Rising Football programs that have come

OS91

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BeeneColiseum

Boyd Buchanan is a team that has really rose in the last 10 years. Actually they rose up once Robert Akins took over for them. Since his arrival they have become a force in region 3 in class A which had pretty much been dominated by South Pittsburg.

Guest Trojans29

Morristown West

96- 2-8 (Year before Woods came to West)

97- 7-4 (Year Woods got here)

98- 8-4 (First Play-off win in a while)

99- 11-1 (Perfect Reg Season)

00- 12-1 (Perfect Reg Season, State Quarter Finals)

01- 12-1 (3rd Straight Conf. Champ, State Semi's)

02- 15-0? (State?)

How about Crockett County?

1989: 1-9

1990: 0-10

1991: 0-10

1992: 2-8

1993: 3-7

1994: 1-9

Current Coach

1995: 0-10

1996: 2-8

1997: 9-3

1998: 9-2

1999: 7-5

2000: 10-2

2001: 12-3

Coach Pratt and his staff have turned a perennial homecoming opponent into a very competetive and well respected team. I think that the best is yet to come!

Guest caligula

For a while they were in Football heck, then Ironsides brought them back. If you watched some games during the mid-late 90's those stands were not full.

Before 1996, Hendersonville had only been to the playoffs once (the school's been around since 1941). In 1995 they went 2-8, and then in 1996 they reached the quarterfinals. They have now made the playoffs 5 out of the last six years, winning the region 3 times and going to the state championship 2 out of the last four years. Coach Hatfield will be entering his fifth year as head coach, and is averaging 11 wins per season.

I can only comment on the Chattanooga area

Teams on the rise...

Ooltewah

Whitwell

Teams to watch

Hixson - one of the worst teams I ever saw was Hixson about 10-years ago. New coach there this year, lots of excitement. They've done "ok" since the late 90's still not quite able to get over the hump though

Soddy Daisy - A little less talk, and a lot more action please.

East Ridge - Too many coaching changes there every year. They have a chance to be a good team year in and year out. I'm not sure that they have the coaches to make it happen.

Celina has the best team they had in years.Chase Stephens is the best QB in the region and Tony Morris can catch anything.The line is better and Tompson is a great back.JT and Tyler both senior FBs will be good this year and coach has them working hard.Brian is a giant and Frazier is good to.Look for them dawgs to have a big year.