw several faces that lead his Marion troops to many wins when they were in the spotlight. Marion County has a legend coach in the making and So Pitt also has legends. This game will come down to some of the intangibles. If Marion and South Pitt supporters want to go at it, we could always set up that wrestling ring in the endzone for some halftime entertainment for all of us. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good to see ya! Man, it aint Coach T without the Living Legend.

Legend how are you? Good to see a poster of some reason appear.Hope you enjoy this game.

Good to hear from you too SmashMouth. It's been awhile since I saw a legend like yourself around. I have been waiting for Sequatchie Valley football to start up. I wanted to see all of the valley teams in action at the jamboree before I gave my first report of the season. It looked like there were many improved teams in the valley this season.

For some one to be from SP and no the trash talking that goes on there, I think its funny that you bring that up! News flash no Robert Robinson or Weatherspoon and there line is terrible . There good but not great ,and as far as SP not going into this game over confident i remember a couple years ago SP ranked 2 in the state going to marion county over confident my cousin played on that team and at the end of the night the excuses started . My cousin plays for them now Johnathon Sellers ,But i think they will win there region and have good season not Great!

For some one to be from SP and no the trash talking that goes on there, I think its funny that you bring that up! News flash no Robert Robinson or Weatherspoon and there line is terrible . There good but not great ,and as far as SP not going into this game over confident i remember a couple years ago SP ranked 2 in the state going to marion county over confident my cousin played on that team and at the end of the night the excuses started . My cousin plays for them now Johnathon Sellers ,But i think the will win there region and have good season not Great!

To your latter posts.Sorry SP does have at this point several D-1 prospects.David Jones is the most heavily recruited player in Marion county since Eddie Moore.With more offers at the same point.Terrell and JiJuan are getting the same looks as he was by some of the same D-1 schools.Montrell and Kartrez will get to schools as well.It's not me talking it's the people who do this for a living.Sorry that you can't put hate aside and acknowledge these young men for what they have accomplished so far.Now as for the rivalry.Tradition and valor loom large in this affair.Jasper does have hope in these 2 aspects.Let's hope for a better game than the last 2yrs.The young men will do all the business on the field.We hope that you are safe when you are deployed to Iraq.2008army

As much as I hate to admit it Jasper looked like the 2nd best team there. They are much improved over last years team. I'm not sure LV was much of a challenge since they were without 8 or 10 players and they are in a rebuilding year and they don't have anywhere near the speed they had last year. The going up the middle at SP will be a little tougher. Jasper's players taunting the SP players was probably not a smart move....added a lot of motivation to a pretty motivated bunch.

I was waiting to see who from Pittsburg would say that LV wasnt much of a challenge.Looks like i didnt have to wait long.. Lets see, SM was a JV team that shouldnt have even come close to scoring on that talented D. This proves my point that you should never look past a team that you believe should be a push over team. Thanks South Pittsburg for proving my point....

As for the Marion players taunting the SP players, Im sure those Pirates never have taunted another team right? Your right it did add a lot of motivation to the team..Just hope SP is is just as motivated as the Warriors.

Guess we have a very young poster here.Here are the facts.Defending 1-A champs.SP has great players returning.David Jones has at least 5 D-1 offers at this posting.Montrell Mitchell and Kartrez Bibbs both will be offered free rides.Terrell Robinson and Jijuan Fennell,both D-1 prospects as juniors.This team has been thru the wars.Yes I noted individuals.But this is a team led by 14 seniors.Back in 90's Jasper had it like that.Now it's SP's time! Wonder if we'll hear from you after the game......

My take on this whole matter is that I think Marion has a chance to be a really good team this year. The off-season work is going to pay off with more speed this year and enthusiasm also. I am like zone though and don't think taunting the pirates is the way to sneak up on them and pull the upset. The pirates have a chance to be a really great team this year. Pirates are loaded with speed, as usual, and I think that Vic knows what he is doing with the line not playing both ways. The line may struggle early, but with the games that really count, the region isn't going to be contested at all, so by the time the playoffs start, the line play will be paying huge dividends. As for the game, I will be the first to say that the pirates should be the favorites, they have the better team and more speed. With that being said, this is marions best chance for an upset in a while. I think to be able to win they will have to have a little luck on their side maybe from some costly turnovers and things such as that. As far as seeing SP going 7-3, I highly doubt that......maybe 9-1 a stretch at 8-2 if marion pulls off the unthinkable, but more than likely 10-0 and another state title in the trophy case, and I hope they bring another one home, but if they lose one I hope it is to the warriors.

As far as all the D-1 prospects, bossbro, I know that you are very proud of your son, and you should be. I met you last year at a playoff game and you and your son are class acts and I think he deserves all the hype that he gets. He is a stud running back at the highschool level, and as a two-star prospect he has several big time schools calling. This is a tribute to his working hard through school and his academics also. You mentioned his final five as being TN, Vandy, Auburn, AL and Memphis or ms st, not quite sure bout the last one, but those are all great schools. Guess he could play RB at Vandy, ms st or mem, but more than likely, with a 4.6 would be a saftey at the other three?? Maybe a little small for linebacker at TN, AU, and ALA?? I am thinking he is a little shorter than Eric Westmoreland was. I hope it all works out and he picks the best school for him, and I also hope he has a great senior year.......other than the first game.

Terrell Robinson is an excellent athlete, who at this point may be better at basketball, but this year appears to change that. He looked really good in the jamboree, and there is no doubt that he will get some looks. Kartrez and Montrell, with their speed will definitely get some looks to go to college and continue their careers, and Jijuan Finnel has great bloodlines and he has the size, but bodywise, probably needs a lot of work to be a true D-1 talent. Good luck to the warriors this season and to the pirates after the first game.

I was waiting to see who from Pittsburg would say that LV wasnt much of a challenge.Looks like i didnt have to wait long.. Lets see, SM was a JV team that shouldnt have even come close to scoring on that talented D. This proves my point that you should never look past a team that you believe should be a push over team. Thanks South Pittsburg for proving my point....

As for the Marion players taunting the SP players, Im sure those Pirates never have taunted another team right? Your right it did add a lot of motivation to the team..Just hope SP is is just as motivated as the Warriors.

Just being honest about LV. They are just not very good right now. Ask Coach Boeck or any of the other coaches what they thought of them. You are right about SM scoring on us..shouldn't have happened but they are a pretty good team to only be playing a JV schedule. Hey even Temple scored a passing TD against last years state championship team and they were terrible...it happens....players get out of postion, you get caught on a stunt, etc. SM's QB and recievers have impressed me every time I have seen them in action. IMO if they played in our region they would make the playoffs this year. I think SM would put 40+ on LV if they played Friday night. Just so you will know we also had David Jones (starting LB), Ty Robinson (starting DB) and Terrell Robinson (starting FS) standing on the sidelines for our defensive series. 2 of the 3 will be in there for the jasper game

I don't like it when any player taunts....including ours. I was just making a point that it was not very good timing to be taunting the SP players and coaches with THE big game coming up in 2 weeks

My take on this whole matter is that I think Marion has a chance to be a really good team this year. The off-season work is going to pay off with more speed this year and enthusiasm also. I am like zone though and don't think taunting the pirates is the way to sneak up on them and pull the upset. The pirates have a chance to be a really great team this year. Pirates are loaded with speed, as usual, and I think that Vic knows what he is doing with the line not playing both ways. The line may struggle early, but with the games that really count, the region isn't going to be contested at all, so by the time the playoffs start, the line play will be paying huge dividends. As for the game, I will be the first to say that the pirates should be the favorites, they have the better team and more speed. With that being said, this is marions best chance for an upset in a while. I think to be able to win they will have to have a little luck on their side maybe from some costly turnovers and things such as that. As far as seeing SP going 7-3, I highly doubt that......maybe 9-1 a stretch at 8-2 if marion pulls off the unthinkable, but more than likely 10-0 and another state title in the trophy case, and I hope they bring another one home, but if they lose one I hope it is to the warriors.

As far as all the D-1 prospects, bossbro, I know that you are very proud of your son, and you should be. I met you last year at a playoff game and you and your son are class acts and I think he deserves all the hype that he gets. He is a stud running back at the highschool level, and as a two-star prospect he has several big time schools calling. This is a tribute to his working hard through school and his academics also. You mentioned his final five as being TN, Vandy, Auburn, AL and Memphis or ms st, not quite sure bout the last one, but those are all great schools. Guess he could play RB at Vandy, ms st or mem, but more than likely, with a 4.6 would be a saftey at the other three?? Maybe a little small for linebacker at TN, AU, and ALA?? I am thinking he is a little shorter than Eric Westmoreland was. I hope it all works out and he picks the best school for him, and I also hope he has a great senior year.......other than the first game.

Terrell Robinson is an excellent athlete, who at this point may be better at basketball, but this year appears to change that. He looked really good in the jamboree, and there is no doubt that he will get some looks. Kartrez and Montrell, with their speed will definitely get some looks to go to college and continue their careers, and Jijuan Finnel has great bloodlines and he has the size, but bodywise, probably needs a lot of work to be a true D-1 talent. Good luck to the warriors this season and to the pirates after the first game.

Thanks for the kind words sir,But David is a legit 4.5.David and Eric see eye to eye as well.Also Fennel needs work.I won't say the schools ,but i've been asked about him already from major recruiters.Yes we hope for a great game from Marion County.