No Respect for William Blount

GovMan

In all fairness the govs are a very good football team in a region which is one of the state's best. They have had one good season in the past 4 years. The govs should play with a chip on their shoulder (being predicted to finish 6th) but once again, Young QB, very versitile RB, inexperienced and soft o-line, one go-to reciever, defense that brings a big backer who needs speed, one returning DB(as good as it gets in east TN), one returning DE, and a backer who played only 3 games coming back from a knee injury. So to say one of the best in east TN is an over statement.

Your player evaluations are your opinions, some I agree with , some show you're not real familiar with WB's personnel (trust me, the "big backer" is plenty fast and the o-line, while inexperienced will not be soft). Your estimate of how good the Govs will be, once again, is your prediction. We can see how that one plays out. But to say the Govs have had "one good season in the past 4 years" shows a complete lack of knowledge on your part.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach E is Coach Emert, the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach

Thanks JanJ

I thought tntfootball might reply and double his # of posts. With all of his knowledge I was quite sure he would know who coach E. is....Of all the words I might use to describe Emert's line "soft" wouldn't be one of them.

Let us know if you hear any more news about Josh....

tpoole12

tntfootball

Glad you could grace us with your company. Did you just find this website or did you forget your screen name and password. I'l be sure to pass the word to the "soft o-line" and others you spoke of . Better yet why don't you show up and tell them or coach E. their soft. . These young men practiced against a very strong defence last year and I'm sure they learned alot in the process..... Tell how many practices have you seen or is this just speculation or a wild a.. guess???

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Well seen plenty of practices and this past sat. And dont take it personal about the o-line, just a wild guess maybe you know a boy that plays o-line probably why you took it so harsh... but im not here to cause anything just saying what i feel and what i saw. I'm upset that the QB's burton and witt are hurt my prayers are with both. But lets be honest the o-line and the team its self are'nt where they need to be, and to say this is one of the best teams in east TN right now is just being ignorant. By the way emert is the o-line coach, and Snoderly is the o cord. And if Emert watches the film over sat games he himself would say they were soft. So tpoole12 just for the record i love the govs and wish them the best. Hopefully the o-line will see this and prove me wrong.

Your player evaluations are your opinions, some I agree with , some show you're not real familiar with WB's personnel (trust me, the "big backer" is plenty fast and the o-line, while inexperienced will not be soft). Your estimate of how good the Govs will be, once again, is your prediction. We can see how that one plays out. But to say the Govs have had "one good season in the past 4 years" shows a complete lack of knowledge on your part.

Cole Lail is a great kid, great player, and he would say thats his biggest down fall. The o-line are very inexperienced besides the white boy. And i didnt see the fire that they should have especially being coached by Mr. Emert. My knowledge is plenty over the last 4 years, Meadows first year 3-7, next first round lost great talent wrong offense, next second round lost great power but lack of passing game but did well with what they had, and of course the second round lost that ill never forget 30 to 0. Great young men crying because they knew they were it but just had an off night, i would take them the next 9 of the 10... once again i hope this team proves me wrong

Cole Lail is a great kid, great player, and he would say thats his biggest down fall. The o-line are very inexperienced besides the white boy. And i didnt see the fire that they should have especially being coached by Mr. Emert. My knowledge is plenty over the last 4 years, Meadows first year 3-7, next first round lost great talent wrong offense, next second round lost great power but lack of passing game but did well with what they had, and of course the second round lost that ill never forget 30 to 0. Great young men crying because they knew they were it but just had an off night, i would take them the next 9 of the 10... once again i hope this team proves me wrong

Tnt,

Sounds like you're pretty familiar with the Govs. But can't agree with your assessment that they've had only 1 good season in the past four. Take away the 3-7 and I believe the Govs have been very successful. I suppose it depends on your definition ... playing in the same town with Maryville and Alcoa raises the bar awfully high, but I am still proud that we have turned into a perennial play-off team. It would have been nice to get past that second round last year, but nevertheless, that team still gave me some of my greatest thrills and memories of all the WB teams I've watched ... which would be ALL of them.

As far as Cole and speed ... Emmitt Smith would tell you that he wasn't very fast either when they had the clocks out timing 40's, but he did alright. I know it's a different position, but same principle ... Cole will get the job done when they step out on the field on Friday nights ... and for him, Saturday afternoons in the coming years.

Enjoy talking with you.

Well seen plenty of practices and this past sat. And dont take it personal about the o-line, just a wild guess maybe you know a boy that plays o-line probably why you took it so harsh... but im not here to cause anything just saying what i feel and what i saw. I'm upset that the QB's burton and witt are hurt my prayers are with both. But lets be honest the o-line and the team its self are'nt where they need to be, and to say this is one of the best teams in east TN right now is just being ignorant. By the way emert is the o-line coach, and Snoderly is the o cord. And if Emert watches the film over sat games he himself would say they were soft. So tpoole12 just for the record i love the govs and wish them the best. Hopefully the o-line will see this and prove me wrong.

tnt

I didn't take it harsh. I was just pointing out your choice of words. Young, inexperienced, new... maybe but not soft.

You are right that I know "a" boy on the line. As a matter of fact I know several. I happen to live with one who is young, lacks experience on the varsity level, needs to be stronger, could stand to grow some but he is anything but "soft". ( Get you a handfulll of him and see... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He's a bigger bite than i want to chew. ... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> ).Anyway, this can be said for most of the young men on the o-line. To quote Charlie from the Farm Burea commercials " experience is somthing you don't get till right after you need it" and while some of the kids in school was enjoying sleeping in and just being kids these young men has been training and conditioning to prepare themselves for the upcoming season. Are they the same group we had last year? No, that was a special group of young men who will be missed but such is High School Football. Every team we face this year will have some new faces in the starting line-up.

Now ... I would like to know where I said this is one of the best teams.?... I think you should reread my posts.... All I've said is that they will improve as the season progresses and that the defence will be their strength early. As I stated earlier, there is still alot of speed on this team. Your statement about the "o-line and team not being where they need to be " may have merit but there is not any team anywhere that is. If they think they are then there finished. This sport is about improvement. I bet there is not a coach anywhere that thinks his team is where they need to be at this point.

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Tnt,

Sounds like you're pretty familiar with the Govs. But can't agree with your assessment that they've had only 1 good season in the past four. Take away the 3-7 and I believe the Govs have been very successful. I suppose it depends on your definition ... playing in the same town with Maryville and Alcoa raises the bar awfully high, but I am still proud that we have turned into a perennial play-off team. It would have been nice to get past that second round last year, but nevertheless, that team still gave me some of my greatest thrills and memories of all the WB teams I've watched ... which would be ALL of them.

As far as Cole and speed ... Emmitt Smith would tell you that he wasn't very fast either when they had the clocks out timing 40's, but he did alright. I know it's a different position, but same principle ... Cole will get the job done when they step out on the field on Friday nights ... and for him, Saturday afternoons in the coming years.

Enjoy talking with you.

[/quo

Govman

Excellent point about 40 yards being timed but football is about angles and instincts and Cole has more than enough of that for high school. And his desire is what has always set him apart.

tnt

I didn't take it harsh. I was just pointing out your choice of words. Young, inexperienced, new... maybe but not soft.

You are right that I know "a" boy on the line. As a matter of fact I know several. I happen to live with one who is young, lacks experience on the varsity level, needs to be stronger, could stand to grow some but he is anything but "soft". ( Get you a handfulll of him and see... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He's a bigger bite than i want to chew. ... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> ).Anyway, this can be said for most of the young men on the o-line. To quote Charlie from the Farm Burea commercials " experience is somthing you don't get till right after you need it" and while some of the kids in school was enjoying sleeping in and just being kids these young men has been training and conditioning to prepare themselves for the upcoming season. Are they the same group we had last year? No, that was a special group of young men who will be missed but such is High School Football. Every team we face this year will have some new faces in the starting line-up.

Now ... I would like to know where I said this is one of the best teams.?... I think you should reread my posts.... All I've said is that they will improve as the season progresses and that the defence will be their strength early. As I stated earlier, there is still alot of speed on this team. Your statement about the "o-line and team not being where they need to be " may have merit but there is not any team anywhere that is. If they think they are then there finished. This sport is about improvement. I bet there is not a coach anywhere that thinks his team is where they need to be at this point.

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I'm sorry tpoole12 but i would have to agree with tnt on this one.. Ive been around WB for a while and I was at the Saturday scrimmage and things aren't looking good for our offense this year.. Number one the Qb situation kills us because that takes away our runningback from being so explosive, and two the offensive lines was slow and passive.. Now there are some big boys on that line but my goodness, Garner was getting hit on almost every play.. And we were playing teams like Cleveland and Polk County.. I know Coach Emert does a good job with his line and hopefully this o-line will turn out like the previous years.. But that was also a scrimmage and they need to learn and grow from it.. I liked the choice of word tnt used "soft", because thats what i saw too.. And you even said it, that they need to be stronger.. Ok well if they need to be stronger then that means their weak, and another word for weak is soft.. So tnt was in the right direction, I guess you just didnt like the word "soft".. Weak, passive, not aggressive, slow, no fire,.. Those are some things i saw in the o-line Saturday and that has to change for us to go anywhere this year.. But with that being said, I hope another Qb steps up so we dont use Garner as our Qb so we can feed the horses and get this offense going.. We still have a lot of speed on this team on the offensive side.. ( Cope, Garner, and hopefully Thomason and House rise to the occasion ) Other than that i like our team this year.. Wilhite does great with the defense and we return key players on that side of the ball so im not so worried there.. But you cant win if you dont score..

Ballfan2

I'm sorry tpoole12 but i would have to agree with tnt on this one.. Ive been around WB for a while and I was at the Saturday scrimmage and things aren't looking good for our offense this year..

Ballfan2

Gosh ballfan2 cents you aint a Will-Yum Blunt fan why are ewe worried about "our" offence???????????........ /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

hey Govman or tpoole have you heard any word on Whitehead at Marshal is getting a chance to compete for the punters job or will he be redshirted this year? if he's not they must have a heck of a punter!

Just talked to his dad today. Kase will be competing for the punters job. I don't think he will have a problem winning the job, but alot of people don't think much of my opinions...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> In my opinion Kase doesn't need to worry about being the best punter at Marshall, He should strive to be the best punter in D1 or D2... If you will "google" his name and look for reports from the Charleston newspapers there are some photos and news. He looks funny in green.......

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Just talked to his dad today. Kase will be competing for the punters job. I don't think he will have a problem winning the job, but alot of people don't think much of my opinions...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> In my opinion Kase doesn't need to worry about being the best punter at Marshall, He should strive to be the best punter in D1 or D2... If you will "google" his name and look for reports from the Charleston newspapers there are some photos and news. He looks funny in green.......

tpoole12

GO GOVS

yeah that kid has a BIGTIME leg, he should do well