Warriors of Jasper vs Pirates of South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

There was some hearsay here in SP that Boeck took credit for the strength and conditioning workout of the 2007 Pirates. It is a funny thing to me that Coach Hale was the one that actually took care of this from my sources….and the line play was improved by none other than coach Dave Baxter. You remember him, he was a former coach of the Warriors that they ran out of town after a couple of seasons. Boeck may be a good coach, but all I have seen and heard about the Jasper players is not the type of leadership that I would want for my child. Running your mouth at a team that has handed you your hinny the last 2 years is not a smart thing to do.

What I meant earlier about Jasper running the I formation, it is a basic offense. You don’t have to have exceptional athletes to run it. This is not a knock to the Warrior players, just that they might have a coach that understands that you have to run the offense that fits your personnel. If you run a simple offense, there is less chance of a missed assignments.

The single wing should have been scrapped 10 years before it was at SP. The offense was outdated and when I played, we did not have the players to run it effectively. This is not a knock on the late Coach Grider. He was a great man and coach, but his philosophy was old school (3 yards and a cloud of dust). If we got behind by a couple of touchdowns when I played, we were pretty much beat because the single wing is really a ball control/time consuming offense Since we have changed offenses, we have won 3 state titles. Maybe you will understand this Squaw, but I doubt it.

You have your opinion about Coach Boeck and I have mine and that is fine! As for Coach Hale and Coach Baxter I have nothing but respect! Don't know what you've heard about the Jasper players or their leadership skills but evidently we have a difference of opinion there 2. As far as a single wing goes that would have to mean you were a freshman when you ran it but then Coach Wilson took over and changed the whole offense and defense schemes! (right?) Now that was my point! I understand more than you want to give me credit for! Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I don't understand football and I really don't care for the stereotyping! By the way can you tell me what offense Coach Wilson ran while he was coaching? If memory serves me correctly it was the power I. I can also tell you that underestimating the WARRIORS may come back and bite YOU in the hinny!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on that one /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

My apologizes to all for my profanity next time I will make sure I use the word /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> butt......

"There was some hearsay here in SP that Boeck took credit for the strength and conditioning workout of the 2007 Pirates. It is a funny thing to me that Coach Hale was the one that actually took care of this from my sources…."

boeck seems like that type of guy. not to rattle anyones chain or anything

You have your opinion about Coach Boeck and I have mine and that is fine! As for Coach Hale and Coach Baxter I have nothing but respect! Don't know what you've heard about the Jasper players or their leadership skills but evidently we have a difference of opinion there 2. As far as a single wing goes that would have to mean you were a freshman when you ran it but then Coach Wilson took over and changed the whole offense and defense schemes! (right?) Now that was my point! I understand more than you want to give me credit for! Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I don't understand football and I really don't care for the stereotyping! By the way can you tell me what offense Coach Wilson ran while he was coaching? If memory serves me correctly it was the power I. I can also tell you that underestimating the WARRIORS may come back and bite YOU in the hinny!!!

Some people do have rose colored glasses on. I am a Big Marion fan, but I am definitely not getting on here and running my mouth about what the Warriors are going to do to the pirates. I can see the game close, like Geno said for the first half with SP pulling away late. For Marion to have a chance they can't turn the ball over at all and give the pirates extra possesions. With the explosiveness that they have, being able to score in a couple of plays, you just can't turn it over. 94, you are right about the I-formation being a ball control offense, although I think they are running the option out of it also, but that is what marion has to do to stay in the game. They can't try to have a shootout with the pirates. Also, they must turn the pirates over several times to be in the game late.

You have your opinion about Coach Boeck and I have mine and that is fine! As for Coach Hale and Coach Baxter I have nothing but respect! Don't know what you've heard about the Jasper players or their leadership skills but evidently we have a difference of opinion there 2. As far as a single wing goes that would have to mean you were a freshman when you ran it but then Coach Wilson took over and changed the whole offense and defense schemes! (right?) Now that was my point! I understand more than you want to give me credit for! Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I don't understand football and I really don't care for the stereotyping! By the way can you tell me what offense Coach Wilson ran while he was coaching? If memory serves me correctly it was the power I. I can also tell you that underestimating the WARRIORS may come back and bite YOU in the hinny!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'm with you on the women and football. Mine don't think I know anything either.

Some people do have rose colored glasses on. I am a Big Marion fan, but I am definitely not getting on here and running my mouth about what the Warriors are going to do to the pirates. I can see the game close, like Geno said for the first half with SP pulling away late. For Marion to have a chance they can't turn the ball over at all and give the pirates extra possesions. With the explosiveness that they have, being able to score in a couple of plays, you just can't turn it over. 94, you are right about the I-formation being a ball control offense, although I think they are running the option out of it also, but that is what marion has to do to stay in the game. They can't try to have a shootout with the pirates. Also, they must turn the pirates over several times to be in the game late.

Just wondering how do you think that I am running my mouth? I have said that the Warriors are gonna give the pirates a run for their money and that it will not be a runaway game. If you are such a big fan of the Warriors you are showing little confidence in Warrior team. If all fans were like you then no the Warriors wouldn't have a chance against sp! Thank God they have true faithful fans out there that do support them wholeheartedly and don't write them off before the season has even started. With fans like you what team needs enemies. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

SP will win not only with the run, but with the run and the pass! I don't look for it to be close! I wish Jasper the best of luck with the season, but the luck isn't going to start in this game! I think everyone will be suprised with how this game turns out, SP will win it big and it wont be as close as alot think! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Just wondering how do you think that I am running my mouth? I have said that the Warriors are gonna give the pirates a run for their money and that it will not be a runaway game. If you are such a big fan of the Warriors you are showing little confidence in Warrior team. If all fans were like you then no the Warriors wouldn't have a chance against sp! Thank God they have true faithful fans out there that do support them wholeheartedly and don't write them off before the season has even started. With fans like you what team needs enemies. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Old Pirate says....... TTP, it sounds as if those jasper folks don't appreciate your honesty. Call up Vic or Zone.....you would probably look good in orange and black. OP says all teams work and want an opportunity to compete. Jasper will get that chance come game night. The fans?..........................if it does.......... get out of hand, let's watch how many stay to support their team. OP says many SP are the same as well as all other programs.

Yeh, OP says the mamas and daddys will hang around but the general fair weather fans will leave early.

Quess................they feel embarressed. The kids are taught to stay and fight to the end.

Maybe........, TTP, you would be kind enough to provide OP with an approximate head count of

THE FENCE JUMPER SORORIETY.

Rumor is they are thinking about joining THE FENCE JUMPER SORORIETY OF NORTH AMERICA.

OP wonders....... would they be called................ THE FENCE JUMPER SORORIETY-JASPER CHAPTER /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Old Pirate says....... TTP, it sounds as if those jasper folks don't appreciate your honesty. Call up Vic or Zone.....you would probably look good in orange and black. OP says all teams work and want an opportunity to compete. Jasper will get that chance come game night. The fans?..........................if it does.......... get out of hand, let's watch how many stay to support their team. OP says many SP are the same as well as all other programs.

Yeh, OP says the mamas and daddys will hang around but the general fair weather fans will leave early.

Quess................they feel embarressed. The kids are taught to stay and fight to the end.

Maybe........, TTP, you would be kind enough to provide OP with an approximate head count of

THE FENCE JUMPER SORORIETY.

Rumor is they are thinking about joining THE FENCE JUMPER SORORIETY OF NORTH AMERICA.

OP wonders....... would they be called................ THE FENCE JUMPER SORORIETY-JASPER CHAPTER /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I hope old pirate that you are saying TTP doesn't appreciate my honesty! I myself will pass on wearing the orange and black not really my colors! As for the fans you are correct IF sp is beating MC I'm sure there will be plenty of fair weather fans that leave early, this something that plagues all sports teams. I can guarantee that no matter what the out come my crew will still be standing proud when that last buzzer sounds!!

First of all, I don't want to come across as a smarty pants, I just get fired up when I talk about SP football. I did not mean any comment to seem like I did not think you knew anything about football. You are correct, I was a freshman and a sophmore when we ran the single wing. Unfortunately, I was not able to play my last two years of high school due to an injury. Coach Wilson did change everything, but like I mentioned, it was because we were not very effective with the players we had to run the single wing. It is a great offense, but you have to have 11 good football players to run it to perfection...and we just did not have that then. We did change to the Power I, which helped feature our best players in 92 and 93. I don't underestimate the Warriors....I just don't think they will be up to the challenge when next Friday rolls around. I am sure they will come out and play hard, but I just think that SP will have to much for them. If I am wrong, I will be back on here next week to let the Warriors know that they were the better team that night.

69, I did not mean to bad mouth the old single wing....the two years I ran it we did not have the players to run it like all of the Pirates before us.

Just wondering how do you think that I am running my mouth? I have said that the Warriors are gonna give the pirates a run for their money and that it will not be a runaway game. If you are such a big fan of the Warriors you are showing little confidence in Warrior team. If all fans were like you then no the Warriors wouldn't have a chance against sp! Thank God they have true faithful fans out there that do support them wholeheartedly and don't write them off before the season has even started. With fans like you what team needs enemies.

I am not writing them off, just telling the truth. Didn't say you were running your mouth, but some are on here saying that marion is going to hammer SP and that is just not going to happen. The Pirates are much like the Warriors of the early nineties with a lot of talent, and with coach hale and baxter, they are a completly different team now. SP will be the best team that marion plays all year including tyner, unless a deep run into the playoffs happens where they would face Alcoa. I am truly a Marion supporter and will support them no matter what happens and I always stay until the final horn, no matter what the sport is. I have already said that this marion team has a chance to be really good this year. Also, when have the fans cost the kids a chance to win a game???