New Ensworth Wrestling Coach

BuckLateral

I was just checking some schedules on the Ensworth High School website and noticed an announcement posted on 6/16/08 about "New Coaches Join Ensworth Staff". One of those listed is " Charles McTorry II----Wrestling Coach". Based on the bio posted, this is the Charles McTorry, former Overton state champ and Nebraska wrestler and most recently an assistant at Overton.

I know that Johnny Rich left Ensworth in the spring to go into private business so that position was open.

Great pick-up by Ensworth to fill a void left by Rich who had coached the Ensworth program from its inception.

If this news has already been posted, I just missed it and apologize for bringing it up again.

So how long will it take before they can challange Father Ryan?

To win at the highest level in wrestling (Bradley, Father Ryan, Baylor) & to stay at the top (no one year wonders) you need a good coaching staff, alumni support, kids willing to work very hard, and a tradition of success. I am not sure that Ensworth is willing to pay the price at this point and time to be successful but time will tell.

If this is true that is a great hire. I am not sure about his coaching ability but I do know he is a great person. I just wonder if he can teach the quickness and strength combination that made him one of TN greatest wrestlers.

I feel confident that Charles McTorry will make an excellent coach at Ensworth. He is a really good guy and he does know his wrestling. I sent my son to his camp the year before last and he really enjoyed it and learned a lot. The conditioning was pretty tough also. Just like anywhere else, he will need a few years to instill his influence and style of wrestling on the program, but I have no doubts that he will make that program successful. I think it was a great hire and a big lose for Gabriel at Overton, eventhough Overton will be ready with or without him. Ralph is an excellent coach also.

• 1 month later...

I feel confident that Charles McTorry will make an excellent coach at Ensworth. He is a really good guy and he does know his wrestling. I sent my son to his camp the year before last and he really enjoyed it and learned a lot. The conditioning was pretty tough also. Just like anywhere else, he will need a few years to instill his influence and style of wrestling on the program, but I have no doubts that he will make that program successful. I think it was a great hire and a big lose for Gabriel at Overton, eventhough Overton will be ready with or without him. Ralph is an excellent coach also.

What feeder system does Ensworth have ? This is also one major key for having a sucessful program , year in and year out ! Good luck Coach McTorry !