Chattanooga Grace

Indian

Heard Grace beat Hixson tonight 7-6 in the jamboree, but how did they look? Several guys had been out in the previous scrimmages. Where any of them back tonight?

Their two best linemen still on sideline, one a solid center. Don't know how much longer, but I know both will be back early in season. The cities leading WR from last year is also still out and word from the stands is he is another one that will be back very soon.

Looked like the guys were soft at first defensively, but stepped it up and held Hixon from scoring to end. Caused a couple fumbles and got one back. I'd say they looked pretty good against the bigger school and bigger boys of Hixon.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace has excellent players at the skill positions and should score a lot of points. However, they will probably give up a lot. They should be fun to watch. Probably cannot compete with Boyd Buc and South Pittsburg. Grace does not have a lot of size --- makes it tough to stop the run.

Grace has excellent players at the skill positions and should score a lot of points. However, they will probably give up a lot. They should be fun to watch. Probably cannot compete with Boyd Buc and South Pittsburg. Grace does not have a lot of size --- makes it tough to stop the run.

You are correct, they aren't the biggest group of guys, but they are bigger. Plus their two big boys on the line have been on sideline. I will disagree about the giving up of a lot of points. Their defense is looking like a different group then the past years. They have multiple guys that will come up and pop you pretty hard, even in the secondary now. I know in the past, I've never really seen their D be a hard hitting tough team, but they are showing signs of having a pretty solid D and wouldn't say they will give up tons of points. It is obvious though, Boyd and SP will be their big games and Grace will definitely be out sized. But I wouldn't count them out yet. Good luck!

You are correct, they aren't the biggest group of guys, but they are bigger. Plus their two big boys on the line have been on sideline. I will disagree about the giving up of a lot of points. Their defense is looking like a different group then the past years. They have multiple guys that will come up and pop you pretty hard, even in the secondary now. I know in the past, I've never really seen their D be a hard hitting tough team, but they are showing signs of having a pretty solid D and wouldn't say they will give up tons of points. It is obvious though, Boyd and SP will be their big games and Grace will definitely be out sized. But I wouldn't count them out yet. Good luck!

Congrats to Grace on playing good against Hixson. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> BUT, what in the world is wrong with Hixson? They have great facilities, athletes, growing community! Whats the deal? I know this is a Grace thread, just thought I would ask.

grace wins over the 'hawks 42-14

I'm not going to say a score, but it looks like Grace is much stronger and I haven't seen much improvement on the Seahawks side. However, SD has built a respectable program and have great coaches and support, so they definitely can't be overlooked. On paper, Grace has it easy though.

I'm not going to say a score, but it looks like Grace is much stronger and I haven't seen much improvement on the Seahawks side. However, SD has built a respectable program and have great coaches and support, so they definitely can't be overlooked. On paper, Grace has it easy though.

will sd have any new players step up and make it interesting tho or is this just gonna be bad for the hawks?