Oakland Football 2008

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, alot of things are changing, but alot of times, you want to make some new traditions and do your best to blend them in with the old. I have no qualms about McDaniel chaning the uniforms. As for being in the hole, i know during the off-season the program raised in upwards of $50,000 through various fundraisers and what not, so I am sure that explains why they can easily afford the new uni's.

Offensively, It should be a pretty familar look for those that have seen Riverdale over the years, but I think we like to be a little bit more open in our playcalling than Riverdale was. Most of the time you will see Oakland lined up in the 4-4 or the 5-2, but they like to use that Cover 3 more often than not, which has been impressive up to this point.

As for potentially comparing this staff to Maryville's, thats is way off base, alot of Maryville's assistants, if not all of them, have been head coaches somewhere. Oakland does have a few that have been head coaches, but certainly not all of them. Althought I certainly wouldnt mind it if our coaching staff is compared to Maryville in the coming years, but that is way way way too premature.

As previously stated, if Oakland can get some consistency among their offensive line, they will be a very dangerous team, the talent, skill and experience is there on both sides to contend this year.

I didn't think the clock malfunctioned until the varsity scrimmage, but I could be wrong about that. I did talk with a parent whose son plays on the Tullahoma freshman team and he paid closer attention to the freshman scrimmage than I did and he said the Cats won the freshman scrimmage. I was impressed with the Oakland varsity. Granted that neither Tullahoma or Oakland showed too much since scouts from Lincoln Co and Riverdale were there, Oakland was the better team Friday nite. Good luck against Riverdale.