Oak Ridge vs. Maryville scrimmage time changed

Govolsknox

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly I was impressed with how OR looked. They looked much better against the Rebels than they did last year. Without 2 of their biggest playmakers on the field, it is hard to expect them to be the most effective. I was especially pleased with how the young guys looked. Several guys there that handled the ball very well.

thanks i appreciate the compliment. and to answer some ones question yes tony was under 98. the rebels played hard but in the end it was 1-1 so we have a long way to go but we'll be there every day working to get better

No, RebelRon is right ... Maryville had their 2's in when OR scored their first td. OR might have still had their starters in, not sure.

When Maryville scored their only touchdown, Oak Ridge had subbed down to their twos. Maryville might have been playing with their ones, but Oak Ridge was not.

When Maryville scored their only touchdown, Oak Ridge had subbed down to their twos. Maryville might have been playing with their ones, but Oak Ridge was not.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Don't really have a dog in the fight but nevertheless I WAS watching the game. The majority of the same # jerseys that started the game for OR on D were in the game when Maryville scored on their 4th offensive possession. I was specifically checking for this when MHS scored. It was the next series of offensive plays for Maryville when significant player changes started happening both ways.

Maryville's offense needs some jelling but the pieces seem to be there and with that defense they should have time to do that. With the starters on the field for four quarters I would like Maryville's chances. Good luck to both teams, and hope the young man from Oak Ridge who went out is not seriously injured.

WHEW!!! I am really glad OR stood their ground. PROUD OF THE WILDCATS!

Some of you know I live in Chattanooga and tonight I listened to a cable show that said OR was finished as a football program based on the messages posted on CoachT.com.

The Wildcats are far from dead.

Best of luck and continue to get better!!!

PS

Maryville, this same Chattanooga program did not expect the Rebels to repeat. PROVE THEN WRONG!

Eye no fer a fact that O.R. did not scorr on tha Mairvul starturs....Or for that matter even git close two scorin'.....Mairvul had a TD on tha furst drive taken away on a inaddvertunt whistle.....Eye saw whur O.R. played with out sum starturs....And sew did Mairvul....Mairvul's best O-lineman Englehardt did not play and Jamal Brazan didunt play either.....O.R.'s younger kids looked good....Mairvul's first D-line looked dominant.....Good luck two O.R......

Eye no fer a fact that O.R. did not scorr on tha Mairvul starturs....Of for that matter even git close two scorin'.....Mairvul had a TD on tha furst drive taken away on a inaddvertunt whistle.....Eye saw whur O.R. played with out sum starturs....And sew did Mairvul....Mairvul's best O-lineman Englehardt did not play and Jamal Brazan didunt play either.....O.R.'s younger kids looked good....Mairvul's first D-line looked dominant.....Good luck two O.R......

By the way, OR had two starters out as well, My take was that Maryville had a better passing attack, The receiving corp was ok.

OR's RB's were dominant in my opinion.

Will Maryville Go undefeated this season, I don't know, it is just a scrimmage, After seeing this game I really want to see how Alcoa looks.

#15 fer O.R. looked good at runnin' back agin our soffmores...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ....If Rogers wood haiv played maybe he wood haiv done more agin Mairvul's furst teem D......

Keep in mind, #96 the one who scored was a soph. as well ..I am almost sure that #28 the kid who ran over the Maryville defender & then in for the score was a soph. Not sure what being a soph matters whn you are 60- 0 but ok.